3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’ve said it since the summer if we finish in the bottom 5 it’s a massive failure because it would mean that the kids didn’t take big steps forward and or Trouba Panarin Mika didn’t play like stars.

but they SHOULD be battling for a wildcard spot. Doesn’t means They’ll get in but finishing on the cusp will be a big step in the right direction.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Our guys were idiots for sure. High sticks and trips are pretty cut and dry.

My issue is that the hooks and trips weren't called evenly on both sides. Devils got away with a lot.
The devils were basically tackling the whole game. A saw a few trips and after whistle stuff not get called. But I guess what can you do when you’d probably have a close game with a AHL team?

Reactions: Wicked Backhand

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I’ve said it since the summer if we finish in the bottom 5 it’s a massive failure because it would mean that the kids didn’t take big steps forward and or Trouba Panarin Mika didn’t play like stars.

but they SHOULD be battling for a wildcard spot. Doesn’t means They’ll get in but finishing on the cusp will be a big step in the right direction.

But what if they didn't finish bottom 5, but the lottery ping pong balls put them in the bottom 5? :sarcasm:

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

first the biggest key IMO is that we are competing because the kids stepped forward. and not cause we've been riding the veterans...I think we've seen that so far and hope it continues even more in the 2nd half...

that said depending on how the western conference plays out, there isn't a very big gap between fighting for a wild card and still entering the lottery in the top 10.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I think Hajek has looked good in some games and lousy in others. Rookie season and we put way too much on him early here playing on the top pairing. My guess is when Staal gets back they’ll give him the night off here and there and play Staal. I don’t think he’s going to the A.

Yeah, for me it’s no big at all regarding the future. I remember McDs rookie season 10/11. He also had to scramble like this quiet often. Was a year older (IIRC).

But normally it’s good to get a breather in these situations.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Anyone else think Hajek needs some time in the A? He’s shown flashes but his decision making is too slow and hasn’t had too many good games as of late. I think he can use some time and gain some confidence
I agree he’s not looking great lately. But I don’t think he needs more playing time in the A. I think a few games in the press box to get a different view and some rest, mental and physical, would suffice.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Vinny

Aug 10, 2011
London
I was around for the 94 team. And while that team was amazing and a huge badge for a kid in uni in Montreal at the time, this current team has the makings of something unique as a Ranger fan. A truly homemade world beater. I’m already proud of this team and it’s only looking up. (No jinx).

Cool, I was watching the games in the late night also in the Netherlands, still have the VHS videotape of the game I taped to watch back somewhere, same as newspapers stickers, Messier jersey and the famous cap completely new. My sister bought it for me, she was living in New York. Was a hell of a team.

was the best year to own NHL game and beat everybody with the Rangers. :)

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
first the biggest key IMO is that we are competing because the kids stepped forward. and not cause we've been riding the veterans...

I think we’d be splitting hairs if we wanted to split contributions of vets vs prospects.

Last season we didn’t have anyone nearly close to Panarin and Trouba. Add other vets contributors like Strome and Buchnevich (with continued success from Zibanejad) and it’s far and beyond greater than what Hayes and Zuke used to bring. This is all before we talk rookies and other prospects.

Reactions: belford22

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Yeah, the math re the pts isn’t impossible. OTOH, if we look at the teams in the east, we get 16 to start with but only have 4 that are way out of things.

Washington, Bos and NYI seem to be locks.

Toronto and Carolina should get in.

That is 5, only 3 spots left.

I am sure AV will get a lot of pts in Philly, roster wise I think they are one of the weaker options. But they have only lost 7 of 27 in regulation, AV won’t risk anything and will steer that ships to pts in the standings.

Florida and Pittsburg are the other teams in at the moment. Then you have us, Buffalo, MTL and Tampa. It’s not easy to be top 3 of a group of PHI, FLA, Pitt, MTL, Buffalo, Tampa and us.
Looking at it this way, which is a fairly reasonable take, we are a longshot at best to make the playoffs.

But I always believed, a team makes their own destiny, in making the playoffs. So it will come down to whether or not we can play like a top team in the league. And we have been showing signs. We just need to be more consistent with it. The way I see it,... either we are inconsistent playing .500 ball, cause at this point, I don't see a total breakdown with many losing streaks,,... or,... we continue to grow/improve as a team, becoming more consistent and putting us in the hunt. Those are my two likely scenarios, a 500 team or a top caliber team. That's my take.

Last edited:
Reactions: belford22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad