• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
They didn't shoot on the 4v4 either.
that's a personnel issue; that's a grievance in the macro sense of things.

We were moving at the least on the 4on4. If they moved like that with a man-advantage, our PP would be more dynamic

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
We took way too many penalties. Yesterday though we had tons of power play time and not being able to even pressure the Bruins defense cost us the game--though we were competitive enough in it to at least get a road point against an elite team. Today was kind of the reverse except the Devils power play gave up two easy shorthanded goals. They looked terrible after the first few minutes of the game.

Taylor Hall NHL MVP two seasons ago and he's not looking the same.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
As I said on the Game Day thread...I think we were all in bizarro world there for at least 2 hours of the 3...lol

I mean in all my years playing, watching and observing hockey, I cannot recall any team, let alone a Ranger team completely dominate a team while shorthanded for what seemed to be 75% of the game.

Yes I'm likely embellishing but f*** it...it was absolutely nuts. I dont have the exact stats but Rangers had to be shorthanded for 20 minutes of that game. And yet they dominated the play.

And to top it off was that 4 on 4 sequence where not even once did the Rangers give up the puck as they rag dolled the Debbies into submission as it had to be humiliating for the entire Jersey team.

I try not to get to high over wins like today or to low about losses like yesterday in Boston but I gotta say this. This Ranger team is so much damn fun, enjoyable and exciting to watch win or lose. And what's laugh out loud funny is that we aren't even that good yet....lol

Pity the rest of the NHL once we do become good and these "children" of ours actually get some experience and learn the nuances of truly playing in the NHL, there's going to be alot of teams who will want nothing to do with us.

Heck I'll bet already this Ranger team is starting to get a reputation around the league that we are far from an easy mark and you better have your A game.

Once again I'll say this...I feel like I say this quite a bit but f*** it. Can a rebuild go any better than the one Gorton has orchestrated? If so, I haven't seen or heard about it.

Good times here in Rangerland...really good times so long as we all remain patient and let the process evolve as it has been!!

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
The terrible ice is probably why we didn't get exploited on all those PP.

Reactions: ohbaby

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
The Devils can get 5 more top10 picks and they will still suck! Going to enjoy watching the Rangers destroy them for the next 10 years.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
The Devils can get 5 more top10 picks and they will still suck! Going to enjoy watching the Rangers destroy them for the next 10 years.

Honestly, a team with the Devils roster should be nowhere near as bad as they are. If that game wasn't enough to get half the coaching staff fired it will take a 10-0 loss or something like that to do so.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Taylor Hall, Hall of Fame cooler....

RNH, Yakupov, Draisatl, McDavid, Poolparty, Hischier, Hughes... looks like a strong chance for Lafenierre or Byfield this year... I guess that depends who signs him or where he lands

Reactions: NYRangers16

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Lots of stars to go around today.

Georgiev is an obvious one. Always in position. Great rebound control.
Trouba was beastly. I wish we would see that consistently.
Fox might be the best passing D the Rangers have had is a long, long time. He might never be a "very good" defender, but neither was Leetch.
Kakko was a man out there. Can't wait to see how good he can be.
Zibby was a bit invisible for the first half of the game, then really picked it up. Dominant PK.
What is going to happen when Staal is healthy? How can Quinn take Lindgren out of the lineup? Hajek? He's still better than Staal.
Maybe the best moment of the game...Trouba blasting Wood and Wood skates to the bench with his tail between his legs.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I think of myself as a generally pretty good guy, but when I think about how much enjoyment I get out of watching post game interviews of sad Devils players after we put a whoopin on them, I realize there is a dark, evil part of my soul that feeds off the misery of my enemies. These were delicious, BTW.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I think of myself as a generally pretty good guy, but when I think about how much enjoyment I get out of watching post game interviews of sad Devils players after we put a whoopin on them, I realize there is a dark, evil part of my soul that feeds off the misery of my enemies. These were delicious, BTW.
Their salty tears are so sweet

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
As I said on the Game Day thread...I think we were all in bizarro world there for at least 2 hours of the 3...lol

I mean in all my years playing, watching and observing hockey, I cannot recall any team, let alone a Ranger team completely dominate a team while shorthanded for what seemed to be 75% of the game.

Yes I'm likely embellishing but **** it...it was absolutely nuts. I dont have the exact stats but Rangers had to be shorthanded for 20 minutes of that game. And yet they dominated the play.

And to top it off was that 4 on 4 sequence where not even once did the Rangers give up the puck as they rag dolled the Debbies into submission as it had to be humiliating for the entire Jersey team.

I try not to get to high over wins like today or to low about losses like yesterday in Boston but I gotta say this. This Ranger team is so much damn fun, enjoyable and exciting to watch win or lose. And what's laugh out loud funny is that we aren't even that good yet....lol

Pity the rest of the NHL once we do become good and these "children" of ours actually get some experience and learn the nuances of truly playing in the NHL, there's going to be alot of teams who will want nothing to do with us.

Heck I'll bet already this Ranger team is starting to get a reputation around the league that we are far from an easy mark and you better have your A game.

Once again I'll say this...I feel like I say this quite a bit but **** it. Can a rebuild go any better than the one Gorton has orchestrated? If so, I haven't seen or heard about it.

Good times here in Rangerland...really good times so long as we all remain patient and let the process evolve as it has been!!
I agree completely. Have never seen that in over 2 decades of watching Ranger hockey. And this rebuild has been amazing. Projecting is always a foolish thing, but we have a lot of pieces in place. Hopefully Gorts/Davidson continue to draft well and make great decisions. The future looks bright(and even the present is fun, if chaotic).

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
If he doesn't pan out, I think we are still in pretty good shape.

If he does pan out, this team is going to be special offensively.
Yea I think this core will still be good for a while. Adding him at even 80% of his potential makes us such a juggernaut offensively. We would have two lethal PP units. It would be ridiculously hard for opponents to match up D pairings agains our lines.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I was at the game today behind the Debs net for the 1st and 3rd. We just dominated, the Devils were a mess. Couldn’t hit the net, horrible passing. Just terrible. Vatanen should have had an assist on that Zbad goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad