Post-Game Talk: #25 - 11/30/19 | RANGERS @ devils

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Now THAT is a ****ty powerplay. Rangers tried to hand this game to the Devil, and they refused to take it. Penalties aside, we played our asses off.
  • Fox continues to amaze. I'm just flabbergasted by how good this guy is 20 games into his NHL career. I'm going on a limb and saying I haven't seen any Rangers defenseman who is as good with the puck other than Leetch and Zubov (I'm too young for James Patrick, Greschner, Park, or anyone before). ADA at his best is possibly even more skilled with the puck than Fox...having both these guys playing top hockey is mouth-watering.
  • Glad Sam & Joe did a short segment on Lindgren. This guy is one of the unsung heroes of the season.
  • We should be really proud of how well we did as a team with Zib out for so long. Now that he's back, it's so apparent how important he is to our team. Our PK is automatically much better. Our PP (will be) much better. Everyone else gets slotted one line lower and has less responsibility and more favorable matchups. This guy is a ****ing star.
  • Panarin couldn't even get a point today. What bust. Let's dump this clown at the deadline.
  • Brendan Lemieux has been fantastic the last month or so. I love his grit & his energy, but the most important thing is he brings those elements while also being very solid with the puck and in the offensive zone.
  • I was extremely critical of Brady Skjei for most of the season, and it's only fair that I give him his due when he plays well. Ever since pairing back up with Trouba, he's elevated his game.
Couldn't agree more with all these points. Especially the point of how our PK just got much better with Zibad back. Although all the points are extremely promising and well made.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I love that Lemieux will shoot the puck every chance he gets. With so many pass first playmakers on this team, he is a breath of fresh air. He takes lose pucks and in one motion, turns and shoots. I love it. He is more valuable to this team than we ever imagined. He plays in all situations, PP, PK, and even strength. Has more battle scares than anyone on this team. And there is not one Rangers fan here, who would have thought he would lead the league in penalty minutes. And when he is not shooting, he is setting up spectacular assists to Zibad shorthanded and Kakko on the breakaway. He has been mighty impressive in his limited 14 minute average on the ice.
I agree and also dig that he’s not a cheap shot artist. He’s an honest tough guy. Love him.

Reactions: ohbaby and bl02

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
The terrible ice is probably why we didn't get exploited on all those PP.
The Garden ice has got to be one of the worst in the league. Players fall to the ice regularly for no apparent reason. It's no wonder there were so many penalties. You can't control your stick when you slip on the ice. So there are more tripping and high sticking penalties.

Edit:.. My bad, they played in NJ. LOL! Still the Garden ice is just as bad if not worse.

Last edited:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Couldn’t believe that stood. Or that Simmonds somehow stayed out of the box there. Thankfully didn’t matter.
How about PK trying to get Brady Skjei of all people to "fight" him. I put fight in quotes because we all know PK had no intention of actually fighting and was just being a fake tough guy, even Sam said that on the broadcast which is hilarious.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I agree completely. Have never seen that in over 2 decades of watching Ranger hockey. And this rebuild has been amazing. Projecting is always a foolish thing, but we have a lot of pieces in place. Hopefully Gorts/Davidson continue to draft well and make great decisions. The future looks bright(and even the present is fun, if chaotic).

This is THE first rebuild in Rangers history.

Reactions: Leetch3

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The Garden ice has got to be one of the worst in the league. Players fall to the ice regularly for no apparent reason. It's no wonder there were so many penalties. You can't control your stick when you slip on the ice. So there are more tripping and high sticking penalties.

Edit:.. My bad, they played in NJ. LOL! Still the Garden ice is just as bad if not worse.

I think the Garden Ice was actually bad before MSG moved between 7th and 8th, then all these theories such as being raised off the subway became an excuse to explain why teams like Montreal in the 70s and the Islanders/Oilers in the 80s and Penguins in the early 90s could skate our dicks off.

For example, after the renovation there has been no circus before the playoffs, they completely changed the coolant system and flooring, the vast majority of the old trains have been retired to the new eco friendly cramped ones, and the ice is now resurfaced by the digital "fast ice systems" machines instead of the old hot mop Zambonis, and the Garden Ice "still sucks" when the team plays like shit or can't score [i.e. Rick Nash Norris performance in 2014]

The Devils completely suck. Better teams, such as the Rangers, played fine in there. It wasn't the ice.

Reactions: egelband and ohbaby

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
The Devils completely suck. Better teams, such as the Rangers, played fine in there. It wasn't the ice
I wasn't saying the ice had anything to do with winning or losing. After all, … they all play on the same surface. No,.. I was saying the ice is a contributing factor in the amount of penalties taken and also adds to sloppy play.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Man PK Subban is absolutely brutal. Hard to imagine just a few years ago he was a dominant player.

PK Came up big today. Short handed goals were great. Good day for Mika.

Fox-Lindgren is the best D pair we have. Another great game for them.

Nice for Georgie getting the shut out, pretty sleepy game for him the first half but the second half he was solid.

DQ has to put Kakko on PP1. He has to. The current configuration makes no sense. Drop Strome down.

Man the Devils. Over the summer people were so high on them and I didn’t get it. I guesss they thought Gusev would be better, Hall would be MVP level again and PK would be Montreal PK. Idk but they absolutely suck.

It wasn’t pretty. I didn’t pay that much attention to him and don’t really have an opinion on how much exactly is on him and how much is on the team as a whole, but the the speed the pendulum swings over for these guys is scary fast.

Reactions: egelband

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Now THAT is a ****ty powerplay. Rangers tried to hand this game to the Devil, and they refused to take it. Penalties aside, we played our asses off.
  • Fox continues to amaze. I'm just flabbergasted by how good this guy is 20 games into his NHL career. I'm going on a limb and saying I haven't seen any Rangers defenseman who is as good with the puck other than Leetch and Zubov (I'm too young for James Patrick, Greschner, Park, or anyone before). ADA at his best is possibly even more skilled with the puck than Fox...having both these guys playing top hockey is mouth-watering.
  • Glad Sam & Joe did a short segment on Lindgren. This guy is one of the unsung heroes of the season.
  • We should be really proud of how well we did as a team with Zib out for so long. Now that he's back, it's so apparent how important he is to our team. Our PK is automatically much better. Our PP (will be) much better. Everyone else gets slotted one line lower and has less responsibility and more favorable matchups. This guy is a ****ing star.
  • Panarin couldn't even get a point today. What bust. Let's dump this clown at the deadline.
  • Brendan Lemieux has been fantastic the last month or so. I love his grit & his energy, but the most important thing is he brings those elements while also being very solid with the puck and in the offensive zone.
  • I was extremely critical of Brady Skjei for most of the season, and it's only fair that I give him his due when he plays well. Ever since pairing back up with Trouba, he's elevated his game.

Great post!!

Reactions: belford22

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
People are saying 96 points is the magic number this year. I think we are on pace right now for 95?

Yeah, the math re the pts isn’t impossible. OTOH, if we look at the teams in the east, we get 16 to start with but only have 4 that are way out of things.

Washington, Bos and NYI seem to be locks.

Toronto and Carolina should get in.

That is 5, only 3 spots left.

I am sure AV will get a lot of pts in Philly, roster wise I think they are one of the weaker options. But they have only lost 7 of 27 in regulation, AV won’t risk anything and will steer that ships to pts in the standings.

Florida and Pittsburg are the other teams in at the moment. Then you have us, Buffalo, MTL and Tampa. It’s not easy to be top 3 of a group of PHI, FLA, Pitt, MTL, Buffalo, Tampa and us.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Yeah, the math re the pts isn’t impossible. OTOH, if we look at the teams in the east, we get 16 to start with but only have 4 that are way out of things.

Washington, Bos and NYI seem to be locks.

Toronto and Carolina should get in.

That is 5, only 3 spots left.

I am sure AV will get a lot of pts in Philly, roster wise I think they are one of the weaker options. But they have only lost 7 of 27 in regulation, AV won’t risk anything and will steer that ships to pts in the standings.

Florida and Pittsburg are the other teams in at the moment. Then you have us, Buffalo, MTL and Tampa. It’s not easy to be top 3 of a group of PHI, FLA, Pitt, MTL, Buffalo, Tampa and us.

Injuries will probably really determine those last three spots since it's such a cluster f***.

Reactions: Ola

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
I didn't get to see the whole game as I said, were those penalties good calls or were some of them BS nonsense questionable calls? Did it seem like the refs were trying to help the Devils or did we deserve those penalties?

The calls against the rangers were legit however kreider deserved 2 mins instead of 5 min major. The devils deserved a penalty after that play but it probably would have been evened up with matching roughing penalties to go along with kreiders board.

Devils didnt get called for hooking panarin at the end of the game but the game was over

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I personally didn't think we were jobbed. I thought we were being stupid at times and at times careless with the sticks and bloodying up Devils

. It was just uncanny that it seemed to occur alot more than usual which is why we were shorthanded for most of the game seemingly which was fine apparently seeing we played our best hockey as has been stated while 4 on 5...go figure.
The calls against the Rangers weren’t conjured, you’re absolutely right. But the officials also let a lot go on the other end - in my opinion - to keep the Devils in it.

Reactions: leetch99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad