Post-Game Talk: #29 - 12/8/19 | RANGERS @ golden knights

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Hank is the one that’s not like the others at this point. We’d be set up beautifully with Georgiev and Shesterkin. Having to lose one for maybe a year Of hank really really sucks.

but there’s nothing we can do about it.

listen I was as skeptical as it gets last year when Shesterkin was doing what he was doing for SKA but he’s basically doing it in Hartford as well. He’s got ice in his veins.

He’s the guy if there’s a gun to my head.
My thoughts exactly. Even after this performance, I don’t know if I would keep Georgiev over Shestyorkin. It’s so tough. Good problem to have I guess, but goalies can go into some bad funks out of nowhere.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Hope you guys don't mind me dropping in here to ask this, but will Fox and DeAngelo continue to swap roles on that first unit PP? Asking for selfish fantasy reasons of course.
You're probably going to see all of ADA/Fox/Trouba at the PP1 point at different points going forward, but ADA is most likely going to see more time there than the others since he's the most offensively skilled of the three.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Georgiev has a ton of talent but it's about consistently bringing that talent every night. There are too many nights where he doesn't but he'd so young in his NHL career, he's improving, he should be staying around for another few years at least. He, Hank and Shesty will split time next year. He and Shesty will continue splitting time beyond that. There's no shame in being one of the best backups in the league getting 35 games. He definitely already is at that level. It's up in the air whether he and/or Shesty are more than that.

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
Watched the 9 min highlights on YouTube. What advanced analytics measures the number of chances allowed per highlight minute? Staal seems to be at 2.7.

Reactions: duhmetreE

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Trouba will wear a letter soon by the way. Man is that guy a stud.

back up to like a 50 pt pace no? And that’s without first PP mins
I was weary of him tbh...

He's shown a different level the past couple weeks... We need his nastiness.

Skjei Trouba has been good

Reactions: Kovalev27

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You guys gotta stop with this idea that they’re gonna run a three headed goalie monster. That’s not going to happen. That’s not conducive to success for any of the goalie involved. It’s a Cap issue as well. It’s not going to happen. The Rangers will make a decision and frankly I think it’ll be soon.

the Rangers also really like Huska and for good reason. He’s ready to be an AHL number 1.

Wall is having a tremendous season he’s going to get signed.

they have to follow the plan and the plan has always been Shesterkin who if anything has exceeded expectations

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
In an ideal world you probably run Georgiev and Shestyorkin as a tandem for the foreseeable future

However it’s not possible

So we’ll see if the team can get value for Georgiev

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Like I said over the summer, if he puts up between 40 and 45 pts id be thrilled. My exact words (if you want to go back and search)

I don’t see why he won’t do just that while learning the league learning what living in NYC is all about. Learning how to take care of himself in a new land with a new language. He’s right on track to do exactly that.

Last edited:

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
In an ideal world you probably run Georgiev and Shestyorkin as a tandem for the foreseeable future

However it’s not possible

So we’ll see if the team can get value for Georgiev

Freddie Andersen return. Late first should be the goal.

In fact, they might just leave Georgiev in San Jose after the game on Thursday. Talk about a team with an awful goalie situation

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
You can teach anyone with pro-level skill how to play the right way.
Well, almost...

But it’s too early to judge right now..

vitali-kravtsov-2020-48.jpg

Reactions: ohbaby

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
At least Kakko is scoring at a decent clip.

You can teach anyone with pro-level skill how to play the right way. You can't make guys score.
40pt pace as an 18 yearold.. still respectable

That could quickly change if he gets on a hot streak

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Hasnt played a game in the nhl though. I honestly feel they gotta work around this until Lundqvists contract runs out or he moves on.
I think the team could get away with keeping Shestyorkin in Hartford for this season, but next season would be a tough sell.

Especially if he continues to play the way he has

Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Well, almost...

But it’s too early to judge right now..

vitali-kravtsov-2020-48.jpg
The player also has to be willing.

Kravtsov wants to dangle everyone, and I want him to do that also, but he's not at that level yet.

Kakko, to me, seems willing and seems like he's working hard.

Reactions: egelband

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I think the team could get away with keeping Shestyorkin in Hartford for this season, but next season would be a tough sell.

Especially if he continues to play the way he has

He can be sent down next year though, make an arrangement with him that they will play him some next year but will take over the following year when Hank is done. It's not ideal but I still dont want to let go of a good goalie until we know for sure what Shesterkin is. I believe he is elite but maybe he is no better than Georgiev, hes only played in the KHL and the AHL.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Freddie Andersen return. Late first should be the goal.

In fact, they might just leave Georgiev in San Jose after the game on Thursday. Talk about a team with an awful goalie situation
yeah too bad Ottawa owns their first (not saying I want to trade Georgiev).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->