OT: 23'-24' Toronto Maple Leafs Overreaction Thread

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
"I talked to (Keefe) today, and he explained what he meant to say and how it came out," Marner said. "I'll leave it at that. We have closed doors for a reason. ... So we had that talk today, and we understand. We're grown men." -Mitch Marner 2022

Reactions: PromisedLand

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
So far.

Brodie has been good against the competition they‘ve faced.
The top two lines are elite.

Overall, expectations remain the same in that the competition will dictate where they finish in the standings.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Klingberg is Erik Karlsson lite

He is terrible defensively but man his play making and in zone offensive passing is absurd

He is a tier ahead of Rielly in offensive zone chance creation (rielly is better at transition offense/play making)

Dude is perfect to be a 3D on a cup winner in a hugely offensive role (only offense basically)

Brodie is the antithesis of Klingberg and is the perfect 4D for a shutdown/heavy PK role as our 4D

Rielly is generally a great 1D in the playoffs.

We need a 2D somehow who can provide size, puck moving, and a shoot presence.

Reactions: arso40

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
An over reaction? The Leafs are fine just go look at their playoff record. First round exit. The re run fails.Year after year the same clowns say relax, don't worry, we like losing. There is no over reacting.1967

Reactions: Al14

Aloysius

Oct 9, 2021
Can't resist. 50% bad defensemen. Brodie. Defensive defenseman with no physical presence. Participation trophy to Gio. McCabe = Holl. Not a defence for prime time and can't replace all. Will get outscored when it matters. Marner gets points when play is soft. Proven time and again Matthews can be kept in check. No offence from 50% of core 4 when it matters. No one from remainder can carry the team to victory. TO fans create prima donna's out of players so no heart to carry team to victory when play gets hard. Long season of ups and down will demonstrate all and should prepare fans for bitter disappointment when Crosby beats team in 5 games in early April. Mark my words!

Last edited:

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
Can't resist. 50% bad defensemen. Brodie. Defensive defenseman with no physical presence. Participation trophy to Gio. McCabe = Holl. Not a defence for prime time and can't replace all. Will get outscored when it matters. Marner gets points when play is soft. Proven time and again Matthews can be kept in check. No offence from 50% of core 4 when it matters. No one from remainder can carry the team to victory. TO fans create prima donna's out of players so no heart to carry team to victory when play gets hard. Long season of ups and down will demonstrate all and should prepare fans for bitter disappointment when Crosby beats team in 5 games in early April. Mark my words!

Everyone loves sh*tting on the leafs.. even leaf fans. If that makes people feel better, then have at it.

But they consistently make the playoffs, they play an entertaining game, and have some of the best talent in the world. Only 1 team out of 32 will win it all, and I for one don't take for granted the entertainment this team offers.

It's a game.. some people just take it beyond that point.

Aloysius

Oct 9, 2021
Everyone loves sh*tting on the leafs.. even leaf fans. If that makes people feel better, then have at it.

But they consistently make the playoffs, they play an entertaining game, and have some of the best talent in the world. Only 1 team out of 32 will win it all, and I for one don't take for granted the entertainment this team offers.

It's a game.. some people just take it beyond that point.
I think many people are like me. Not fans but follow the Leafs for the entertainment value. Not the play, which is boring. But the dramatic storylines. The Leafs make great reality tv.

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
I think many people are like me. Not fans but follow the Leafs for the entertainment value. Not the play, which is boring. But the dramatic storylines. The Leafs make great reality tv.

If the play is so boring, maybe you're watching the wrong sport

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Of Treliving's off-season free agent additions, 5 have suited up for the team and of all of them only Gregor is giving a passable performance. Reaves had energy and excitement the first two games but has been a non-factor these last two games which is to be more expected. Klingberg looks like a hot mess defensively and his offence isn't anywhere near good enough to make up for it. Bertuzzi and Domi's poor performances are both baffling. Domi looks like he doesn't care out there and Bertuzzi isn't generating anything offensively at all. Could not be a worse start for four of these guys.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

No offense to McCabe but Holl is way better

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Let's just wait and see if he can beat Tie's best year at 15 goals before we give up on him, lol. Maybe Tre signed Max in order to lure Tie back to play with his son, like the Howe family.

02-03 a 33 year old Tie Domi put up 15 goals and 14 assists for 29 points in the dead puck era. At this rate we'll be lucky if a 28 year old Max Domi can match even half of that.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Klingberg is Erik Karlsson lite

He is terrible defensively but man his play making and in zone offensive passing is absurd

He is a tier ahead of Rielly in offensive zone chance creation (rielly is better at transition offense/play making)

Dude is perfect to be a 3D on a cup winner in a hugely offensive role (only offense basically)

Brodie is the antithesis of Klingberg and is the perfect 4D for a shutdown/heavy PK role as our 4D

Rielly is generally a great 1D in the playoffs.

We need a 2D somehow who can provide size, puck moving, and a shoot presence.
Feel like we already have him…..

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
They've looked like shit against shit teams. Is it an overreaction to say so?

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Overreaction Friday:

If the Leafs play like this all season, they will miss the playoffs.

Considering the strength of the division, I am not even sure this is an overreaction...

Smithsy

Oct 20, 2023
I think they will make the playoffs, but I don't see much improvement over last year as of yet. I know it's early but still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad