Post-Game Talk: #25 - 11/30/19 | RANGERS @ devils

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Hischier, Subban, Hall, Gusev, Hughes. How do you excuse their offensive underproduction? It’s mind boggling.

I thought the same thing. But Subban got very limited time on the PP. I know he has struggled all season, but getting that little PP time cant do much to instill confidence in him that he can turn it around.

Hughes was out of the line up, but I didnt notice anyone else out. It is inexcusable. Was watching the game with my brother and father and all of us were blown away at how bad their PP was. I mean, ours was bad against the Bruins, but this was just crazy. I could only imagine the frustration Devils fans were under in that game.

Reactions: CasusBelli

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Kreider's hit was a penalty unfortunately because the Devil dope turned. However, it should have been two minutes. The officials were awful. They pretty much saw one team out there. Devils got away with 3 or 4 blatent trips and hooks. What was obvious was the Rangers absurd amount of more talent than NJ. The Devils defenseman are awful and their forwards other than 2 or 3 players are 3rd and 4th liners.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
NHL shutout for non-NHL goaltender Georgiev
Not sure in which case ypu are referring to, but when I trolled the pgt on Canadiens site, they were trashing the Canadiens and threw in comments like;
1) blowing a 4 goal lead to a team is one thing
2) at home to boot,
3) that played last night
4) vs an AHL goaltender!

Now, the 1st 3 comments were very true indeed, but when "they" added that last one........I literally lost my shit!

In all fairness one replied with; "he is a good back up".

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
Not sure in which case ypu are referring to, but when I trolled the pgt on Canadiens site, they were trashing the Canadiens and threw in comments like;
1) blowing a 4 goal lead to a team is one thing
2) at home to boot,
3) that played last night
4) vs an AHL goaltender!

Now, the 1st 3 comments were very true indeed, but when "they" added that last one........I literally lost my ****!

In all fairness one replied with; "he is a good back up".

If 2014 taught us anything it's that Habs fans are delusional

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
First time I haven't voted Panerin that I can remember.
At least you spelled his name right? Took YEARS for some to finally spell Marc Staal right. How about just calling him the breadman?
He literally carried this team on his shoulders for 13 games, now that Zbad is back, he can "kick" back and have a few for all i care.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I mean this is what we were supposed to be this year. I’m glad we’re a bubble team and not a basement dweller like the Devils
I mean, they ARE going to need a top 5, to replace Hall. My gut tells me he will bolt on the 1st train out of New Jersey and land on the Island.......wherever they are gonna play.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
We also have to remember, while we came out on top on the PK, lets not take that many penalties again. Lol. A capable PP team would have demolished us.
The Rangers were thinking as long as they're going to give us shorthanded goals we will keep taking the penalties, no declining. haha!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
That was some of the worst hockey I've seen all season from the Devils. They had 20+ min of PP time and were only able to generate a couple of quality shots out of it. Their PP is completely inept. They should be ashamed skating off the ice.
Think Brodeur will request Enterprise to NOT play his commercials during Devils games as he doesnt wanna be associated with these knuckleheads. So bad, that they would make the Devil himself.......blush. Oh wait, how could we tell?

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
What a win!! Just came home from the game - hopefully our Lets Go Ranger chants were loud on TV!

Also some upper deck Ranger fans started a "Tay-lor's Leav-ing" chant that caught on pretty well - I was loling so much.

LGR!!
Nice, that's awesome! Loud LGR chants, yes. Wish I coukd have heard the Taylor thing. I already posted that with my gut check. He will fly, i mean take the train to the Island, or a boat.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
solid win. shutouts are rare so good on the entire team. team win.

PK was special

the devils are atrocious. i expect the coach to be let go. that was awful

if im jack hughes, im killing myself thinking i could have been playing on a pp with mika and bread and fox and deangelo but instead hes stuck in jersey.

meanwhile kappo kakko loves life.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
People are always like "why doesn't Kreider throw his weight around?"

This is why. He gets thrown out of games for being Chris Kreider.
Yuppers. The league castrated this poor man years ago. I wish he had the fire that Duby had, when he threw a tantrum going in the runway. Remember that kool aid head? Guess he figures he is a goner, so why bother, it will just cost him a gazillion dollars in fines. #NHL&CanadienshatespoorKreids

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
if im jack hughes, im killing myself thinking i could have been playing on a pp with mika and bread and fox and deangelo but instead hes stuck in jersey.

Why would he kill himself? He has beautiful landfill and the swamps to view anytime he wants? Oh, and lets not forget there is no way he will ever get LOST driving in Jersey. So, there is that.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
solid win. shutouts are rare so good on the entire team. team win.

PK was special

the devils are atrocious. i expect the coach to be let go. that was awful

Debbies shouldn't be THIS bad but they are. I said this the other day on our Out Of Town thread but it deserves repeating but not sure if Lindsay Vonn is "sapping" his energy but PK Subban looks just about as DONE as a formely stud Dman can possibly look.

He actually used to be kind of fast and quick...no more. It's as if he's skating in mud. It's actually kind of sad to see seeing I am admittedly a fan of his since he was with Montreal and he was my wifes favorite player...oh well.

Funny when I think about it, there are really just a few players on their team I'd want with Blake Coleman at the top of my personal list. He'd be a perfect fit for this team of ours.

Not sure Gorton can pull it off but I wouldn't be adverse, as much as I love and respect him, to a Georgie for Coleman swap.

Talk about a win/win for both teams. Let's get it done!!...:naughty:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
People are always like "why doesn't Kreider throw his weight around?"

This is why. He gets thrown out of games for being Chris Kreider.
Yep. That being a 5 minute major and staying a major after a review is a joke. But it's because he's a freak and super strong and it makes all his hits look more violent and worse than they would for another player. He's like the Lennie from 'Of Mice and Men' of the NHL. Freakishly strong and incapable of really controlling it.

Still think that call was absolutely BS considering Tennyson turned after seeing Kreider. A penalty because it was a hard hit? Okay, fine. But a major? Give me a break.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Yep. That being a 5 minute major and staying a major after a review is a joke. But it's because he's a freak and super strong and it makes all his hits look more violent and worse than they would for another player. He's like the Lennie from 'Of Mice and Men' of the NHL. Freakishly strong and incapable of really controlling it.

Still think that call was absolutely BS considering Tennyson turned after seeing Kreider. A penalty because it was a hard hit? Okay, fine. But a major? Give me a break.

Nice analogy. Steinbeck. The Master

Reactions: Glen Sathers Cigar

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Debbies shouldn't be THIS bad but they are. I said this the other day on our Out Of Town thread but it deserves repeating but not sure if Lindsay Vonn is "sapping" his energy but PK Subban looks just about as DONE as a formely stud Dman can possibly look.

He actually used to be kind of fast and quick...no more. It's as if he's skating in mud. It's actually kind of sad to see seeing I am admittedly a fan of his since he was with Montreal and he was my wifes favorite player...oh well.

Funny when I think about it, there are really just a few players on their team I'd want with Blake Coleman at the top of my personal list. He'd be a perfect fit for this team of ours.

Not sure Gorton can pull it off but I wouldn't be adverse, as much as I love and respect him, to a Georgie for Coleman swap.

Talk about a win/win for both teams. Let's get it done!!...:naughty:
Lindsey Vonn can sap my energy any day. ;)

giphy.gif

Reactions: NYROrtsFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad