Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
This may be one of the more annoying deadlines in recent time. Need to get by it.
I think it will be pretty quiet. Flat cap has too many teams at or above the cap. There's only a couple teams that can take on salary. And the biggest name available just got moved. There's still the ghosts of Kane and Toews but those contracts will be tough to move and I don't know why any of the other bottom feeders competing for Bedard would take on any of the cap to help Chicago get worse.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I think it will be pretty quiet. Flat cap has too many teams at or above the cap. There's only a couple teams that can take on salary. And the biggest name available just got moved. There's still the ghosts of Kane and Toews but those contracts will be tough to move and I don't know why any of the other bottom feeders competing for Bedard would take on any of the cap to help Chicago get worse.

I’m just saying for this place it’s going to be an annoying one. It already is reading through :laugh:

Reactions: UConn126

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I think it'll actually be just the opposite. A lot of talented pending UFA out-there. The hawks could just take salary back from teams with picks prospects to make it work.

Reactions: Bodit9

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I am not sorry I did not see and therefore not follow directions. It goes 1 to 5 and stays that way. Still think it will be a left d of at least moderate importance, which means players of at least moderate importance leaving.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Throw a 6th round pick to sens for brassard for depth and keep all our top picks and prospects cant bankrupt the farm here. The team is solid as is and is elite . It doesn't need a gut job and harm our future. Trading players like lysell lohrei Harrison poitras is insane. Those our blue chips imagine trading pasta for a cup run when he was like 20 years old. How would that look now?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
There is no need for him, stop looking at stats he is slower now and everyone that want him think they are getting the player that he was when he one the cup................There is a lot talk about how the Bruins will matchup against Carolina with their speed tell me how Toes helps that matchup ........... Remember David Backes and I loved they way he played until he got to Boston.......If the Bruins can get him for next to nothing fine if that satisfies you need but if not forget him ...........4th line center is not a priority........and for those of you think he should be playing ahead of Coyle , let me ask you straight you would trade Coyle for Toews...........Good luck if you do and I will pick you up and drive you to your next appointment you have with your shrink.......
I would try to sign Toews for under 2 million next year and then move Coyles 5 million in the offseason to recoup a pick. You can move Toews to wing and Frederic to center or leave Toews as number three C if Bergeron comes back.
Bergeron-Zacha-Toews-? is a lot better than Zacha-Coyle-Frederic-? for next year

Last edited:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Throw a 6th round pick to sens for brassard for depth and keep all our top picks and prospects cant bankrupt the farm here. The team is solid as is and is elite . It doesn't need a gut job and harm our future. Trading players like lysell lohrei Harrison poitras is insane. Those our blue chips imagine trading pasta for a cup run when he was like 20 years old. How would that look now?
Lysell is a blue chip maybe not sure about the others

Reactions: The don godfather

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I don’t think Toews is the way to make the most of Bergeron’s final years. I could be convinced that you can get one more good cup run out of him in a bottom 6 role, but Toews is close to finished imo. I have no interest in him at all behind this year.
Isn't he sick again?

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
We'll see what? If Craig Smith actually nets the Bruins assets like a 3rd round pick?

If you propose something at least have some realistic logic as to why it makes sense. Don't hide behind "Guess we'll see".
1. I explained in a previous post to the extent I wanted to at the time but you chose to ignore it.
2. Why did Boston waive him? They were looking to be cap compliant. When did they waive him? Christmas break to also accrue cap space when they weren't playing. When they waived him, teams would be on the hook for over half of his 3.1 million dollar cap vs march, they're looking at less than 500k in terms of space based on the 186 NHL days.
3. Something like 85-90% of the teams in the playoff hunt have/had no space
4. Craig Smith is a low risk, high reward type of deal. How many 3rd-4th rounders have played more than 100 NHL games in the last 5 years? Smith has scored 20+ goals 5 times now in his career. He's on an expiring deal. Roll the dice with him being able to produce in the playoffs or your 3rd/4th rounder playing 100 NHL games?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Six years ago Pasta was a 30 plus goal scorer in the best league in the world, so trading any of those guys just isn't even close to being comparable and for me its all about the Cup and any of those guys should be in play for the right additions.

Id try hard to keep Lysell but even he would be available for the right return.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
1. I explained in a previous post to the extent I wanted to at the time but you chose to ignore it.
2. Why did Boston waive him? They were looking to be cap compliant. When did they waive him? Christmas break to also accrue cap space when they weren't playing. When they waived him, teams would be on the hook for over half of his 3.1 million dollar cap vs march, they're looking at less than 500k in terms of space based on the 186 NHL days.
3. Something like 85-90% of the teams in the playoff hunt have/had no space
4. Craig Smith is a low risk, high reward type of deal. How many 3rd-4th rounders have played more than 100 NHL games in the last 5 years? Smith has scored 20+ goals 5 times now in his career. He's on an expiring deal. Roll the dice with him being able to produce in the playoffs or your 3rd/4th rounder playing 100 NHL games?
No one is paying anything for Smith. Come on man.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Toews is okay but don't think he improves the bruins chances of winning cup.

IMO it's a risky move, Toews may disrupt existing chemistry and the cost is too much for Toews. Bruins will most likely need to give up a good draft pick, roster player (Frederik?), and decent prospect.

Hawk fans confirmed his speed, goal scoring, and play making has dropped significantly. Bruins have decent F/O players behind Bergeron. Toews is not worth a bunch of assets. Not worth the risk. Leverage the assets for something better.

View attachment 647253
I'm not sold on Domi for a playoff run bottom 6 role (what they need) or as a future top 6 (just way too inconsistent and doesn't seem to hang around teams for long which IMO is a big red flag).

Toews is exactly what a serious contender would want in the bottom 6. Stanley cup leadership experience, nails at the dot and productive. As far as chemistry goes I cant imagine they'd make the deal without getting it ok'd by Bergeron and company. Foglino Toews on a 4th line is redonkulous
The ask will start with Frederic and then probably Lysell or Lohrei.
I mean they can ask. . .

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
The ask will start with Frederic and then probably Lysell or Lohrei.
Ask but end of day St Louis don't have leverage. Closer deadline comes less actually because Barbashev is a UFA to be.If a team wants to go and hand over a player equal to what you said then Bruins could always walk away.He would be a nice add though fir Cup run.

Last edited:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Ask but end of day St Louis don't have leverage. Closer deadline comes less actually because Barbashev is a UFA to be.If a team wants to go and hand over a player equal to what you said then Bruins could always walk away.He would be a nice add though for a Cup run.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
In no world is Barbashev worth even one of those players. He's a UFA who is a bottom 6 guy.

I get people overvalue prospects and overvalue what to give in trades constantly on this site, but that's an insane ask to even type.
Yup crazy ask but that aside he could help in the tough playoff series..He is type of player that is hard to play against.I remember him flattening a couple Bruins.

I like the idea of Gavrikov, but where does he slot in and whose coming out?
That is Grizz for sure if they add him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad