Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
nor does the organization at this point.... you'd see Keyser before Bussi if something happened to Swayman/Ullmark even short-term now that Kincaid is gone to Colorado

I think Bussi is ready for an NHL backup role while Keyer could use a full-year starting gig in the AHL.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
nope....try again.... Bussi is a first year G UNDRAFTED..... Never was assigned a team in training camp and wasn't in Providence until Keyser's injury and hasn't played long enough to be the 1C option should either Ullmark or Swayman are out long-term.... it's why Kinkaid came up for that token appearance when Swayman was out.... and why he's now in Colorado

I think Kinkaid is in Colorado right now because of the way Bussi played this year. Simply put he was MUCH, MUCH better than Kindkaid in Providence.

But I don't expect Bussi to be the backup in Boston next year

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020
maybe he could have been marginally more effective, but at the end of the day he couldn't skate anymore. And you can't hide guys who can't skate at this level
I, just personally, never thought he looked as sluggish as people insisted, I think he was just more stationary on the wing. I absolutely agree he had declined significantly.

Reactions: PlayMakers

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
I'm not going to go into crazy detail on this but I checked it on cap friendly and it should fit with a 83.5 mil cap.

Buyout Reilly, Trade Gryz, Forbort, and Hall for whatever you can without taking nhl salaries back unless it's league min depth.

Resign Bergeron, Freddy, Swayman, Cliffy and Lauko. lets say 10 mil between all of them (bonuses for Bergeron though.

Lohrei on his ELC. Resign Orlov for 6x6 if he'll take it. Let Bertuzzi walk because he's going to cost too much.

Marchand/Bergeron/Lysell
Debrusk/Zacha/Pasta
Merkulov(or cheap vet)/Coyle/Freddy
Greer/Beecher(or cheap vet)/Lauko

Orlov/McAvoy
Lindholm/Carlo
Lohrei/Clifton
Zboril

Ullmark
Swayman

That's around a cap hit of 79 million ish give or take a few 100k for certain guys.

Donny has got his work cut out for him

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
except, Keyser's been in the system longer....has already been at Providence longer than expected....

Has he though? I remember last year Raycroft talking about goalie development. I think it was when Rask tried to return and Swayman was sent down. I'm going off memory (which isn't great), but he basically said goalies take longer to develop and most won't start to sniff the NHL till their 25yrs old. If true, Keyser is only 23yr old and has 59 AHL games under his belt. Rask for reference had 102 AHL games under his belt before sticking in Boston full-time at 22/23 years old.

Rask was an elite talent. So at 23yr old and only 59 AHL games, I would expect Keyser (far less talented than Rask) to begin sniffing the NHL for a few more years.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I'm not going to go into crazy detail on this but I checked it on cap friendly and it should fit with a 83.5 mil cap.

Buyout Reilly, Trade Gryz, Forbort, and Hall for whatever you can without taking nhl salaries back unless it's league min depth.

Resign Bergeron, Freddy, Swayman, Cliffy and Lauko. lets say 10 mil between all of them (bonuses for Bergeron though.

Lohrei on his ELC. Resign Orlov for 6x6 if he'll take it. Let Bertuzzi walk because he's going to cost too much.

Marchand/Bergeron/Lysell
Debrusk/Zacha/Pasta
Merkulov(or cheap vet)/Coyle/Freddy
Greer/Beecher(or cheap vet)/Lauko

Orlov/McAvoy
Lindholm/Carlo
Lohrei/Clifton
Zboril

Ullmark
Swayman

That's around a cap hit of 79 million ish give or take a few 100k for certain guys.

Donny has got his work cut out for him

There is NO WAY Cliffy is back. Someone is going to offer him a top 4D contract and he has not made enough money in his career to do anything but take the highest offer.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
There is NO WAY Cliffy is back. Someone is going to offer him a top 4D contract and he has not made enough money in his career to do anything but take the highest offer.

You’re probably right. Maybe give ahcan a shot? Or pick up a cheap bottom pairing vet

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You’re probably right. Maybe give ahcan a shot? Or pick up a cheap bottom pairing vet

Ahcan will be a group-6 unrestricted FA at the end of the year. He did apparently ask for a trade. I would expect he will try his luck somewhere else in hopes he gets a chance to play at the NHL level

bruwinz73

Jan 16, 2021
Stats disagree. Also, they don't play the same game. I like Bert and want to resign him. But his injury concerns are valid. I'm not trading away Jake. This team needs him.
Ok so speaking of stats JDB has only put his on the board while playing with two future HoFers. I think Bertuzzi is a more complete player. It’s fine to disagree but you can’t just throw around “stats” without context.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr and TCB

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
In the summer, Cup or no, I'd move out JDB to a team that can afford to extend him.

Move Gryz and Carlo as well to try and get a bunch of picks back between the 3 AND open up cap room. Forbort has to go as well and Reilly will cost us a little less to move.

Use the money to sign Orlov, Cliffy, Bert and GH.
I get that but I do everything to get 37-46 back. I want back to back cups We need DeBrusk. We won’t be as good as this year but man we are so good

Reactions: bbfan419

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I’m really hoping they can get Jake Livingstone to replace Cliffy in the off-season but I am assuming 31 other teams are thinking the same thing

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Ok so speaking of stats JDB has only put his on the board while playing with two future HoFers. I think Bertuzzi is a more complete player. It’s fine to disagree but you can’t just throw around “stats” without context.

Jake hasn't always played with Bergy and Marchy.

He's played with a plethora of players. I don't count the rona year where he had mental health issues. But he also played with Ryan Spooner. He was mostly a 2nd line player.

Bertuzzi plays a different game than him. Different styles too. I'd take Jake over him any day.

And I want resign to resign Bert.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Cap situation is so bleak next year if the cap only goes up a million. Every Bruins fan should be rooting hard for LA, NYR and Toronto to go as far as they can in the playoffs unless it’s against Boston. Really could use the more optimistic cap number for next year.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Marchand Bergeron Lysell
??? Zacha Pastrnak

That should be your top 6 next year. Especially if the cap doesn’t move much.

Does Bertuzzi + picks in exchange for DeBrusk or DeBrusk look better in that spot next year? Would you rather commit to Bertuzzi or DeBrusk long term?

I don’t know. But it’s like the biggest thing I am going to watch the rest of the regular season.

Reactions: CDJ

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Marchand Bergeron Lysell
??? Zacha Pastrnak

That should be your top 6 next year. Especially if the cap doesn’t move much.

Does Bertuzzi + picks in exchange for DeBrusk or DeBrusk look better in that spot next year? Would you rather commit to Bertuzzi or DeBrusk long term?

I don’t know. But it’s like the biggest thing I am going to watch the rest of the regular season.
Lysell isn’t ready to jump in and be a first line winger for a contender

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

Dude like wtf are they gonna do next season?

I don't know. Buy out Reilly obviously. I think I traded Hall, Reilly and Forbort, and was able to sign Orlov to the Lindholm contract. I think it's more likely we keep Hall, don't sign Orlov and still have to trade Forbort and Grezclyk. It's tough, but it's honestly not as bad as I thought it would be particularly if Bergeron takes another short deal.

We are going to see Merkulov, McGlaughlin, Lysell, Steen, Koppanen, Beecher and others. Merkulov and Mcglauglin might play most of the games, most of the guys I kind of expect to rotate through our bottom 6. Get experience, identify weaknesses and work on them in Providence, come up when the next guys start to struggle.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I don't know. Buy out Reilly obviously. I think I traded Hall, Reilly and Forbort, and was able to sign Orlov to the Lindholm contract. I think it's more likely we keep Hall, don't sign Orlov and still have to trade Forbort and Grezclyk. It's tough, but it's honestly not as bad as I thought it would be particularly if Bergeron takes another short deal.

We are going to see Merkulov, McGlaughlin, Lysell, Steen, Koppanen, Beecher and others. Merkulov and Mcglauglin might play most of the games, most of the guys I kind of expect to rotate through our bottom 6. Get experience, identify weaknesses and work on them in Providence, come up when the next guys start to struggle.
most of you are forgetting Providence is in line for a potential long playoff run too.....

Reactions: bbfan419

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I see lots of plans for next year starting with trading Coyle and Hall and that just feels unrealistic.

Hall has been a 50-60 point wing making $6m. Coyle is a 40-45 point center making $5.25m. They're not exactly bargains, they're both turning 32, and they're signed for multiple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad