Post-Game Talk: #26: Blue Jackets 4 at FLYERS 3 (OT), Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
And this is why you lack gold stars.
Ohhhh no no no no no... I wasn’t yelling AT you, I was yelling TO you because I had... uh.... um... I had... uh... I had water stuck in my ear! Yeah. It was messing up my hearing and my balance was off and the X axis of the suns rotation was in parallel to like the astral fields of the polar opposites through a meteor shower because of continental drift and the migration of African swallows were late this year.

What I meant to say was: “Oh, well I thank you for sharing your opinion and I’d also deeply appreciate it if you could show me how to improve my writing while using a mouse, since I’m sure you’re better at it than I am”.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Oh look, all our goals came off the transition/rush game. This team has a killer quick strike attack.

Sanheim- I don't know what else he needs to show the coach
  • Poor shot decision, got blocked leading to a rush the other way in the first
  • Beautiful look cross ice to Coots who just couldn't handle it after leading a rush and taking a give and go
  • Worked on the cycle on more than one occasion
  • The goals were both ****ing sweet
Love the coach throwing Hagg and Mac out there after the goal. 1-1. On a goalie goal. Shocking, I know

Konecny: the dude is starting to become a difference maker
  • Centered Giroux on a nifty play, just rolled off his stick
  • Beat a Blue Jacket wide in pretty impressive fashion for a shot-for-rebound which bounced right to the slot. One of his first shifts
  • The chemistry with Giroux is really starting to blossom
Stolarz: really did play well outside of the first goal

Provorov: starting to come around again. There was a few times he chose to carry the puck out instead of forcing a pass to a winger. Confidence is starting to rise...jumping up on more plays. Just looks like he's settling down a little. That pair is going to be fine, I hope they stay together. Ghost made a few good defensive plays too- broke up a 3-2 and another zone entry from what I remember with 2 good pokes.

That Coots flukey goal wasn't a goal, pretty surprising they missed that offside in real time. Regardless, that spin move by Coots was pretty dirty. The refereeing was NHL quality, as usual. This is a good example of a game where penalties killed you even though they didn't give up a PPGA. They outplayed Columbus throughout the game with a bit of a lull two-thirds of the way through the 1st, after taking 2 penalties. Shocking, I know. 2nd period? Shorthanded for half of it. Literally. No flow established at all, and it cost them as they were caught running 2 Chinese fire drills that led to the goals. In the 3rd they stayed out of the box and, shockingly, pushed the play. Loved what was probably the most blatant trip of the season in the entire NHL on Jake that went uncalled.

All that being said about the penalty parade, the PK is looking better and more hungry. Stolarz standing tall. On a final note, all of a sudden in OT they're making these braindead ****ing plays that give the other team what is essentially a penalty shot to end games. Jesus ****ing Christ.

I love Sanheim, G, and Konecny. That is all.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Reactions: Adtar02

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Of all the bull**** Hak does, him not starting G in OT is so ****ing infuriating. Playing matchups in 3on3 is just ridiculous. G at most gets 2 shifts in OT with this strategy, what a ****ing moron.

To be fair, a lot of teams start with their ‘second’ unit in hopes of gaining possession. Then they can change on the fly while the defense is tired.

This isn’t a Hak only thing, but to be clear on my ultimate position - fire Hamsteak

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Huge red flags here!
- Smart
- D-man joining(/leading!!!) the rush
- High skillset

Wait a second. A defenseman leading the rush? That's apparently a bad idea to one poster on here and I quote their reasonings:

If your defensemen are consistently leading the rush, it means:
a) they lack vision and aren't making the crisp passes they should to forwards
b) the forwards are out of position or not getting clear for passes
c) the forwards can't handle a good pass

So, I guess that means that Sanheim lacks vision, forwards are out of position and they can't handle a good pass. You're right - Sanheim is probably going to be benched next game.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sanheim needs to go to Wilson and just whisper "I have so much more to give. Let me off my leash".
And all our opponents can go to their D coach and let him know that when the Flyers are in the offensive zone the slot is...
giphy.gif

... because we only care about point shots from trash like Mac and Hagg.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
The guy in the crowd that yells "shoot it!!!" on every power play knows more about hockey than this coach.
i believe this is probably true, but unfortunately the beats won't interview him,and his thoughts get drowned out by the propaganda spewed by the broadcast team.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Just sit back and relax. Everything you see will change over the next month. I think Fletcher watches in December, then makes moves in January - but I doubt firing Hakstol is one of them - and replace him with Gordon? No thanks. Wait until the summer.

Wilson's first game coaching up the defense, they kept shooting him with a whiteboard, coaching up the kids.
I think Wilson will decide the D rotations and roles, but he's probably going to give everyone a tryout in December, assess their strengths and weaknesses, coach and use them accordingly.

Sanheim was shaky in the 2nd period, came out flying in the 3rd period.

I doubt Flyers are coached not to go to the net with the puck, some of this is on players, Raffl bless his soul, lacks the puck skills to play in the top 9, same with Weise and Simmonds and Laughton. Fletcher is going to be moving out some forwards in the next couple months, outside the first line there is no chemistry, JVR needs a center to set him up, look for a move for a veteran 3C, Voracek is more valuable as trade bait than as a Flyer, he drags Patrick down and didn't fit with Laughton. This team needs forwards with speed (with and without the puck) who can and will shoot.

Stolarz is giving me hope, has to maintain this level of play, but shows real potential.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Wait a second. A defenseman leading the rush? That's apparently a bad idea to one poster on here and I quote their reasonings:

If your defensemen are consistently leading the rush, it means:
a) they lack vision and aren't making the crisp passes they should to forwards
b) the forwards are out of position or not getting clear for passes
c) the forwards can't handle a good pass

So, I guess that means that Sanheim lacks vision, forwards are out of position and they can't handle a good pass. You're right - Sanheim is probably going to be benched next game.

Well whoever made those claims inadvertently asserted that Orr lacked vision and passing ability

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
To be fair, a lot of teams start with their ‘second’ unit in hopes of gaining possession. Then they can change on the fly while the defense is tired.

This isn’t a Hak only thing, but to be clear on my ultimate position - fire Hamsteak

The 2nd unit had five OT goals last season, and the 1st unit had three.

Final stats for 2017-18: 25 OT games (9 OT wins, 7 OT losses, 2 SO wins, 7 SO losses)

14 Couturier - 34:07 (2 goals, 3 assists)
53 Ghost - 33:56 (1 goal, 2 assists)
9 Provorov - 33:27 (2 assists)
93 Voracek - 32:00 (2 goals, 1 assist)
28 Giroux - 27:30 (1 assist)
11 Konecny - 22:11 (2 goals, 2 assists)

51 Filppula - 14:32 (2 assists)
17 Simmonds - 11:28 (1 goal)
47 MacDonald - 8:02
40 Weal - 5:39 (1 goal)
19 Patrick - 5:08

23 Manning - 2:36
3 Gudas - 2:24
6 Sanheim - 1:45
8 Hagg - 0:46
21 Laughton - 0:18

On ice for ES goals against:
5 - Voracek, Couturier
4 - Ghost
2 - Provorov, Patrick
1 - Sanheim, Manning, Konecny, Simmonds

Reactions: VladDrag

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Just sit back and relax. Everything you see will change over the next month. I think Fletcher watches in December, then makes moves in January - but I doubt firing Hakstol is one of them - and replace him with Gordon? No thanks. Wait until the summer.

Wilson's first game coaching up the defense, they kept shooting him with a whiteboard, coaching up the kids.
I think Wilson will decide the D rotations and roles, but he's probably going to give everyone a tryout in December, assess their strengths and weaknesses, coach and use them accordingly.

I doubt Flyers are coached not to go to the net with the puck, some of this is on players, Raffl bless his soul, lacks the puck skills to play in the top 9, same with Weise and Simmonds and Laughton. Fletcher is going to be moving out some forwards in the next couple months, outside the first line there is no chemistry, JVR needs a center to set him up, look for a move for a veteran 3C, Voracek is more valuable as trade bait than as a Flyer, he drags Patrick down and didn't fit with Laughton. This team needs forwards with speed (with and without the puck) who can and will shoot.

Stolarz is giving me hope, has to maintain this level of play, but shows real potential.

i've never once contemplated voracek being traded until last night. He was actively hurting us , and you can just see the frustration amounting on the faces of players . Changes need to be made, prudent ones.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right

He played like two shifts in the second.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad