Post-Game Talk: #26: Blue Jackets 4 at FLYERS 3 (OT), Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
What was the score?
Coaches throw combos together for short periods, but that doesn't mean they make sense on a steady basis.
Prior to the pair being on the ice it was 1-3 Lumbus. After a few shifts of the two paired it was 3-3 tied. While this is the fallacy of SSS, it seems highly disingenuous to discount the pairing being a success. Cause you know, they played really well together. That pairing has looked miles better than either Provy Ghost, or Sanheim Gudas, and the two have the results to prove it.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Prior to the pair being on the ice it was 1-3 Lumbus. After a few shifts of the two paired it was 3-3 tied. While this is the fallacy of SSS, it seems highly disingenuous to discount the pairing being a success. Cause you know, they played really well together. That pairing has looked miles better than either Provy Ghost, or Sanheim Gudas, and the two have the results to prove it.

How hilarious is it that in THREE f***ING YEARS, Provorov - Gudas has never once been tryed as a pair at 5v5?

Provorov - Gudas
Sanheim - Ghost

Give it to me now.

Can't try that though. It might work and that's no bueno for that f***ing trojan horse sent to destroy us behind the bench.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Two goals doesnt change **** but I'll wait for Sanheim.
Well it did change the standings calculations. The Flyers picked up a loser point, thus maintaining the extreme mediocre status quo that has settled in. Had the Flyers lost, the point would not have been added to the season total, making it even that much harder for the Flyers most ardent supporters to maintain the facade that they are close to a .500 team and :blah:.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Well it did change the standings calculations. The Flyers picked up a loser point, thus maintaining the extreme mediocre status quo that has settled in. Had the Flyers lost, the point would not have been added to the season total, making it even that much harder for the Flyers most ardent supporters to maintain the facade that they are close to a .500 team and :blah:.

Ironically, while a loser point maintains the status quo and the Flyers’ legacy of mediocrity, thereby saving the jobs of all the wrong people, it isn’t good enough to make the playoffs. A point a game would still miss the playoffs by a good 10 to 14 points.

Which would be something worse than mediocre ultimately. One might say it’s bad.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
How hilarious is it that in FOUR ****ING YEARS, Provorov - Gudas has never once been tryed as a pair at 5v5?

Provorov - Gudas
Sanheim - Ghost

Give it to me now.

Can't try that though. It might work and that's no bueno for that ****ing trojan horse sent to destroy us behind the bench.
I have wanted that Provy - Gudas pair just for the cheese meme's alone. You'd figure it'd start on a PK, and maybe just transition over to 5v5 play. But not in 3 years counting (this is Provy's 3rd year on the Flyers, keep the rage within due bounds) it is a travisty.

For fun-

Reactions: The Rage Kage

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, Weise looked good for 14 games with Couts, how that work out?
5 minutes together, playing behind and taking chances is obviously more than enough time to evaluate a defensive pairing.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer and JXC

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Well, Wilson's first job was to get Sanheim going. Check.

His next job is to "fix" Provy.

Seriously, something's being going on with Provy all season, and it's not good.

He's been noticeably worse with the puck and he doesn't seem as physical to me.

It's possible that he has an overhang from the bad shoulder injury in game five of the playoffs.

It's possible that a certain defense coach who's no longer around was screwing with his game.

My pet theory is that he's playing with a cut-down stick this season and it's messed with his puck handling and, as a result, his confidence.

After the game in Anaheim, I posted this:

"Speaking of Provy, I have a theory about his early season problems with the puck. It sure looks to me that he's using a cut-down stick. The last time the boys were in Anaheim I looked at their stick rack during warm-ups. Provy's stick was the tallest on the team. Last night he was using a stick that was average in length; just slightly longer than Gudas and shorter than Hägg, Sanheim and Folin. In warm-ups, Provy spent most of his time at center ice working on his puck-handling. During that time, I didn't see the distinctive "raised right elbow" that was so much a part of his look during his first two years in the League. Have you guys read anything about this? If accurate, an interview with Provy about the change would be interesting."

I could be off base on this, but I'd love for a guy like Meltzer, or Isaac, to do some digging and report on what exactly is going on with our Russian machine.
Interesting theory. Provorov does look like someone who has changed something basic, like skates or diet or stick...

JXC

Dec 28, 2005
I was reading through and was just about to post this. I don't understand it. How do other teams get so many high quality scoring chances off the rush AND with offensive zone time? And how come they make it look
so easy?

I watch Dallas frequently. I'm just blown away that hockey can be played with speed, offensive skill, and defensive aptitude all in one package.
That’s what having a good roster does for you.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Interesting theory. Provorov does look like someone who has changed something basic, like skates or diet or stick...
Every game he gets way more attention now then the last three 3 and that half throttle skating isnt getting him out of trouble anymore. Anderson made him his bitch last night and it would get worse in the playoffs. Ghost gets the same now with forechecks way harder then before.

Reactions: JXC

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
So the two players last night were not impressive as a pair? They prevented goals against, and scored goals for. What else is there to hockey that I'm missing?
Good for them; they had a couple nice shifts together. If the team is down a couple goals in the 3rd it’s a good pair to try. But I wouldn’t want them as a regular pairing.

JXC

Dec 28, 2005
Yeah, Weise looked good for 14 games with Couts, how that work out?
5 minutes together, playing behind and taking chances is obviously more than enough time to evaluate a defensive pairing.
One would think this would be obvious.

JXC

Dec 28, 2005
Every game he gets way more attention now then the last three 3 and that half throttle skating isnt getting him out of trouble anymore. Anderson made him his ***** last night and it would get worse in the playoffs. Ghost gets the same now with forechecks way harder then before.
This is so true.

Gost has a real problem in his skating and it makes him vulnerable to rushes. Still a very valuable player but not a first pairing guy as so many here are downright desperate to believe.

There’s something wrong with Provie. You don’t just go from being one of the most promising defensemen in the league to what he is today without something basic being wrong.

They need a first pairing stalwart guy. They need a scorer. They need a goaltender. The situation, I think, it not that dire. They just fall a wee bit short way too often.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
th (8).jpg

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
My brother joked that Provy must’ve started drinking. I joked that some idiot teammate must’ve peer pressured him into “just one” & it went all downhill.
MiserlySpeedyDoe-max-1mb.gif

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
My brother joked that Provy must’ve started drinking. I joked that some idiot teammate must’ve peer pressured him into “just one” & it went all downhill.
MiserlySpeedyDoe-max-1mb.gif
HAHAHAHA he looks slow but he isnt the best skater he just wasnt pressured as much. We need a real #1 like Doughty. Seen Doughty clean Anderson for the same shit he pulled on Provy an he better stand up for himself too. That was weak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad