Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
MarshknowsBest I see you quoted $5 million for Pageau next 3 years.

I'm not sure if I'm reading Cap friendly correctly but it's not $5 million next 3 years. I read $4.5, $4, $3.5.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Can’t really see the Bruins grabbing someone with term at the deadline with their offseason already looking the way it is.

Having said that the idea of JGP on a team like the Hurricanes is not ideal.

Hopefully, if he even does get traded, it’s out west

Reactions: Gordoff

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
@Blowfish I don't see the need for a center next year TBH. Dom says Bergeron is going to be back next season and I have zero reason to not believe Dom. With that being said you have Bergeron & Coyle as 2 of your top 3 centers. Zacha was just re-upped and he's been playing 2C when Krejci is unavailable. If Krejci decides to call it quits after this season then you're top 3 centers are Bergeron, Zacha, Coyle.

If Boston wasn't so tight on cap, then sure JGP would be a great add to the 3rd line. If he was a pending UFA then sure he'd be a great add. Being that he's signed for 3 more years at $5 million per though, it makes things very very tight next year.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
@Blowfish I don't see the need for a center next year TBH. Dom says Bergeron is going to be back next season and I have zero reason to not believe Dom. With that being said you have Bergeron & Coyle as 2 of your top 3 centers. Zacha was just re-upped and he's been playing 2C when Krejci is unavailable. If Krejci decides to call it quits after this season then you're top 3 centers are Bergeron, Zacha, Coyle.

If Boston wasn't so tight on cap, then sure JGP would be a great add to the 3rd line. If he was a pending UFA then sure he'd be a great add. Being that he's signed for 3 more years at $5 million per though, it makes things very very tight next year.
I hope Bergeron is back....that does change things. Otherwise it's a massive gap.

So the need will be for scoring speedy winger (with or without size works). Meier me.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
I think Henrique has most of what the Bruins need for up and down the lineup depth and insurance at center.

Henrique is good on draws and a strong leader with a great work ethic. Need retention though as he has one year of term. Anaheim with plenty of cap space.

I think he's hungry and would fit here nicely.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I think Henrique has most of what the Bruins need for up and down the lineup depth and insurance at center.

Henrique is good on draws and a strong leader with a great work ethic. Need retention though as he has one year of term. Anaheim with plenty of cap space.

Not a bad idea!

And on and on we go.

Makes me laugh everytime...had to watch this the other night. Because of you.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Can’t really see the Bruins grabbing someone with term at the deadline with their offseason already looking the way it is.

Having said that the idea of JGP on a team like the Hurricanes is not ideal.

Hopefully, if he even does get traded, it’s out west
I don't think Lou is done. The isles will have 11 mil+ in cap space at the deadline, so unless they fall entirely flat on their face, I see Lou making more moves for the isles. I mean he knew its a tight race for those final two spots before he acquired Horvat and I feel this is just the start of his moves to better their odds of getting in and I surely don't see him dealing a gamer like Pageau.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston

To me, this is one of, if not the best options in the league. His salary isn't too high, so some retention goes a long way. He's not washed up, in fact, he's one of the only players excelling in Anaheim right now, and the Ducks are our main trade partner right now.

He's worth a 1st, especially if we can dump some cap via Smith and Reilly alongside him.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
To me, this is one of, if not the best options in the league. His salary isn't too high, so some retention goes a long way. He's not washed up, in fact, he's one of the only players excelling in Anaheim right now, and the Ducks are our main trade partner right now.

He's worth a 1st, especially if we can dump some cap via Smith and Reilly alongside him.
Hard to get stuck with that deal next year though.

Reactions: ON3M4N

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Why are people clamoring for overpaid 30+ year olds with term on their deals?

Have people considered the cap implications of that, even with retention (which just means having to trade more)? It's going to be difficult enough to build a cap compliant roster next year with Pastrnak at $11M+, let alone when you add sizable money.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Have people considered the cap implications of that, even with retention (which just means having to trade more)? It's going to be difficult enough to build a cap compliant roster next year with Pastrnak at $11M+, let alone when you add sizable money.

For me it's simply this:

I think that by far, very, very far, this is their best chance at a cup in the next 5-10 years.

Generally speaking, I'm all for managing the team with a huge focus on the future.

This year, this team --- do what it takes to win a cup and worry about the future in the future.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10

Bruins are reportedly interested in players with term. One reason why could be next year's cap.

Say new player comes in with 50% retention (thus is now underpaid) and is now cheaper than someone else on the Bruins signed for next year, making that particular current Bruin the one dealt for savings in the summer. I'd prefer not to name names until after the playoffs, but that current Bruin may also be over 30. Or maybe it's a younger current Bruin who makes more than 2.9m but could fetch a strong pick at the draft.

I think options are available in the effort to build the best team now.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
For me it's simply this:

I think that by far, very, very far, this is their best chance at a cup in the next 5-10 years.

Generally speaking, I'm all for managing the team with a huge focus on the future.

This year, this team --- do what it takes to win a cup and worry about the future in the future.
I think they've set themselves up to re-load on the fly.

I am all for loading up this year and trading the 1, but another Lindholm type deal would be ideal.

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
I see a lot of people want to target forwards, I’d rather them aim for another steady top-4 defenseman if they’re going to be giving up valuable assets. Don’t know who’s available, but they’re one Lindholm/McAvoy injury away from being in big trouble come playoff time.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I’m not sure at what point it’s unfair to expect bergy to continue in a 1C role. Perhaps not next season, but it’ll be soon if not.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

I see a lot of people want to target forwards, I’d rather them aim for another steady top-4 defenseman if they’re going to be giving up valuable assets. Don’t know who’s available, but they’re one Lindholm/McAvoy injury away from being in big trouble come playoff time.
That's why Chychrun makes sense but it would involve Carlo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad