Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
If the Blues want/expect any of those types of players for Barbashev, have fun watching him walk for nothing.

That's just ludicrous to even suggest.
What are you talking about? I said you ask to speak to his agent for a sign and trade. If they say no it ends there.

27-year old UFA Barbashev doesn't get you any of these guys straight up.

Frederic alone has basically the same production as Barbashev this year and is 25-year old RFA. So right there it's a safe assumption Frederic has more value, if only for contract control.

A lot of people are ignoring the impact on the room when they suggest shipping out solid guys like Gryz, Clifton and Forbort for what some would consider lesser players in the likes of Schenn, Andrew Peeke, and other D-men tossed around this thread.

I'm going to say shipping out a Clifton just to bring in Luke Schenn's lead feet would go over in the room like a wet fart.
A signed Barbashev certainly does.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I wonder if Nashville will be selling.
Colton Sissons could be good for the 3rd or 4th line. Can play C or RW. Wins draws and plays PK. Probably equal to or better than anyone in our bottom 6 not named Hall or Coyle. Nosek insurance while improving upon Smith/Greer. Also signed mid term.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
@Fenway or @Gee Wally

When can we have a thread on legit rumors with no proposals?

You know, Sweeney is not waiting until trade deadline.

just my personal opinion, when we get closer to the deadline or if a real true rumor comes up we’ll go with its own specific thread.

Otherwise it will just go off the rails within a handful of posts if we open a rumor thread right now just in case.

Biggest issue is some cant discern between proposal or speculation versus an actual rumor from the interwebs.

thats the best I got right now anyway. But Im only one voice amongst the staff here.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
This would mean Grz or Carlo would need to be traded.... I dont know. I just dont see it

I wouldnt be surprised if DS does little to nothing. And uses Debrusk return as a sparksplug (offense).... plus Reilly is eligible to play in the playoffs

Reilly is a decent offensive D. Except has a floater instead of a real slap shot

At the trade deadline:

Hoping for:
Barbashev and Chychrun

Decent chance instead:
Lafferty and Schenn

Not surprised If:
No moves made

So like to fit Chychrun THIS year, I think you can get away with trying to include Smith and/or Reilly in the deal. In the long run when you start talking about Bergeron/Krejci bonus and Swayman raise and Frederic raise and Zacha raise and Pasta raise... well then you are probably moving out Gryz/Carlo + Forbort.

But I mean, Chychrun or no, there are going to have to be CHANGES this offseason to account for all those raises. Just buying out Reilly and waiving goodbye to Foligno and Smith doesn't cover it. Does getting a Chychrun now make those offseason changes less painful? I think so.

(You can sub Gavrikov for Chychrun if you think you can get him for about the same $$$ as Chychrun next but spending less in assets for the trade)

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Dom - besides the usual suspects, do you have any names that may be obtainable (not necessarily just for Bruins) that we are not hearing about? (that you can share). Under the radar names not being discussed much, but could find new home soon....

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
just my personal opinion, when we get closer to the deadline or if a real true rumor comes up we’ll go with its own specific thread.

Otherwise it will just go off the rails within a handful of posts if we open a rumor thread right now just in case.

Biggest issue is some cant discern between proposal or speculation versus an actual rumor from the interwebs.

thats the best I got right now anyway. But Im only one voice amongst the staff here.
or it'll be like the main board free fall

Reactions: Kegs

RI.B FAN

Jul 14, 2002
JAMESTOWN RI
Visit site
Gavrikov is to me a legit upgrade. My stance is if the Bruins are going to bring in a D-man, especially considering the time it will take to adjust to a new system, the guy they get had better be a sure-fire legit upgrade. I would consider Gavrikov to be that. As I would Chychrun.

But even for say Clifton to find himself upstairs for a Luke Schenn. Or for Gryz or Forbort to get bumped out for Andrew Peeke. Even if they are not traded out, it's a bad move for the chemistry in the room, because they could actually be considered downgrades from the guys they already have. I don't want to see Gryz or Clifton and theu playoff experience sat for Andrew Peeke and his zero playoff games.

And it's not like the current Top 6 isn't successful, considering they helped the Bruins to 1st in GAA by a wide margin. Honestly I don't really understand why so many want to change the D-corps to begin with. Probably because of some bizarre height/weight requirement.
History dictates that injuries to Dmen are going to happen. Griz and Carlo are suspect in a big series, we will need a guy like this

Reactions: Gordoff

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
@Fenway or @Gee Wally

When can we have a thread on legit rumors with no proposals?

You know, Sweeney is not waiting until trade deadline.
Wouldn’t there be less than ten posts in this future thread? I’d love to see it. A place where I can reference insider tidbits only. Yes please.

I do think it will simplify the poached articles but not my problem.

Reactions: Kegs

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Would much rather use our first for a better talent than Toews IMO.

You can get Acciari who has equal 5v5 numbers as Toews and is much more physical at half the cost.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad