GDT: #21; Saving Private Jones. Oilers v Canucks - Feb 23 - 8 PM on SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
Shit I meant to quote the post below this...lol

Ah f*** here we go. The injuries.
Same here. I’ve been reading this book as recommended by Lex Fridman. Oh the looks I was getting when I went to pay for it...:laugh:

Attachments

• 210779E0-82B8-4EA6-86F6-7594452723B7.jpeg
    210779E0-82B8-4EA6-86F6-7594452723B7.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: Messrules11

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I dont mind Russell being in but I just dont think he should be in before a Nygard. I feel like he hasnt really been given a shot this year.

Hopefully for Jones sake, he has a good game (if he plays). He doesnt seem to have much rope with Tippett these days.

Kind of scared of this game. Feels like a trap.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Canucks are fragile.

Oilers are confident .

I like our chances in this two game series.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Last 12

L w w w
L w w w
L w w w

Bad news... Tonight is a loss. Then we beat them next and the Leafs twice. Can't argue math.haha

Or if we look at it from the beginning of the year:

L w L
L w L
w L L
w w w L
w w w L
w w w ?

The first two 3 game segments followed one pattern, it changed in the next 3 game segment, then there was a new pattern for two 4 game segments. Is this segment part of the same 4 game pattern expressed now 3 times over, or is it the start of a new pattern?

iu

iu

giphy.gif

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Last 12

L w w w
L w w w
L w w w

Bad news... Tonight is a loss. Then we beat them next and the Leafs twice. Can't argue math.haha

Frankly, if they lost tonight, then won three straight before losing the fourth game in that set, I'd be okay with that 5 game stretch. Would likely close the gap a tiny bit on Toronto.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
C9FAA436-9A2D-4219-A2C9-1318799CCC8B.jpeg
I just realized something on TV here

That stupid Santa Fe Hyundai commercial where the kid pisses himself in the back seat has changed . He makes it out now.
wasn’t well directed that stupid commercial.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Or if we look at it from the beginning of the year:

L w L
L w L
w L L
w w w L
w w w L
w w w ?

The first two 3 game segments followed one pattern, it changed in the next 3 game segment, then there was a new pattern for two 4 game segments. Is this segment part of the same 4 game pattern expressed now 3 times over, or is it the start of a new pattern?

Or the first ten games were two five game segments to start
L W L L W
L W L L W

Followed by 2 four game segments of:

W W L W
W W L W

We've started the next stretch W W, so who knows what will happen.

Ultimately, since this season is exactly Eight 7-games series' (like playoffs). So far, they've gone:

3-4
4-3

They are currently 5-1 in the current 7 game segment suggesting the pattern could be 5-2 making tonight a loss.

However, the pattern also suggests it would be followed by a 6-1 run in the next seven game segment which would kick ass since four of the games are vs. Toronto and Calgary.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I do love me some European history, I’ll have to check it out.

It’s widely recognized as one of the best accounts of the era. Shirer was a US Correspondant who was stationed in Germany during the interwar years and saw first hand how the Nazis came to power and eventually ruled. It’s not a light read but a very important one and I am sure any reader today can see parallels to what is happening in some countries today.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Or the first ten games were two five game segments to start
L W L L W
L W L L W

Followed by 2 four game segments of:

W W L W
W W L W

We've started the next stretch W W, so who knows what will happen.

Ultimately, since this season is exactly Eight 7-games series' (like playoffs). So far, they've gone:

3-4
4-3

They are currently 5-1 in the current 7 game segment suggesting the pattern could be 5-2 making tonight a loss.

However, the pattern also suggests it would be followed by a 6-1 run in the next seven game segment which would kick ass since four of the games are vs. Toronto and Calgary.

I see somebody else doesn't want to do actual work today either. :thumbu:

Reactions: bone

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Shit I meant to quote the post below this...lol

Same here. I’ve been reading this book as recommended by Lex Fridman. Oh the looks I was getting when I went to pay for it...:laugh:
As others have already said, excellent, excellent read.

And I got the same looks, haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: xoczar99ox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad