Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
Aaaannnddd they enter the home stretch…..less than 48 hours to TDL….

taste great - less filling.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Question...and don't all answer at once.

You are team B. You are 1 point out of a playoff spot and need a win to get in. You are down to 5 starters on defense because of injury but they will be ready for the playoffs, if you get in.

Do you trade for Mike Reilly to try and get in?

Remember, you can make trades after trade deadline, the player you acquire just isn't allowed to play in the playoffs.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
If neither of Hall or Foligno have LTIR worthy injuries then we have to make a cap clearing trade to call people up from providence right? Otherwise we maybe go 11/7?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
:scared::surrender

You are team B. You are 1 point out of a playoff spot and need a win to get in. You are down to 5 starters on defense because of injury but they will be ready for the playoffs, if you get in.

Remember, you can make trades after trade deadline, the player you acquire just isn't allowed to play in the playoffs.
If I have the cap space, yes I take a chance. It is all about the money afterall.

Reactions: Tbaybruin and bme44

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Yes…if the return isn’t crazy.

I think Reilly gets a bad rap around here because he had the audacity to sign a contract he was offered.

He had some good stretches of play here. He’s a bottom pair guy, but if Matt Irwin and many others are playing NHL minutes…he should be.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

But why would Boston move him a day before the end of the season? Just to get rid of the cap for next year? Wouldn't you rather have him as a black ace at that point having paid almost all of his cap hit?

Reactions: KrejciWinger

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

if I have the money and Bruins take essentially nothing, sure . Why not?

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Nope. Wouldn't do it.

I would however try for someone else who isn't signed through the following season

pemulis

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2008
postdocing in Sydney

Depends on the type of team I have. Particularly f it is a younger team (Buffalo), I would make that deal to get playoff experience and the opportunity, i'll take those chances.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

Not Reilly as he’s signed next season. I’d look for an expiring contract

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

Now that is intriguing.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Listening to TSN earlier, they mentioned Florida may even move Rhinehart and/or Bennett, can't see it since they are in the race to make the playoffs, but if they did, Sam Rhinehart would be a great add on this Bruins team.
Absolutely. I don't know what his contract looks like but if they could fit the $$$$ in I'd do it. He'd be a Center all ready in place to go in once DK retires. Good for now, great for later.

Reactions: ylekot and bbfan419

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019

Personally, given the market and I may take the chance on the player. It will likely cost next to nothing to acquire and he can fill out a bottom pairing.

Reilly isn’t a terrible player, he is an NHL defenseman. Just not a high end one

Basically, given the cost vs quality of the current market, you could do worse

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010

Yes. Yes you do. Always try and win.

Reactions: Gordoff and Dr Hook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad