Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Enough. Bruins are not trading a goalie. You need to sign a decent replacement at a couple million+ .... so no real cap is saved.

The real money to be saved is Grz + Forbort. Way too much $ for bottom pairing guys. Lysell or Roooshian in for JDB. Full-time Lauko.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Everything is gonna be on the table. Is Ullmark/Swayman a luxury they can afford? I think it’s way too early to advocate for anything. We don’t even know the cap number. And we obviously don’t know where the things will be in late June. If we were smart would we avoid this thread until after the playoffs are over.
Swayman has little leverage this off season, unless another team is throwing a pretty solid off sheet at him.

Swayman wants money he can take it. Swayman looking at the current situation, knows a ton of space is opened up the following year, as well as Ullmark expiring 2 seasons after this.

If he wants the money, then there's not a lot we can do besides moving him. But he should know he's the future, and with the bromance he has with Ullmark, how much of a rush is he in to be THE guy. That is inevitable should be stay here.

If he is ok with betting on himself and taking a bridge, he saw some of his team mates make a a hefty pay raise by waiting it out.

Reactions: KrugAvoy

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Swayman has little leverage this off season, unless another team is throwing a pretty solid off sheet at him.

Swayman wants money he can take it. Swayman looking at the current situation, knows a ton of space is opened up the following year, as well as Ullmark expiring 2 seasons after this.

If he wants the money, then there's not a lot we can do besides moving him. But he should know he's the future, and with the bromance he has with Ullmark, how much of a rush is he in to be THE guy. That is inevitable should be stay here.

If he is ok with betting on himself and taking a bridge, he saw some of his team mates make a a hefty pay raise by waiting it out.
Swayman has arb rights. He’s certainly not going to play for a $875k QO. There’s some leverage there.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Marchand Bergeron Lysell
??? Zacha Pastrnak

That should be your top 6 next year. Especially if the cap doesn’t move much.

Does Bertuzzi + picks in exchange for DeBrusk or DeBrusk look better in that spot next year? Would you rather commit to Bertuzzi or DeBrusk long term?

I don’t know. But it’s like the biggest thing I am going to watch the rest of the regular season.

I watched a lot of Bertuzzi with Detroit. I take DeBrusk over him.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Swayman has arb rights. He’s certainly not going to play for a $875k QO. There’s some leverage there.
My mistake I thought he was too young for arbitration.

Well, we'll see then. If he wants the money this year, he knows the Bruins cap situation, and he can go anywhere the Bruins send him.

I know Arizona wanted him in a Chychrun deal. (Not that Chychrun is there to trade anymore) But interest was there if it seems like there's no contract deal to be made.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Need to get cheaper and/or younger at some positions for this upcoming bridge year. do they resign Bertuzzi? makes Hall a necessary trade candidate, want to keep Orlov? Gryz or Forbort need to go. need to save money at 3C and that brigns Coyle into question, Zacha is more or less going to be your 2C next year, Bergeron will probably go again.

Its just reality.
More like fantasy than reality.

The idea that we're going to be able to unload Hall and Coyle's $11m+ during free agent season and under a flat cap without taking any money back seems... extremely unlikely.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Keep JDB. I think playing in this market is underrated. Ya its not has pronounced with the Bruins but it's real. Plus I love his game.

To save money, I hate to say it but a Hall/Grz/Forbert (plus Rielly obs) has to be on the table, if required. Try to walk into next year with Marchard/Berg/JDB & Lysell/Zacha/Pasta, then Coyle anchoring the third. No Berg too is even harder, but I think he comes back for the 100 year no matter what *Cough*.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Trading Debrusk would be a bad idea, 26 year old top line wingers that can play PP and PK are hard to find. If you want to trade someone to open up a roster spot for Lysell/Merkulov it’s Hall. He makes more money then Jake, is older, and is worse at this point.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Love Bertuzzi and his Hockey IQ. He can play either side and has a motor that never quits. I would actually love to see how he would look on the wing with Bergy and Marchy, but I think the lines are pretty well set come playoff time, but when/if everyone gets healthy . Depth/Depth Depth !!!
Now
Marchand - Bergeron - Debrusk
Zacha - Krejci - Pastrnak
Bertuzzi - Coyle - Frederic
Greer - Nosek - Hathaway

(Lauko, McGlaughlin, ????)

When Hall and Foligno returns.
Hall - Coyle - Bertuzzi
Foligno - Nosek - Hathaway

(Greer, Lauko, Frederic)

The defense is so good, all they need to do is figure out who's pairing with who, but wow its scary good.
Lauko should be playing over Greer

Reactions: bbfan419

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
If they trade Hall next year they better do him a solid and move him to a place he wants to go ... he forced Buffalo's hand to come here and Boston didn't have to give up much because of it ... we want to keep the good karma train going for others like Hall in his situation in Buffalo who wish to come here... did someone say Eichel? :)

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Love Bertuzzi and his Hockey IQ. He can play either side and has a motor that never quits. I would actually love to see how he would look on the wing with Bergy and Marchy, but I think the lines are pretty well set come playoff time, but when/if everyone gets healthy . Depth/Depth Depth !!!
Now
Bertuzzi - Coyle - Frederic
Greer - Nosek - Hathaway

(Lauko, McGlaughlin, ????)

When Hall and Foligno returns.
Hall - Coyle - Bertuzzi
Foligno - Nosek - Hathaway

(Greer, Lauko, Frederic)

The defense is so good, all they need to do is figure out who's pairing with who, but wow its scary good.
It’s crazy that we have so much depth that Freddy may actually have to sit when we’re fully healthy. He’s on an 18 goal pace, entirely at even strength, with very good defensive metrics. And he may have to sit.

Reactions: TCB

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
More like fantasy than reality.

The idea that we're going to be able to unload Hall and Coyle's $11m+ during free agent season and under a flat cap without taking any money back seems... extremely unlikely.

Coyle has a 5.25 Cap hit and 4.5 p/y in salary, no signing bonus, for the next 3 seasons. Schmaltz has 5.75 cap hit and 24.5 p/y in actual money for the next 3 seasons. I don't put past Arizona to do a deal around something like that.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Coyle has a 5.25 Cap hit and 4.5 p/y in salary, no signing bonus, for the next 3 seasons. Schmaltz has 5.75 cap hit and 24.5 p/y in actual money for the next 3 seasons. I don't put past Arizona to do a deal around something like that.
Coyle (and Hall) have limited No-Trade protection. Can you really see them accepting trades to NHL-Siberia after being Bruins?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Trading Debrusk would be a bad idea, 26 year old top line wingers that can play PP and PK are hard to find. If you want to trade someone to open up a roster spot for Lysell/Merkulov it’s Hall. He makes more money then Jake, is older, and is worse at this point.

Sure, but if you have to PAY to move Hall or you can GET assets for DeBrusk it complicates things no? Hall still has a partial NTC. It would be very easy for him to limit the market substantially for his services. If the cap only goes up 1 million bucks, its not going to get EASIER to move salary than it was this season.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Enough. Bruins are not trading a goalie. You need to sign a decent replacement at a couple million+ .... so no real cap is saved.

The real money to be saved is Grz + Forbort. Way too much $ for bottom pairing guys. Lysell or Roooshian in for JDB. Full-time Lauko.

If the Bruins get Swayman on a 2 year bridge at reasonable money, then I agree with you. But if they don't, it's a matter of time till one of them is indeed traded. Also a matter of place in the standings (down the line).

Certainly would be interesting if someone did an offersheet of $4.201 on Swayman. That's just a second round comp...

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Thanks for the correction. I thought it could grow to $5.5?
4.65 and there is actually a question on whether Swayman has bonuses this year or not. I'm on it though.

And yes they could grow to 5.5 if everyone in Providence played in Boston the last 20 games and went crazy.

The only realistic attainable bonuses are Krejci and Bergeron. As I said, questions around Swayman and I am working on that. Players in Providence can't possibly earn their bonuses.

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
Coyle (and Hall) have limited No-Trade protection. Can you really see them accepting trades to NHL-Siberia after being Bruins?

Coyle's ntc changed to 8 teams. I think there could be 8 other places he would rather list.

I don't think the Bruins will trade Hall, nor they should. If people have doubt about Hall, put him with Pastrnak next year and it will be gone in the first week of the season. He is the guy driving the third line. Him and Bertuzzi together will be a nightmare to play against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad