Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
You also don't want to empty too much that there's nothing nothing left either.

Retool. Regroup. Contend.

This team will always be in the hunt, imo. Can't go crazy just because it might be Bergy's last. Obviously get a player of substance, but we're still in a really good position regardless, imo

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I think there's a real fear that if Lindholm goes down, slotting Grz and Forbort up a role and inserting Zboril/Reilly could spell doom for a deep playoff run. McAvoy/Carlo/Grz also don't have the cleanest injury sheets either. For as good as Grz is at what he does best, he's playing the least amount of minutes since his rookie year and there's a reason for that. If the Bruins can get another heavy load lifter for 5v5 and the PK to help take some of the burden off Lindholm, I think it would help the team.

The defense is as deep and talented there is in the league 1-6, but with the sense of urgency stemming from this being the potential last hurrah for one/two/maybe even three of our veteran core, rolling the dice and not upgrading the blueline could be what derails this team's trip to late May/June hockey.

They can still make a deal; just because that's what they ask doesn't necessarily mean that's what they'll get. But yeah, that is a silly ask from Arizona and if true, Boston rightfully said no.
I also get the sense that Sweeny is trying to get ahead of the game, whether that is because he will lose his left d in one to two years' time, or because he is losing Pasta is the $64,000 question.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What are we holding back the farm for if this might be the end? Empty the chamber.

I mean sure don't do anything silly like that Arizona deal.

I'm not opposed to giving up the farm, but it had to be for the right player,

Like I am more than willing to trade Lysell, Lohrei and a good bit more in a deal for Meier,

i'm not willing to give up a Lysell or Lohrei for a Gavrikov.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Since Gavrikov signed with Columbus, he ranks 2nd among their dmen ( 1st among LD ) in SH TOI, 5th ( 2nd among LD ) in 5v5 TOI, and 4th in overall TOI ( 2nd among LD ).

He would give the Bruins a big, mobile dman who can eat minutes at 5v5 and the PK, which would make Grz and Forbort potential flex options depending on need, injury and/or performance.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Like I am more than willing to trade Lysell, Lohrei and a good bit more in a deal for Meier,

I’m here with you

I would give up a Lohrei a 1 and Reilly for Hanifin

I’d get Barbashev and see if they want to retain

Since Gavrikov signed with Columbus, he ranks 2nd among their dmen ( 1st among LD ) in SH TOI, 5th ( 2nd among LD ) in 5v5 TOI, and 4th in overall TOI ( 2nd among LD ).

He would give the Bruins a big, mobile dman who can eat minutes at 5v5 and the PK, which would make Grz and Forbort potential flex options depending on need, injury and/or performance.
No way I’m giving a 1 for him

the 2nd year on his deal is an issue for this team
He’s on IR and don’t think Guerin wants to deal

Reactions: bbfan419

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
And I guess that's the whole point here - concern over "the right player"

The "right player", for me, should be one that unequivocally and quantifiably strengthens their chances at a Cup - I'm not so convinced that the "right player" is one that we pick up in case one of the existing players goes down. However, I can understand those who feel risk mitigation is indeed a viable approach.

I think you’re overthinking it. Gavrikov is an upgrade on any of our D not named Charlie or Hampus. He also gives you different options such as having a Top 4 D on your 3rd line or playing with McAvoy in late games/protecting a lead etc

Reactions: quietbruinfan

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

I would do a signed Gavrikov for Lohrei in a heart beat

Reactions: Gordoff

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
The Jackets’ reporter from the Athletic is reporting that he thinks a deal for Gavrikov is in place it’s just waiting on the second team to clear space.

That sure sounds like it’s us.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
From the main board.... Yikes!!!!

He'll never get traded if this is what they're expecting in return.

REPORT: Coyotes substantial asking price from Bruins for Jakob Chychrun revealed

''According to that same source, NHL trade chatter amongst pro scouts and management had the Coyotes asking for either Bruins winger Jake DeBrusk or goalie Jeremy Swayman, a 2023 first round pick, 2024 third round pick, and one of their top prospects in forward Fabian Lysell (Providence Bruins), or defenseman Mason Lohrei (Ohio State). The Bruins gave an emphatic no to DeBrusk and Swayman being involved in any trade not just for Chychrun but with any NHL team.‘'

If Sweeney did this I'd take the first flight I could get to Boston with a rope to hang him from the nearest lamp post. Chychrun isn't worth that even if his injury history wasn't what it is.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I don’t know who or what is the best fit for us in trades, too many others on the board with some great posts about who and what. Great discussion points! What I will say is the trading deadline and late season deals has come a long way from the days of us trading Mike O’Connell for Reed Larson……

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We can do a lot better to bolster our bottom 6 then Motte.

Yeah, he's a decent 4th line player, but that is all he is. there is no real upside. He is not a guy who could swap in on the 3rd or higher line. and at 1.3 million, he is cheap, but not that cheap; although i would guess Ottawa would retain the max just because why not.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad