Post-Game Talk: #25 - 11/30/19 | RANGERS @ devils

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Why did they played in home jerseys in NJ ? Laundry problems or something special?

I don’t know, but the equipment guys really loves to booz so it wouldn’t surprise me if it was a mistake on their part. I once had to play an away game with the home team’s away jerseys. The equipment guy had been up drinking all night so he wouldn’t miss the early buss. We had no jerseys with us when we started to dress up. He was carried into the locker room and slept through the pre game pep talks and music and first intermission. Then he woke up during the 2nd period (bet the game was a 2PM start) and wondered why the heck we weren’t wearing our own jerseys. Apparently he had not forgot about them but put them in the engine room so that they would dry better since they were still a little wet after being washed. It was totally impossible to understand for him that anyone would have thought that HE would have forgotten then.

Oh well.

Last edited:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The calls against the Rangers weren’t conjured, you’re absolutely right. But the officials also let a lot go on the other end - in my opinion - to keep the Devils in it.

See what you guys don't get is when the officials "get it wrong" from a die hard perspective , they are doing it "right" from a board of governors perspective.

Reactions: Ola

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I thought the Kreider call was 100% BS. That D skated straight along the boards and then turned just before Kreider hit him. They have let so many hits like that go, for a good reason IMO.
That was a legit case of one guy simply catching another guy just right leverage-wise. I won’t even go to “bigger and stronger”. Krieder just had him at the perfect angle to launch his butt. I bet the Devils player would have said the same. It wasn’t dirty at all. Bad call. Full stop. Maybe two minutes. But they gave five to make the home crowd happy. Puck don’t lie though. Rangers scored right after, short handed, didn’t they?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I don’t know, but the equipment guys really loves to booz so it wouldn’t surprise me if it was a mistake on their part. I once had to play an away game with the home team’s away jerseys. The equipment guy had been up drinking all night so he wouldn’t miss the early buss. We had no jerseys with us when we started to dress up. He was carried into the locker room and slept through the pre game pep talks and music and first intermission. Then he woke up during the 2nd period (bet the game was a 2PM start) and wondered why the heck we weren’t wearing our own jerseys. Apparently he had not forgot about them but put them in the engine room so that they would dry better since they were still a little wet after being washed. It was totally impossible to understand for him that anyone would have thought that HE would have forgotten then.

Oh well.
I believe it was throwbacks. Those Devil unis - which are choice - were from when the home team wore whites. I may be wrong but that’s my guess. That *was* the home uni in 95 or whatever. Maybe I’m giving them more credit. But either way, both teams looked sharp.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
1st: the Debbies 24 page GDT
2nd: this New York Rangers team
3rd: somany blueshirts in the stands taking over.

this team is going to be something special.
I was around for the 94 team. And while that team was amazing and a huge badge for a kid in uni in Montreal at the time, this current team has the makings of something unique as a Ranger fan. A truly homemade world beater. I’m already proud of this team and it’s only looking up. (No jinx).

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Kreider’ feet left the ice which I thought was the reason for the penalty, not the hit to the back.
I’m pretty sure his feet were on the ice. After contact, when the Devils player crumpled under him, Krieder’s feet might have gone up off the ice a bit. But it wasn’t a launch. The refs were just taking the chance to get the score evened-up. In my humble opinion.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Poor luck on the hit but it was after that he really failed IMO....he should have pummeled somebody when he had the chance . That really sends a message . However we all know he is not much of a scrapper . A year in Canada Major Junior would have made him such a more well rounded pro . He would have been groomed in that part of the game and it would have made him more dynamic and feared . I know many see it differently....anyways...that is how I see it .

Reactions: NYRangers16

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
Anyone else think Hajek needs some time in the A? He’s shown flashes but his decision making is too slow and hasn’t had too many good games as of late. I think he can use some time and gain some confidence

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think Hajek has looked good in some games and lousy in others. Rookie season and we put way too much on him early here playing on the top pairing. My guess is when Staal gets back they’ll give him the night off here and there and play Staal. I don’t think he’s going to the A.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Funny when I think about it, there are really just a few players on their team I'd want with Blake Coleman at the top of my personal list. He'd be a perfect fit for this team of ours.

Not sure Gorton can pull it off but I wouldn't be adverse, as much as I love and respect him, to a Georgie for Coleman swap.

Talk about a win/win for both teams. Let's get it done!!...
:naughty:
Understand your sentiment for Coleman, but there is just NO WAY the Rangers part with Georgie. Especially to the Devils or any other team they would have to face within division.
Counting on Shesty is premature, until Hank retires nothing will happen there........give time, time. When Hank retires.........the goaltending picture should have become clearer pretty much simultaneously.

Reactions: NYRangers16

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Trouba since the MTL game has been an absolute force. This guy is only 25 years old. He’s still maturing into what he can be. Was carrying a rookie on the top pair for two months. New team he’s settling in. What a player. Anyone bashing this guy I mean get your head out of your ass already lol

Last edited:

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
Seeing David Quinn praise Lindy Ruff on his job with the penalty kill makes me think that he's not going anywhere as long as Quinn is still the head coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad