Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
This is a special team with a group of special players and coaches. It is built to the Stanley Cup.
Anyone brought in here better be just as special and appreciative.
Still believe that special player is going to say, "I want to be a Bruin" and it will be so. If they're coming here to build their resume for UFA status or whatever or other selfish reasons they can stay home.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
He doesn’t need to move the player though. So does he care if he’s alone again?
He doesn't, but he's in a unique position to move a valuable player on a great contract (a very rare thing these days) for some excellent assets.

Since Arizona is nowhere near contending for much of anything, their eye should be to the future. But if he's not careful, pretty soon he's going to burn off another year off that contract and Chychrun will be that much less valuable.

Plus, it's not a good look to jerk Chychrun around again. Unless you really love the American West (and it is beautiful) Arizona isn't exactly a preferred NHL destination I'd assume.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
What's the story with Toews? He supposedly had the flu but I don't think he has come back. I would be leery of a guy with an immune deficiency condition that caused him to miss a season, becoming sick and not playing again.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
The longer Bill Armstrong holds off on a deal, the more he might find himself alone at the poker table.
It feels like the Bruins and Kings made solid offers for Chychrun, but when the report came out that Armstrong was willing to eat salary, it seems like he is trying to drive up the price and see if another team offers more.

Hence we are hearing the Bruins' interest in Gravikov.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Again....

You don't think I realize this?
I'm sure all the clubs talking to ARI are aware of this too, but I'm also guessing they don't want their time wasted too.
I'm sure Chychrun is absolutely enthralled about this situation too.... This situation has been going on for a period of time now.
Teams are dropping out, we'll see if BA gets the reported asking price or if Chychrun stays again. I'm starting to think the later is going to be.

Reactions: RustyBruins72

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This is a special team with a group of special players and coaches. It is built to the Stanley Cup.
Anyone brought in here better be just as special and appreciative.
Still believe that special player is going to say, "I want to be a Bruin" and it will be so. If they're coming here to build their resume for UFA status or whatever or other selfish reasons they can stay home.

By now the Bruins culture is almost legendary. You'd have to be a first class idiot to show up in that room and be selfish. And the players wouldn't stand for it.

Plus, hopefully after the MM fiasco, management would have a good feel for the character of whoever they're trading for.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
You don't think I realize this?
I'm sure all the clubs talking to ARI are aware of this too, but I'm also guessing they don't want their time wasted too.
I'm sure Chychrun is absolutely enthralled about this situation too.... This situation has been going on for a period of time now.
Teams are dropping out, we'll see if BA gets the reported asking price or if Chychrun stays again. I'm starting to think the later is going to be.
To be clear, my response was a shot at Armstrong not you.

I think if we don't see him moved this week we start seeing GMs go for their plan B early so they don't get stuck mired with Armstrong down to the clock.

Reactions: Gordoff and bme44

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
FWIW

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
FWIW

Oh my. Would be a good addition for the playoffs assuming the Bs wouldn't have to give up much to get him. Bit of a prick who likes to hit. Thing is, he actually has some skill and is a pain in the ass to play against. Bs could definitely use someone like him in the bottom 6 come playoff time.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
FWIW

Well that sucks, it's Haggerty so no chance we get Barbashev now.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Prediction: ad grit and elite player
Barbashev
Scheen
Chychrun
we want the cup!

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
Except that Chychrun has publicly stated that he wants a trade. Keeping him after pulling him from the lineup is corrosive to the Yotes team chemistry. Chychrun has not backed off his trade demand. The Yotes need to move on. Make a deal, get the best package you can, use your draft picks and re-build. I think he gets moved.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Oh my. Would be a good addition for the playoffs assuming the Bs wouldn't have to give up much to get him. Bit of a prick who likes to hit. Thing is, he actually has some skill and is a pain in the ass to play against. Bs could definitely use someone like him in the bottom 6 come playoff time.
I agree here bigtime

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
FWIW

Now this is an upgrade on a Freddy/Smith. All for it, although.. He is a rental and will need a contract and I expect a healthy raise at that.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
For integrity of the game I'd hope at some point the league would step in. If they continue to keep holding him out of games.

Kind of a different view. Maybe Arizona has zero intentions on trading him unless blown away: Brandt for example.

Arizona sucks and going after Bedard. Chychrun is a good player. I’d say he’s a game changer and helps Arizona win more than being a reason for loss.

Maybe Arizona abusing this situation a little. Keeps him from getting hurt. Less wear and tear… coming off a wrist injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad