3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Georgiev
Bread
Trouba

The three of them, all a treat to watch.

Georgiev making it impossible to trade him. Remember, he's a couple months younger than Shesterkin.
Only question is, what the heck do we pay this kid this summer? Binnington got 2 x $4.4M AAV. Do we try to keep Georgie on a short-term deal like that, or do we try to get him for a bit longer? Binnington's deal is similar to what Talbot did on his 3-year deal if you wanna go by CapHit%

Reactions: NYRangers16

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Hank is the one that’s not like the others at this point. We’d be set up beautifully with Georgiev and Shesterkin. Having to lose one for maybe a year Of hank really really sucks.

but there’s nothing we can do about it.

listen I was as skeptical as it gets last year when Shesterkin was doing what he was doing for SKA but he’s basically doing it in Hartford as well. He’s got ice in his veins.

He’s the guy if there’s a gun to my head.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
This comment doesn't really make much sense. Georgiev is not going to sustain this level of play forever, because if he did he'd end up as the best goalie in NHL history.

We saw Talbot and Raanta with similar stretches. We saw people anointing them as potential #1's. Look what happened.

Georgiev has been great, but let's pump the breaks a little. Shesty is one of the best goalie prospects in the league for a reason. He has torn it up everywhere he's played.
Love HF. Where tearing it up in every league but the NHL is greater than tearing it up in the NHL.
Puh-tenn-shuuulll...

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
According to Evolving-Hockey, Georgiev before this game was 3.7 GSAx (Goals saved above expectation, all situations, scoring and venue adjusted) which is good for 12th in the league. He had 4.9 GSAx in this game alone which should vault him all the way up to 4th in the league with 8.6 GSAx behind only Connor Hellebuyck (12.2), Darcy Kuemper (10.8), and Ben Bishop (9.2). This is a cumulative stat and everybody ahead of him have played 6-9 games more than him.

Last edited:

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
For anyone ready to trade Georgiev. This guy is a solution. You do not jettison him for some 2nd rounder - or 1st: look at success rate. I am not trading him. Just no. End of conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: belford22 and Vinny

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This comment doesn't really make much sense. Georgiev is not going to sustain this level of play forever, because if he did he'd end up as the best goalie in NHL history.

We saw Talbot and Raanta with similar stretches. We saw people anointing them as potential #1's. Look what happened.

Georgiev has been great, but let's pump the breaks a little. Shesty is one of the best goalie prospects in the league for a reason. He has torn it up everywhere he's played.
This doesn't make sense to me. No one is saying that Georgiev is going to pitch 38-save shutouts with regularity. But the dude has consistently been well above-average between the pipes while playing with a toxic waste dump in front of him. I don't think it's at all unreasonable to think he will consistently post save percentages of .920+ moving forward, especially if we ever play defense as a team.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Georgiev is a great goalie and I know Igor has excelled in the KHL and is excelling now in the AHL but it's not the NHL and Georgiev is excelling in the NHL right now. He stole the game against Columbus and we were getting bombarded in the first and he made numerous outstanding saves throughout--one could very much argue he stole this one too.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Lol, there's no way ADA should be above Trouba. I know you hate him an all but this is insane.
I can compile a highlight video if you like, Trouba was beat so many times and if it weren’t for Georgiev bailing him out people would be calling for Trouba’s head. Players were blowing by him. He looked like he was skating in quicksand on that PP. He had an awful game everywhere but the scoreboard.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Yea....that's exactly what I said. Great response.
What are you talking about. I am completely contradicting what you said. You're saying pump the brakes, Shesty dominates everywhere, I am saying G is doing it at the level we care about. Save your great response nonsense.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
This doesn't make sense to me. No one is saying that Georgiev is going to pitch 38-save shutouts with regularity. But the dude has consistently been well above-average between the pipes while playing with a toxic waste dump in front of him. I don't think it's at all unreasonable to think he will consistently post save percentages of .920+ moving forward, especially if we ever play defense as a team.

I've seen a lot of goalies have stretches where they play wonderful, only to come back down to earth. I generally think it takes around 2-3 seasons to really get a sense of what a goalie is going to be. You're predicting All-Star like numbers for Georgiev for the remainder of his career when he's had one season as a backup and another with, albeit, a great stretch of games, but that's only 2 months in.

It just seems extremely premature to be assuming this guy is going to be Hank's successor. Frankly, at this point I'd really prefer we move Hank, call up Shesty and just let the two of them split time moving forward.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I can compile a highlight video if you like, Trouba was beat so many times and if it weren’t for Georgiev bailing him out people would be calling for Trouba’s head. Players were blowing by him. He looked like he was skating in quicksand on that PP. He had an awful game everywhere but the scoreboard.
Think you're confusing Trouba with Skjei. Trouba was OUTSTANDING tonight – exactly as the vote by damn near everyone but you reflects. It was his partner that kept getting beaten.

DeAngelo did have that one absolutely beautiful pass on the first goal and was quite good on the PPs, but otherwise was part of the problem in the D zone in periods one and two.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
RkEfpAN.gif

new gif material

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
What are you talking about. I am completely contradicting what you said. You're saying pump the brakes, Shesty dominates everywhere, I am saying G is doing it at the level we care about. Save your great response nonsense.

Why can't you respond in a respectful manner? You know it's possible to disagree and be mature, right?

As for your remarks, I care about what our prospects do at other levels. As any fan should. Shesty has shown he can dominate at every level he's played at. How is it his fault he hasn't gotten the chance to show that at the NHL level?

This isn't a knock on Georgiev. I just need to see a lot more than 56 games to anoint someone the future #1, especially when we have one of the best goalie prospects in the world dominating everywhere he's given a shot.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Don't wanna be the one to say it, but Hank might want to see if he's willing to chase that cup somewhere because keeping Georgiev and Shesterkin might be the teams top priority going into next season

Reactions: apoptygma

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
Don't wanna be the one to say it, but Hank might want to see if he's willing to chase that cup somewhere because keeping Georgiev and Shesterkin might be the teams top priority going into next season

I just hope the Rangers just don't "bench" him - and it is all done on bad terms.
The man has given his career to the NYR

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

This is what needs to happen. It won’t, but this is the solution.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I just hope the Rangers just don't "bench" him - and it is all done on bad terms.
The man has given his career to the NYR

This might be a Dolan team, but I do not expect them to do that to him. Gorton will handle this well, and you know JD won't allow that to happen to someone who meant everything to the team

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I've seen a lot of goalies have stretches where they play wonderful, only to come back down to earth. I generally think it takes around 2-3 seasons to really get a sense of what a goalie is going to be. You're predicting All-Star like numbers for Georgiev for the remainder of his career when he's had one season as a backup and another with, albeit, a great stretch of games, but that's only 2 months in.

It just seems extremely premature to be assuming this guy is going to be Hank's successor. Frankly, at this point I'd really prefer we move Hank, call up Shesty and just let the two of them split time moving forward.
I'm not predicting anything "for the rest of his career". I'm saying he has clearly displayed the ability to play at a very high level in the NHL. He's assuming a heavier workload now, and still looking excellent. I don't see why he can't continue to do what he's doing.

Your initial post that I responded to said he'd be the best goaltender ever if he continued this level of play. No one is suggesting anything close to that, so I don't know why you'd even mention it. The same with mischaracterizing my statement about him posting .920+ save percentages as saying he will be an All Star for the rest of his career. So maybe you should pump the brakes on telling people to pump the brakes?

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Hope you guys don't mind me dropping in here to ask this, but will Fox and DeAngelo continue to swap roles on that first unit PP? Asking for selfish fantasy reasons of course.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
They’re not going to pay hank and georgiev that’s what it really comes down too. They’ll be over 10 mil in net easy.

they’ve invested a lot in Shesterkin who’s come over and frankly has dominated. I mean really dominated. He’s probably the best goalie of the 3 right now and doesn’t have the highs and lows Georgiev does.

hank is easily the one that should go but he it’s not that simple obviously. So we’re going to have to move Georgiev which we don’t want to do. But we didn’t want to move Talbot or Raanta either.

Reactions: bl02

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad