GDT: #21; Saving Private Jones. Oilers v Canucks - Feb 23 - 8 PM on SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
View attachment 399652 I just realized something on TV here

That stupid Santa Fe Hyundai commercial where the kid pisses himself in the back seat has changed . He makes it out now.
wasn’t well directed that stupid commercial.

Really? Interesting...that must have just happened. I felt it was a bit of an awkward commercial to be honest.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Hey all, Tyler here....

agenda for the night

1. Go number 2
2. Eat some chicken and KD
3. Put my son to bed
4. Watch the Oilers kick some butt crack (if I can stay up for the entire thing)

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Shit I meant to quote the post below this...lol

Same here. I’ve been reading this book as recommended by Lex Fridman. Oh the looks I was getting when I went to pay for it...:laugh:
I got the audio book of that, holy shit is it long and in depth

don't think I even got to the war yet

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Really? Interesting...that must have just happened. I felt it was a bit of an awkward commercial to be honest.
Exactly
Your trying to sell a vehicle and the highlife of the commercial is some kid pisses himself. Maybe Hyundai could have got 2 birds stoned at once . Could have made it a Depends diaper commercial as well at same time
6200328D-421C-4063-B404-9AB9CBEE4E1C.jpeg

Reactions: Oilhawks

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Nucks will be desperate and probably aren’t as bad a team as their record indicates. Bit worried about this game, too much winning can make e Oilers complacent but also the skill on this team might be able to over come these lulls this year.

Take the series and we are right there with the Leafs. Let’s see what this team has!

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
He's alright compared to a lot of the other sports media guys here but he definitely comes across as an ambulance chaser type and I'll never forget the Montoya thing:

Not Rishaug's best look. Think he might have been a bit embarrassed by Montoya's reaction and wrongly, likely impulsively took it to Twitter. Not sure what the media availability requirements are with the league/team and its players but certainly not the reporter's best moment. Everyone has a mistake or three, this wasn't a good look for Rishaug but he's a dogged reporter, gets the goods rights overwhelmingly most of the time, and keeps to the facts without overhyping and hyperbolic of a lot of local Edmonton sports reporting. Refreshing to listen to succinct clear line of questioning.

He's best in my books. But most def. not infallible as the situation you present!

Reactions: Oilhawks

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
[I just realized something on TV here

That stupid Santa Fe Hyundai commercial where the kid pisses himself in the back seat has changed . He makes it out now.
wasn’t well directed that stupid commercial.

Haha I was waiting for that commercial as well after you posted this and saw it right before I went upstairs for dinner.

Seems a kid pissing himself in the back seat isn’t good for your brand.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

OfCorsiDid

Ah shit, here we go again
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Not Rishaug's best look. Think he might have been a bit embarrassed by Montoya's reaction and wrongly, likely impulsively took it to Twitter. Not sure what the media availability requirements are with the league/team and its players but certainly not the reporter's best moment. Everyone has a mistake or three, this wasn't a good look for Rishaug but he's a dogged reporter, gets the goods rights overwhelmingly most of the time, and keeps to the facts without overhyping and hyperbolic of a lot of local Edmonton sports reporting. Refreshing to listen to succinct clear line of questioning.

He's best in my books. But most def. not infallible as the situation you present!

I mean realistically the Edmonton media is just a bunch of parading clowns with Rishaug being the least clowny of all.
chrome_ovcCmOxn7m.png

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I mean realistically the Edmonton media is just a bunch of parading clowns with Rishaug being the least clowny of all.
View attachment 399705

haha. Being in the clowns. Sports journalism, a term I use lightly, is too often glorified jock sniffing and fart catching with softball questions for cliche answers.

Still, I like Rishaug’s reporting and agree there is a bit of a low bar.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Yeah I honestly don't mind him and like him better than most of the other Edmonton media. He's dedicated and seems to be a grinder, which I think is what leads to the quick posts about a player taking a shot in practice (and ending up playing that night) that makes fans panic. That Montoya situation is pretty embarrassing but he'd probably admit today that he would have rather taken a step back, a deep breath and move on.

It's also nothing on the recent Matheson, Spector, Jones type of questions that elicit thinly veiled eye rolls from players and counter questions from coaches.

Matheson made RNH roll his eyes and sigh again after the rout against the Flames, thought we'd hear "What do you want me to say, Jim" again, LOL

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

OfCorsiDid

Ah shit, here we go again
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
haha. Being in the clowns. Sports journalism, a term I use lightly, is too often glorified jock sniffing and fart catching with softball questions for cliche answers.

Still, I like Rishaug’s reporting and agree there is a bit of a low bar.

I agree, but Rishaug earned full-time clown status with the Montoya and "Trenches" tweets. Still he's better than most, which again as you said, is a low bar.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I bet we could come up with a list of questions. We pick a mod to go ask the questions at the press conference.

do we have any mods that can speak proper sentences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->