Transfer: 2024 Winter Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Yeah, the better way is xG, where Gabriel excels. And he scores more than Maddison to boot.

Yes, I thought it was fairly obvious. And you’ll get defensive because you think he’s great because he’s a butcher.

The stretches you make to take shots at Spurs players is something else.

It sounds like the challenges Romero makes is clouding your judgment. There's more to his game than that. For example, he's one of the better centre-backs on the ball around, but few will actually acknowledge that.

Equating him to Mustafi and Soyuncu is such an awful take.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Yes, I thought it was fairly obvious. And you’ll get defensive because you think he’s great because he’s a butcher.
Both things can be true at the same time. Look at Lisandro at United too. Both World Cup champs as well.

Back OT: Fornals at Betis.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The stretches you make to take shots at Spurs players is something else.

It sounds like the challenges Romero makes is clouding your judgment. There's more to his game than that. For example, he's one of the better centre-backs on the ball around, but few will actually acknowledge that.

Equating him to Mustafi and Soyuncu is such an awful take.
I just think it’s funny than a CB has more goals than a dude who just the other day made fun of someone for not scoring enough goals after getting pissy said someone dared to celebrate in the same way.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I just think it’s funny than a CB has more goals than a dude who just the other day made fun of someone for not scoring enough goals after getting pissy said someone dared to celebrate in the same way.
Well, you do realize that Maddison has scored plenty of goals since before march of last year? And that he's been out for a couple months now? Such absurd cherry-picking. Just to try and dunk on him for having a go at one of the most notorious shit disturbers in the league. I think Maupay can take it mate.

However you just compared Romero to Mustafi and Soyuncu so I can't say I'm surprised by your bad takes.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's ok, I joined the Spurs bandwagon this year. And let's be honest, it's not like any of us had ever heard of this kid before this week.
Bergvall? If it's him you're talking about, he's been on my keeper list for 2 years. Highly regret not picking him up in my pool because he's going to be much more expensive now.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Bergvall? If it's him you're talking about, he's been on my keeper list for 2 years. Highly regret not picking him up in my pool because he's going to be much more expensive now.
Congrats. I just heard of him a couple of months back when I saw him on the guardian's nextgen list. Anyway, Spurs need him more. There's probably a couple Bergvalls in La Masia as we speak.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nope, there aren't.
Bergvall is a real talent. He might not pan out, but he's not a dime a dozen prospect by any means.

La Masia has had a lot of trouble the last years. Yamal, Gavi and Balde are the only real significant talents in the last few years.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Well, you do realize that Maddison has scored plenty of goals since before march of last year? And that he's been out for a couple months now? Such absurd cherry-picking. Just to try and dunk on him for having a go at one of the most notorious shit disturbers in the league. I think Maupay can take it mate.

However you just compared Romero to Mustafi and Soyuncu so I can't say I'm surprised by your bad takes.
He’s played 8 fewer games than Gabriel over a ten month sample and has scored fewer goals. And we’re talking about a CB. I’m sorry this fact makes you feel so defensive. I also didn’t say Romero was the level of Mustafi and Soyuncu, just that the same reasons people overrated those players lead to people overrating Romero.

Then again, you’ve consistently misrepresented my statements, so I can’t say I’m surprised by your inability to read.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I d
Nope, there aren't.
Bergvall is a real talent. He might not pan out, but he's not a dime a dozen prospect by any means.

La Masia has had a lot of trouble the last years. Yamal, Gavi and Balde are the only real significant talents in the last few years.

I don't know, even Darvich has had trouble breaking into the second team squad, if Catalonia can produce something it's quality midfielders. Keep an eye out for 15yo Guille.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
He’s played 8 fewer games than Gabriel over a ten month sample and has scored fewer goals. And we’re talking about a CB. I’m sorry this fact makes you feel so defensive. I also didn’t say Romero was the level of Mustafi and Soyuncu, just that the same reasons people overrated those players lead to people overrating Romero.
Deciding to count only goals from last march onward is the most random ass criteria. Hence why I say you are cherrypicking. The fact that you decided to look up these statistics is hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HeHateMeFrisbee

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Then again, you’ve consistently misrepresented my statements, so I can’t say I’m surprised by your inability to read.

Maddison has 8 goal contributions in 12 PL matches, which is a better rate than every single Arsenal player.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Deciding to count only goals from last march onward is the most random ass criteria. Hence why I say you are cherrypicking. The fact that you decided to look up these statistics is hilarious.

Your opinion of Romero is pretty well documented and you embarass yourself every time.

I'd love to see you argue in a court of law by the way.
I didn’t look them up, I saw them on twitter.

Embarrass myself? No more than Tottenham’s defense does. I was told that Tottenham’s strategy is to be okay with a defense that gives away a lot of chances because their keeper is so good. Now I have to hear about how their CB doesn’t give away chances. The narrative shifts again.

Maddison has 8 goal contributions in 12 PL matches, which is a better rate than every single Arsenal player.
And still fewer goals in the last ten months than a CB. Reiss Nelson had the same goal contribution rate as Son last year, if that’s the game you wanna play.

Last edited by a moderator:

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I know Atlanta is holding out for a big payday, but surprised met it for Almada. Probably will move post Olympics. But i have been thinking the same for 3 or 4 transfer windows now.

Not a ton of outbound movement of big sales by MLS teams this window. The biggest of the two sales (Cowell and Vasquez) both went to Liga MX.

I bunch of potentially good incoming signings though, mostly young or just entering their prime players. Plus the windows is still open for another month or so.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Nope, there aren't.

So you did not include Xavi Simons?

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Nope, there aren't.

And Ansu, shame about that knee. Ruined career now though. There were plenty of other talents that for some reason were rejected like Grimaldo (I know this one is older).

We have young players down there that look good like Cubarsi or Darvich.

Chadi Riad is a player we sold to Betis and heard we will buy back this summer, he established himself as a starter playing quite good alongside Pezzella.

So you did not include Xavi Simons?
Him too. I forgot. We could really use him now 🤣

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Westham looking like am attractive employer right now
If I get my passport sorted, I should offer my services. I actually know how to enter data into a computer in a timely fashion.

What an absolute shambles. They're my Prem team, but sometimes they make it goddamn difficult.

Edit: Having said that, apparently FIFA have adjudicated in favor of Lyon and Betis, so Benrahma and Fornals' transfers are both going through, as well they should.

Last edited:
Reactions: Power Man

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
is dis dude any good?

If I get my passport sorted, I should offer my services. I actually know how to enter data into a computer in a timely fashion.

What an absolute shambles. They're my Prem team, but sometimes they make it goddamn difficult.

Edit: Having said that, apparently FIFA have adjudicated in favor of Lyon and Betis, so Benrahma and Fornals' transfers are both going through, as well they should.
good good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad