GDT: #21; Saving Private Jones. Oilers v Canucks - Feb 23 - 8 PM on SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
I'll never understand this need to scratch Neal while Chiasson keeps playing when Neal does everything better, and possesses something nobody else in the bottom 6 has in how strong he is in puck battles and how good he is on the cycle.

I'm assuming Neal is not fit to play, as he is not joining the team on the trip. Regardless, Chiasson and Neal are pretty much the same player IMO. Not much separates the two. Together they make up two thirds of a pretty good 3rd/4th line. Wish they could both be in the lineup.

Reactions: LTIR

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Last 12

L w w w
L w w w
L w w w

Bad news... Tonight is a loss. Then we beat them next and the Leafs twice. Can't argue math.haha

Reactions: Biltmore

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
as a wings fan, can someone tell me why i’ve watched every Oilers game this year.

giphy.gif

You're one of us now.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
How about them refs? Who are they this time?
Incoming 5-6 PKs?
Not sure if your question has been answered but we're getting Furlatt and Schlenker. The Oilers record with Schlenker is pretty poor. Schlenker is also from Medicine Hat, where I live. He used to be with the Medicine Hat Police Service and would ref WHL games. He turned pro a few years back.

Could be worse though...the Blackhawks and Blue Jackets get Steve Kozari and Chris Lee :biglaugh:.

Feb 9, 2013
Last 12

L w w w
L w w w
L w w w

Bad news... Tonight is a loss. Then we beat them next and the Leafs twice. Can't argue math.haha

My math is as follows... we beat the (F)Lames 7 - 1, the (F)Lames beat the Leafs 3 - 0. So, come our game against the Leafs, we should beat them 10 - 1. Same mathematically sound logic.

As for the Canucks, I am hoping for a sweep of both games.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Nygard hasn't been very good this year, he shattered his hand and needed surgery. It's too bad, he was on a heater when it happened.

Patrick Russell was a bottom 3 NHL player last year.

I am glad he got a point earlier but it was off a puck he whiffed that took a fortunate bounce. Nygard at least brings speed and can make plays. I think Tippett likes him because he hits and Nygard does not.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Patrick Russell was a bottom 3 NHL player last year.

I am glad he got a point earlier but it was off a puck he whiffed that took a fortunate bounce. Nygard at least brings speed and can make plays. I think Tippett likes him because he hits and Nygard does not.

Interestingly, Russell was one of the unluckiest players in the league last year. I have a bit of a soft spot for him because his effort is never in question, though he's far from the most skilled guy.

It was also against the Canucks that he got his first NHL goal and was then called back. Lousy rotten Travis Green. I'm also going to enjoy watching McDavid roast Markstrom on an open fire for the next six years.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Skar

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Interestingly, Russell was one of the unluckiest players in the league last year. I have a bit of a soft spot for him because his effort is never in question, though he's far from the most skilled guy.

It was also against the Canucks that he got his first NHL goal and was then called back. Lousy rotten Travis Green. I'm also going to enjoy watching McDavid roast Markstrom on an open fire for the next six years.

He had ample time to get up and slide over. BS call

Was this the same game where Horvat went Messi and they let his soccer kick stand? I was so mad at that one.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He had ample time to get up and slide over. BS call

Was this the same game where Horvat went Messi and they let his soccer kick stand? I was so mad at that one.

Oh, probably. I don't remember the game, but I remember the play youre talking about though. I was so sure it was going to be called back I went to the bathroom and I was FLOORED when my wife told me they counted it. Bush league.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I was actually working in Edmonton in 06 and got to witness it 1st hand. Man there was some good parties on Whyte Ave after victories . I got to see a lot of ta-tas flashed. Good times
They dont call it Alber-TA for nothing, wink wink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad