Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt8871

Jan 10, 2022
Rather have Gryz than Chychrun Schenn or Gavrikov. Eye test and numbers back it up. Plays bigger than he is

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm usually good at leaving emotions outside the equation when it comes to trades and signings and such, and if the player is good and can help the team, I'm all for it. But man, it's hard when it comes to Barbashev since he was part of that scummy Blues team and was one of the ones who got suspended for an unpenalized headshot along the way.

Good player, and there's a big extent to which we could stand to get a little dirtier to stand up against other teams, but I have unprocessed trauma from that series.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Where does Toews play if we acquire him?
I think the only spot that makes sense for Toews is 3c. Maybe they're thinking Toews could give them that 3rd line magic like we saw in 2019.

Hall - Toews - Coyle

That would push Frederic into your 4th line mix where he can play both center and wing. For example, Nosek-Frederic-Smith was a highly effective combo, so was Figgy-Freddy-Greer.

Toews also can and has played net front on the PP, similar to DeBrusk so it would giv the Bruins another option there.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Yup crazy ask but that aside he could help in the tough playoff series..He is type of player that is hard to play against.I remember him flattening a couple Bruins.

That is Grizz for sure if they add him.
No way - Gavrikov is a Forbort upgrade.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The ask will start with Frederic and then probably Lysell or Lohrei.

27-year old UFA Barbashev doesn't get you any of these guys straight up.

Frederic alone has basically the same production as Barbashev this year and is 25-year old RFA. So right there it's a safe assumption Frederic has more value, if only for contract control.

Not worth losing chemistry over. Forbort is loved on this team. Bigger fish needed if your moving out Forbort.

A lot of people are ignoring the impact on the room when they suggest shipping out solid guys like Gryz, Clifton and Forbort for what some would consider lesser players in the likes of Schenn, Andrew Peeke, and other D-men tossed around this thread.

I'm going to say shipping out a Clifton just to bring in Luke Schenn's lead feet would go over in the room like a wet fart.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think the only spot that makes sense for Toews is 3c. Maybe they're thinking Toews could give them that 3rd line magic like we saw in 2019.

Hall - Toews - Coyle

That would push Frederic into your 4th line mix where he can play both center and wing. For example, Nosek-Frederic-Smith was a highly effective combo, so was Figgy-Freddy-Greer.

Toews also can and has played net front on the PP, similar to DeBrusk so it would giv the Bruins another option there.

Imagine Toews get thrown out of the dot and in strolls Coyle whose Top 30 in FO% among NHLers :laugh:

End of the game, big draw in your own zone you could roll out Toews - Bergeron - Coyle. Good luck winning face-off lol.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Imagine Toews get thrown out of the dot and in strolls Coyle whose Top 30 in FO% among NHLers :laugh:

End of the game, big draw in your own zone you could roll out Toews - Bergeron - Coyle. Good luck winning face-off lol.
Unless we're up against Jordan Staal. But then their third line is on the ice right?

Reactions: lopey

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Only problem with Gavrikov is that CBJ is looking for a package like they got for Savard, which was a 1st + 3rd

Is he the best left-shot rental D available? I think he may be and I can see him getting the type of package Savard got or the Ben Chiarot deal last year Florida did.

He's kind of a left-shot Carlo from what I've looked at.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Frederic alone has basically the same production as Barbashev this year and is 25-year old RFA. So right there it's a safe assumption Frederic has more value, if only for contract control.

A lot of people are ignoring the impact on the room when they suggest shipping out solid guys like Gryz, Clifton and Forbort for what some would consider lesser players in the likes of Schenn, Andrew Peeke, and other D-men tossed around this thread.

I'm going to say shipping out a Clifton just to bring in Luke Schenn's lead feet would go over in the room like a wet fart.
One person suggested Gavrikov here and who would get bumped so people take a guess at it.Its not like we are saying hey trade this player

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
That's a take.
1675888461611.png

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
Where does a guy like bussi stack up in all these prospect + 1st rd pick combo situations? I know he wasn’t a top pick but the all star selection/numbers kinda speak for themselves

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
One person suggested Gavrikov here and who would get bumped so people take a guess at it.Its not like we are saying hey trade this player

Gavrikov is to me a legit upgrade. My stance is if the Bruins are going to bring in a D-man, especially considering the time it will take to adjust to a new system, the guy they get had better be a sure-fire legit upgrade. I would consider Gavrikov to be that. As I would Chychrun.

But even for say Clifton to find himself upstairs for a Luke Schenn. Or for Gryz or Forbort to get bumped out for Andrew Peeke. Even if they are not traded out, it's a bad move for the chemistry in the room, because they could actually be considered downgrades from the guys they already have. I don't want to see Gryz or Clifton and theu playoff experience sat for Andrew Peeke and his zero playoff games.

And it's not like the current Top 6 isn't successful, considering they helped the Bruins to 1st in GAA by a wide margin. Honestly I don't really understand why so many want to change the D-corps to begin with. Probably because of some bizarre height/weight requirement.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Where does a guy like bussi stack up in all these prospect + 1st rd pick combo situations? I know he wasn’t a top pick but the all star selection/numbers kinda speak for themselves
not on the roster.... you have the G tandem pretty much set for now.... hence it would likely be Kinkaid or Keyser dealt if they plan to retain DiPietro after acquiring him from VAN

Reactions: bbfan419

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
Gavrikov is to me a legit upgrade. My stance is if the Bruins are going to bring in a D-man, especially considering the time it will take to adjust to a new system, the guy they get had better be a sure-fire legit upgrade. I would consider Gavrikov to be that. As I would Chychrun.

But even for say Clifton to find himself upstairs for a Luke Schenn. Or for Gryz or Forbort to get bumped out for Andrew Peeke. Even if they are not traded out, it's a bad move for the chemistry in the room, because they could actually be considered downgrades from the guys they already have. I don't want to see Gryz or Clifton and theu playoff experience sat for Andrew Peeke and his zero playoff games.

And it's not like the current Top 6 isn't successful, considering they helped the Bruins to 1st in GAA by a wide margin. Honestly I don't really understand why so many want to change the D-corps to begin with. Probably because of some bizarre height/weight requirement.
Agreed. The players are professionals. They'll deal with clear upgrades coming into the team, even if a well-liked player is shipped out. Not depth guys.

Reactions: BruinDust

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

But dumping Zboril for Schenn would be an upgrade. I would feel a lot better with Schenn in the lineup if one of the top 6 go down than Zboril.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

I do not have 1 clue what Sweeney will do just guessing above but he should do something to give them that boost.Standing still why other teams around you add help would not be wise.I understand what you are saying here though about if they do add to backend it has to be a needle bender a clear upgrade.I agree about that .

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Agreed. The players are professionals. They'll deal with clear upgrades coming into the team, even if a well-liked player is shipped out. Not depth guys.

Exactly. Especially when the group is producing results. A lot of the suggestions I've seen are change for the sake of change. And no GM does that with a successful group. Clear upgrades should be the the GMs mindset.

But dumping Zboril for Schenn would be an upgrade. I would feel a lot better with Schenn in the lineup if one of the top 6 go down than Zboril.

I'm more comfortable with Schenn as the "next man up" than Zboril. No question.

I just can't justify the price I think Schenn will garner (I can see him going for a 2nd rounder) just to be the 7th D-man.

Reactions: LavioletteScores

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

In no world is Barbashev worth even one of those players. He's a UFA who is a bottom 6 guy.

I get people overvalue prospects and overvalue what to give in trades constantly on this site, but that's an insane ask to even type.
Yeah I understand he is a UFA but he put up 60 points last year and plays physically. You can say outlier and UFA but 60 points is 60 points. Further I said what they may ask and Blues will ask for the hometown kid. If Blues want that, I ask to talk to his agent and see if he'll do a sign an trade.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Yeah I understand he is a UFA but he put up 60 points last year and plays physically. You can say outlier and UFA but 60 points is 60 points. Further I said what they may ask and Blues will ask for the hometown kid. If Blues want that, I ask to talk to his agent and see if he'll do a sign an trade.
He would look sweet here signed at just 27.He can play all 3 forward positions and is a nasty sob to play against.Leafs sniffing hard on O'Reilly I read.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
If the Blues want/expect any of those types of players for Barbashev, have fun watching him walk for nothing.

That's just ludicrous to even suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad