Post-Game Talk: #26: Blue Jackets 4 at FLYERS 3 (OT), Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
The telling part is that I support changing the coach. I simply think he’s a somewhere-near-the-middle of the bell curve nhl coach & not a complete moron at the worst end of the curve.

And you get people who regularly belittle the intelligence & honesty of others misrepresenting (& supporting an obvious misrepresentation) that I bashed someone on the basis of a kid dying. Pure Insanity driven by different opinions.

personally, I think he's a bad coach because I hate our he allots ice time (its my main problem.
And I want him fired.

But if someone wants to say he "isn't a horrible coach" I have other things to worry about. Its not going to affect the future of mankind if someone doesn't despise Dave Hakstol .

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
ehh, i don't have a dog in the race, i got enough stuff going on in my life than to gang up on some poster on a message board.

But, it was a jerk move on your end that day. I'm sure a little self reflection and an apology would go a long way.

I don't necessarily think you meant to be a jerk (i dont know you well enough to speculate), but it was a jerk move. And that's ok. We are all *******s super often in our lives.

I'm going into who is right or wrong or whatevr because I really don't care and in the grand scheme of things it doesn't affect anyone's life.

But there's an environment of nastiness that takes over if someone makes a statement that doesn't villify Hakstol.

I do not like Hakstol. I'm not a fan of his in any way.

But, a few weeks ago I made a comment about TK looking shaky on a shift. It was meant to just be a momentary musing, nothing serious.

Someone responded by cursing at me. And I'm positive their ire was motivated by the fact that they interpreted my comment as defending Hakstol in some sort of way.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
ehh, i don't have a dog in the race, i got enough stuff going on in my life than to gang up on some poster on a message board.

But, it was a jerk move on your end that day. I'm sure a little self reflection and an apology would go a long way.

I don't necessarily think you meant to be a jerk (i dont know you well enough to speculate), but it was a jerk move. And that's ok. We are all *******s super often in our lives.
If you know you’re right, never let someone tell you you’re wrong.

Beef was apparently fine to give & take with me that morning. If you dish it out, take it back. And he also dished it out to me plenty of times before that morning. All my arguments to him were 100% hockey based. He tries to twist it like I’m bashing him based on the death of a kid. Disgusting. The thread is there to read.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
personally, I think he's a bad coach because I hate our he allots ice time (its my main problem.
And I want him fired.

But if someone wants to say he "isn't a horrible coach" I have other things to worry about. Its not going to affect the future of mankind if someone doesn't despise Dave Hakstol .
I said from day one that some of his personnel decisions baffled me. I said early on I didn’t care if he was fired. I’ve said for a month I’d like a coaching change. But my belief that he isn’t a “moron” & isn’t a league-worst coach means I’m a blind supporter & dunce, & when I call someone out for being wrong about the coach’s system I’m allegedly bashing him because a kid dies. It’s like an all out war on anyone who doesn’t think Hakstol is the worst coach in the NHL.

Reactions: magnumpi

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
I said from day one that some of his personnel decisions baffled me. I said early on I didn’t care if he was fired. I’ve said for a month I’d like a coaching change. But my belief that he isn’t a “moron” & isn’t a league-worst coach means I’m a blind supporter & dunce, & when I call someone out for being wrong about the coach’s system I’m allegedly bashing him because a kid dies. It’s like an all out war on anyone who doesn’t think Hakstol is the worst coach in the NHL.

I have lower opinion of Hakstol.

But, I do not like the ganging up.

I tend to side with the party getting attacked from all sides, that's always been in my nature.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I have lower opinion of Hakstol.

But, I do not like the ganging up.

I tend to side with the party getting attacked from all sides, that's always been in my nature.

I found that when I was a kid I tended toward extremes. As I got older & got life experience, I thought everything is in many shades of gray. I don’t practice law, but I passed the bar. I’m not a contrarian, in that I always take the least popular side just for the sake of argument. I’m just willing to express my own opinion independent of popularity.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
200w.gif

giphy.gif

200w.gif

200w.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I really dont understand why there has to be nastiness because someone may have a different view of the head coach.

ARe we discussing the fate of the world?
I'm just going to say this once because it's been covered many times and I don't feel like going back-and-forth about it.

The problem is not, and has never been, people having a different opinion about Hakstol.

The problem is the specific dishonest way these few people decide to go about defending him and his actions.

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
It's not hate it's time for change. G should want out of this cest pool to go win. V us gone and so is summonds. Team is ****in slow the main players to which isn't good. The role players do nothing. Reaves has more goals then all the role players combined I bet. Entertainment level isn't good in the home building and **** is changing.

If I see Giroux in any jersey but the Flyers/Team Canada I will ugly cry

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
personally I have been thinking for quite awhile now that the confidence on this team is very fragile. when something bad happens it usually snowballs. if confidence is low than its hard to play with emotion. Much of that is on the coaching staff. But the team needs to show something to break that cycle on the ice.. They had the good effort in Pittsburgh. But really didnt build off it. the team has 2 wins in the last 9. Then you add into it the uncertainty of the changes up stairs and wondering am I next?
Because this team sure could use a spark. I really dont think a coaching change would be enough IMO

sometimes, players just dont buy into the coach anyone, i mean it's amazing how joel q lasted 13 years on the chicago blackhawks, his success had alot to do with them buying in. with hak, he's just not a good enough coach for players to buy in, they need new blood and changes around the roster.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If you know you’re right, never let someone tell you you’re wrong.

Beef was apparently fine to give & take with me that morning. If you dish it out, take it back. And he also dished it out to me plenty of times before that morning. All my arguments to him were 100% hockey based. He tries to twist it like I’m bashing him based on the death of a kid. Disgusting. The thread is there to read.

You think that using a death as a means to insult someone is equivalent to normal debate?

What the f*** is wrong with you?

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
You think that using a death as a means to insult someone is equivalent to normal debate?

What the **** is wrong with you?

I'm not debating this heinous lie you've concocted any further. It's absolute lunacy, deserves zero credence, and I will not dignify your deranged personal attack with any more responses.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm not debating this heinous lie you've concocted any further. It's absolute lunacy, deserves zero credence, and I will not dignify your deranged personal attack with any more responses.

It isn't a lie that when you found out I was dealing with a death, your reaction was to use it as a springboard to insult me. Multiple people here saw it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad