Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Whatttt timo Meier!? Dope.
Meier is a client of Lemieux, interesting, but it would be pretty shocking to see the Bruins be the winner of the Meier sweepstakes, furthermore being able to sign him, love the tease though.

Reactions: Kegs

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Meier is a client of Lemieux, interesting, but it would be pretty shocking to see the Bruins be the winner of the Meier sweepstakes, furthermore being able to sign him, love the tease though.

I agree, I'd be shocked if they could pull that off. I'm not sure what that sort of package would be like... DeBrusk, 1st, Lysell, and probably another piece?

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If I could be a fly on the wall for any singular conversation it would be when Cam Neely sits down and talks possible contract extension with Claude Lemieux.

That would be worth @DKH pension to me.

LKf4i5Tvt7mE0.gif

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I have no problems taking Schenn as a depth piece, but that's not the only thing I'd like to see them do.

I'd like to see a decent upgrade over Nosek, too.

Reactions: Gordoff

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
just my personal opinion, when we get closer to the deadline or if a real true rumor comes up we’ll go with its own specific thread.

Otherwise it will just go off the rails within a handful of posts if we open a rumor thread right now just in case.

Biggest issue is some cant discern between proposal or speculation versus an actual rumor from the interwebs.

thats the best I got right now anyway. But Im only one voice amongst the staff here.
I’m with Wally on this one.

Any time we’ve tried this, the “legit” thread devolves quickly into the standard thread, splitting the conversation into two different spots. Only difference is the bickering between folks as to what constitutes legitimacy.

I always agreed with those who argued for this separation, but I don’t know how to keep them clean. That said, I think we’re all open to ideas.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Debrusk is not being traded.

Source?

I’m with Wally on this one.

Any time we’ve tried this, the “legit” thread devolves quickly into the standard thread, splitting the conversation into two different spots. Only difference is the bickering between folks as to what constitutes legitimacy.

I always agreed with those who argued for this separation, but I don’t know how to keep them clean. That said, I think we’re all open to ideas.

Only way you make that work is the hypothetical thread is for tweets/article links only. No discussion. Discussion takes place in this thread.

Common sense

Yea no.

Everybody is movable for the right price.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Thing is, Grier will allow a team to talk extension with Lemieux IF they get an offer they like, unlike Columbus who has given GM's the chance to talk to Gavrikov's agent.

I believe they have reached out to Gavrikov's and they have an in with Meier's
Trading for Meier, hmm makes me wonder if the pasta talks aren’t going well unless Evan has some leprechaun gold in his pocket

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Thing is, Grier will allow a team to talk extension with Lemieux IF they get an offer they like, unlike Columbus who has given GM's the chance to talk to Gavrikov's agent.

I believe they have reached out to Gavrikov's and they have an in with Meier's
Oh wow. The Columbus fans gave the impression Gavrikov was heart set on getting the whole UFA experience.

Really interesting.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Barbashev has 3 goals and 9 points in 50 playoff games. He has zero goals and 3 assists in the 25 games that weren't in 2019. I wouldn't move much for him at all.

A name I haven't seen mentioned that I would like the Bruins to look at is Kyle Okposo. It may be tough with the 6 mil cap hit but I think he would fit well with Coyle and Hall on the 3rd line and bolsters our shallow RW depth. Good locker room guy. Maybe he can force his way here with that 15 team no trade a la Hall?

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Barbashev has 3 goals and 9 points in 50 playoff games. He has zero goals and 3 assists in the 25 games that weren't in 2019. I wouldn't move much for him at all.

A name I haven't seen mentioned that I would like the Bruins to look at is Kyle Okposo. It may be tough with the 6 mil cap hit but I think he would fit well with Coyle and Hall on the 3rd line and bolsters our shallow RW depth. Good locker room guy. Maybe he can force his way here with that 15 team no trade a la Hall?
Sabres just named Okposo their captain this season, he’s not going anywhere.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
just my personal opinion, when we get closer to the deadline or if a real true rumor comes up we’ll go with its own specific thread.

Otherwise it will just go off the rails within a handful of posts if we open a rumor thread right now just in case.

Biggest issue is some cant discern between proposal or speculation versus an actual rumor from the interwebs.

thats the best I got right now anyway. But Im only one voice amongst the staff here.
Do the rumors need to be hockey related ?
If not, I can spin a few doozies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad