GDT: #21; Saving Private Jones. Oilers v Canucks - Feb 23 - 8 PM on SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Rishaug is pretty much the ambulance chaser for the org. Anytime a player goes off ice or is missing from practice he insinuates the worst.

Edit: that said, it's clear that Drai is nursing some sort of injury in this case. Probably resting him as much as possible.

I like Rishaug alot. He’s usually pragmatic in his reporting and pretty objective. The guy is on it in terms of what’s happening without the hyperbole of most Oil ‘media.’ Nice to have a professionally trained broadcast nedia member good at chasing stories, able to ask coherent questions, and sift through information to report on what is known.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
:laugh: I'm stealing that one

Take it. I’ll be practicing new material tonight. I love making in fun of Vancouver as well. I lived there for 5 years in the 90’s. What an uneducated fanbase when it comes to hockey. They talk funny out there.
Come to think of it, maybe it was me who talked funny. They called us all Newfies

Reactions: yukoner88

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I like Rishaug alot. He’s usually pragmatic in his reporting and pretty objective. The guy is on it in terms of what’s happening without the hyperbole of most Oil ‘media.’ Nice to have a professionally trained broadcast nedia member good at chasing stories, able to ask coherent questions, and sift through information to report on what is known.

He's alright compared to a lot of the other sports media guys here but he definitely comes across as an ambulance chaser type and I'll never forget the Montoya thing:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Rishaug is pretty much the ambulance chaser for the org. Anytime a player goes off ice or is missing from practice he insinuates the worst.

Edit: that said, it's clear that Drai is nursing some sort of injury in this case. Probably resting him as much as possible.
The scary part is multiple times he's admitted that he can't read numbers as he's watching some feed on a tablet or something.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Hoping Nurse - Bear ends up being a thing again soon and then they can re-balance the D.

Russell-Larsson was excellent vs CGY but only a matter of time before they get hemmed in. Nurse-Barrie frustrates me. I think things change in around 5 games once Bear is back.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007

I’ve noticed this with Rishaug, that’s why I usually take everything he tweets with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Oilhawks

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
Hoping Nurse - Bear ends up being a thing again soon and then they can re-balance the D.

Russell-Larsson was excellent vs CGY but only a matter of time before they get hemmed in. Nurse-Barrie frustrates me. I think things change in around 5 games once Bear is back.

Yeah, Larsson and Russell need to play with guys who can move the puck (Lagesson is actually a competent puck mover which is why that pairing worked). Nurse/Barrie has big upsides, but will give up a lot over time, as well.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

I hope Nurse - Bear isn't a thing anymore. Nurse - Barrie is a better pairing.

Also if Jones is in I think we find a way to lose.

Reactions: Keggatron

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Without question! Love Rishaug’s reporting.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Jones Bouchard 3rd pairing and P. Russell in for Neal
I'll never understand this need to scratch Neal while Chiasson keeps playing when Neal does everything better, and possesses something nobody else in the bottom 6 has in how strong he is in puck battles and how good he is on the cycle.

Reactions: Debbie Mathers

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
I'll never understand this need to scratch Neal while Chiasson keeps playing when Neal does everything better, and possesses something nobody else in the bottom 6 has in how strong he is in puck battles and how good he is on the cycle.

Neal stayed in Edmonton so probably wont play other game either...maybe not 100%

Reactions: 3IR

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Matthews will be doing the old-man comb-over fairly soon.
DpPbFk_VsAAeUMY.jpg

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
Reports are nealer has a virus of the non rona variety

Reactions: 3IR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad