OT: 23'-24' Toronto Maple Leafs Overreaction Thread

Aloysius

Oct 9, 2021

Honest question since I lose interest when the Leafs are eliminated. What is the protocol? Will Bett give the cup to Tre, replacement Keefe, or Captain in June? Actually not an honest question. Just an intro to my sly overreaction to beating a mediocre Bolts team.

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
The bolded is utterly laughable.

Laughable? If Mathews is legit generational talent center, Tavares is first line center and Rielly number one dman... Where are the results? It took Syd+Malkin+Letang combo 3 years to win it all.

After every playoff loss people here get a reality check and act reasonably until new season and new delusion start.

Reactions: JKG33

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
One of my feet is bigger than the other.

Whom do I sue?
Better off than this guy!!

98a56c171daabf37d2158c8382712725.jpg

Last edited:

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Laughable? If Mathews is legit generational talent center, Tavares is first line center and Rielly number one dman... Where are the results? It took Syd+Malkin+Letang combo 3 years to win it all.

After every playoff loss people here get a reality check and act reasonably until new season and new delusion start.

Yes your comment I replied to was laughable. What you just wrote has exactly nothing to do with your previous statement

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
Yes your comment I replied to was laughable. What you just wrote has exactly nothing to do with your previous statement
You reacted to this part:
"A lot of players are dependant. Mathews, Bertuzzi and Tavares need other people to take the puck from opposition and pass it to them".

And my answer was correct.

As for your opinion of Hyman... He is a point per game producer. Regular and postseason both. And the fact that he didn't produce at this rate on Leafs first line tells a lot about Mathews and co. Lazy Leaf stars can win board battles from time to time. But they never will do it on a regular basis.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
"A lot of players are dependant. Mathews, Bertuzzi and Tavares need other people to take the puck from opposition and pass it to them".

As for your opinion of Hyman... He is a point per game producer. Regular and postseason both. And the fact that he didn't produce at this rate on Leafs first line tells a lot about Mathews and co. Lazy Leaf stars can win board battles from time to time. But they never will do it on a regular basis.

I responded to that comment in regards to Matthews alone, stating it’s laughable to call him dependent, which I stand by fully.

You then replied with a diatribe about if Matthews is generational center, and jt this and Rielly that then where are the results which has exactly nothing to do with what either you or I had said previously in the discussion.

It is a massive leap between me actually saying Matthews is not dependent to you acting like I think he’s “legit generational” and talking about delusion.

The off-season is months of non stop hot takes and negativity. You only regard it as “acting reasonably” because it aligns with your own negative viewpoint. Thing is your opinions are not facts and tossing around statements like “Matthews is dependent” actually illustrates quite well how little regard someone should hold for those opinions.

Last edited:

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Even if the Leafs lose tonight I am still not going to overreact. There will be plenty of shifts in the standings by American Thanksgiving.

Reactions: wingman75

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019

Hyman has been a PPG player once and it was because he put up 26 points on the leagues best PP.

It's not like McDavid and Draisaitl are in the corners freeing up pucks for him.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Marchand should be suspended for 42 games for a principal point of contact Liljegren slippery goon-like super duster can opener!!!!!!!!!

Fire Bettman!!!

Reactions: Al14

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
This says it all

1699019500397.png

Dummy Captain doesn't give one absolute shit
1699019605298.png

Here's that gritty free agent signing really caring about his teammate
1699019654172.png

Reactions: ToneDog

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Feschuk with the line of this morning. Did the Leafs get more snot, or more crap.

Aloysius

Oct 9, 2021
Marchand should be suspended for 42 games for a principal point of contact Liljegren slippery goon-like super duster can opener!!!!!!!!!

Fire Bettman!!!
The one-ice officials did not see it, the DOPS did not see it, and the players did not see it. I plainly see the Earth is flat. No eggheads can convince me otherwise

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
Hyman has been a PPG player once and it was because he put up 26 points on the leagues best PP.

It's not like McDavid and Draisaitl are in the corners freeing up pucks for him.

Hyman with 9 points in 9 games this season. Point per game again.

He can do it with McDavid and Draisaitl but not with AM and MM. And that was exactly my point.

You need people to take puck from opposition and give it to your stars. And Hyman is very good at it. Leafs lack players like him. All they have is lazy overpaid 'stars'.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Bump, I think this thread still belongs on the first page. I mean everyone Tre picked up in the summer sucked as of a week ago or so, Marner also. Now many of them are much loved and the Marner lollipop appreciation thread has come alive again after several weeks of crickets. Matthews followed up 2 hatties in the first 2 games by going silent for an extended period of time, now he's rockin again, from hero to overpaid bum to hero in less than a month.

We're tied for 14th overall with a goal differential of 0, that's about as mediocre as it gets. Some are convinced we're missing the playoffs while others say we're on track to win the Presidents trophy, Matthews could hit 50 in 50 and the only question is, will 120 points for Marner be enough for the Art Ross?

Carry on.

Reactions: arso40

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Bump, I think this thread still belongs on the first page. I mean everyone Tre picked up in the summer sucked as of a week ago or so, Marner also. Now many of them are much loved and the Marner lollipop appreciation thread has come alive again after several weeks of crickets. Matthews followed up 2 hatties in the first 2 games by going silent for an extended period of time, now he's rockin again, from hero to overpaid bum to hero in less than a month.

We're tied for 14th overall with a goal differential of 0, that's about as mediocre as it gets. Some are convinced we're missing the playoffs while others say we're on track to win the Presidents trophy, Matthews could hit 50 in 50 and the only question is, will 120 points for Marner be enough for the Art Ross?

Carry on.
In all honesty klingberg and reeves were a big miss if we still had lafferty we would be way better

Reactions: Gary Nylund

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Only 69 more games to go. Might as well burn the season at this point.
Umm, this is an overreaction thread... full of overreactions... Clearly they are going to play the rest of the games. If they keep playing the way they are, it will be a battle to make the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad