OT: 23'-24' Toronto Maple Leafs Overreaction Thread

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
I'm not over-reacting, because this is typical Leafs starting the season slow and unimpressive.

Yes they're 2-2, but in reality it's almost 1-3 because of that crazy comeback and SO win in game 1.

But that counts only as 1 regulation win.

If it's like this by game 10, maybe start to worry.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Not too, too worried yet. It always takes a few games to get used to different players and find your sea legs.

I find Domi is the most troubling right now for my money as he's doing nothing offensively, can't pass a puck, and looks like a liability in his own end. I'm sure he'll pick it up in the coming days but it's really ugly out there for him currently.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Not too, too worried yet. It always takes a few games to get used to different players and find your sea legs.

I find Domi is the most troubling right now for my money as he's doing nothing offensively, can't pass a puck, and looks like a liability in his own end. I'm sure he'll pick it up in the coming days but it's really ugly out there for him currently.

there's a reason every team gives up on him so quickly

Reactions: Mr Bill Waters

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
Bag Skate the entire team!
So you are advocating for a coaching change? Beceause if there was a 'bag skate', the core of this team would run up to see Shanny so quick to complain about the coach and demand something be done about him.

Reactions: rumman

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
So you are advocating for a coaching change? Beceause if there was a 'bag skate', the core of this team would run up to see Shanny so quick to complain about the coach and demand something be done about him.
This is an overreaction thread where emotion + comedy dictate the postings here.

What the heck are you talking about? Do you think that I honestly want the entire team bag skated after 4 games?

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
This is an overreaction thread where emotion + comedy dictate the postings here.

What the heck are you talking about? Do you think that I honestly want the entire team bag skated after 4 games?
If this is an over-reaction thread as you said where comedy dictates the posting, then why aren't you looking at MY post the same way that you are asking me to view yours??

Some people are just SO thin skinned regarding replies to their post I guess, especially in a thread dictated by emotion and comedy. lol

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I'm sick of Max Domi already.

All it took was the replay of a defenceman blowing by him to the Leafs' net just before a goal.

I have a low/non-existent piss-me-off threshold this week. Hopefully, that passes very soon.

I'd also rather see Bobby McMann over Ryan Reaves on the fourth line.

Domi and Reaves look like black holes in the Leafs' lineup to me.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
If this is an over-reaction thread as you said where comedy dictates the posting, then why aren't you looking at MY post the same way that you are asking me to view yours??

Some people are just SO thin skinned regarding replies to their post I guess, especially in a thread dictated by emotion and comedy. lol
Sorry. I misread your angle. Hi5

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Three years in a row the leafs got off to a pretty bad start and fans reacted. They did not OVER react. They reacted properly. Because the problems we see at the beginning of each season are the same problems we see every post season. The team is designed poorly and our cap allocation is bonkers. Our management refuses to change it.

The season is long and teams start playing complacently after a month or so. That's when our star players shine and carry the team to a decent record. Only to be humiliated once again in the playoffs when the other teams start trying again.

It's happening again. This always the very rare moment of the season where leaf fans react properly. Which of course will be called "overreacted" later in the season.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Three years in a row the leafs got off to a pretty bad start and fans reacted. They did not OVER react. They reacted properly. Because the problems we see at the beginning of each season are the same problems we see every post season. The team is designed poorly and our cap allocation is bonkers. Our management refuses to change it.

The season is long and teams start playing complacently after a month or so. That's when our star players shine and carry the team to a decent record. Only to be humiliated once again in the playoffs when the other teams start trying again.

It's happening again. This always the very rare moment of the season where leaf fans react properly. Which of course will be called "overreacted" later in the season.
You mean spending 5.5 million on a #6 OFD, and a 13th forward was a bad idea on a team that was already top heavy and having to piece together a back half of the lineup?

sunstersun

May 12, 2017
All our signings are horrible, and we probably should have just kept Dubas and fired Keefe.

I disagreed with some of Dubas decisions, but there wasn't anything too bad the last 3 years and most decisions had a logical if not agreeable process to it than fans could understand.

I'm worried we just signed up absolute horrible contracts in FA.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
They look worse, much worse
I’m trying to be the optimist here. ;)

All our signings are horrible, and we probably should have just kept Dubas and fired Keefe.

I disagreed with some of Dubas decisions, but there wasn't anything too bad the last 3 years and most decisions had a logical if not agreeable process to it than fans could understand.

I'm worried we just signed up absolute horrible contracts in FA.
Dubas needed to go but so did Shanny

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad