Transfer: 2024 Winter Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Curious to see how the first Saudi move winter window goes. Might be a great way for clubs to get rid of mud season letdowns and dead weight.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Spurs might shop for a centre-half. I question if they can find the right fit in January though. 3rd choice so they should be pretty high quality. Don't want a panic buy stop-gap really.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
In MLS/CMNT news, Hoillet is joining the Whitecaps. Their third Canadian international signing of the summer.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Some Arsenal rumours to keep your eye on for world domination.

- The biggest one, which got lost in that stupid "LFC is poor" discussion from the last thread is that Arsenal is going after Ousmane Diomande, CB from Sporting next summer. He has an 80 million Euro release clause.

- Venkatesham is officially leaving in 2024.

- Arsenal linked to strikers Allahyar Sayyadmanesh from Hull City, Toney, or Vlahovic in the winter. Some small reports about Evan Ferguson, but I don't believe Brighton would sell him so early on in his career.

- Arsenal wants to increase the RB depth by buying Nahuel Molina from Atletico.

- Already mentioned Antonio Nusa, CAM.

- I am also watching the Brasilian prospects we've been linked to in the past like Bitello, Andre, Matheus Goncalves, Vitor Roque, and Gabriel Moscardo.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Barcelona been rumored as interested in Beraldo. Sao Paulo reportedly asking for 20m euros at least.

more teams popping up

Beraldo named to Copa do Brasil team of the tournament. Sao Paulo won it all and he was incredible in the whole tournament
F7hwpOrXsAERt6x

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
No thanks. Wing is the weakest position in their starting XI and they don't need more depth. Need a high quality starter.
I'm not sure we can register him until January, so not sure it's worth entertaining. There will be other, better options available at that time anyway.

Now, if we could register him, given our short term issue, it might make sense. But, I'd rather give our younger players a chance.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
A lot of reports (including Fabrizio) that United will go after a CB in the winter window with Todibo being their main target.

They were linked with him in the Summer. I saw something somewhere where he basically talked about going to Barca too early and making the right move this time, IE not to United.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
They were linked with him in the Summer. I saw something somewhere where he basically talked about going to Barca too early and making the right move this time, IE not to United.
He wanted guaranteed playing time. Which he would've absolutely gotten at United.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Parties over Miami are out of the playoffs. Which means Messi will be off for 4 months? Or loaned back to Barca in January? :)

Reactions: Gecklund

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Man United is hilarious though and even though Todibo is a great target, we'll see what they do with their funds. Just look at what has happened in the past, they bought Casemiro for 77 million pounds to be a stabilising influence in the middle of the pitch and he's been running around with his head cut off since joining, which forced them to go out and spend more funds for Amrabat where it looks like they will have to buy him when they get more money.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Man United is hilarious though and even though Todibo is a great target, we'll see what they do with their funds. Just look at what has happened in the past, they bought Casemiro for 77 million pounds to be a stabilising influence in the middle of the pitch and he's been running around with his head cut off since joining, which forced them to go out and spend more funds for Amrabat where it looks like they will have to buy him when they get more money.
You say this like they don’t have infinite funds though. None of this matters to them

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Leipzig seem to be working hard on Assan Ouédraogo. Not sure he'll be ready for the jump by the end of the season, but if he is, that could be a good spot for him to take the step into 1st division football...especially if Haidara won't extend his contract & is sold.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Casemiro was revolutionary for the midfield last year. The difference with and without him was insane. Unfortunately his two red cards meant they were without him for 1/4 of the season.

This year it seems like he's lost a step or hasn't settled in or something. He's doing alright, but not controlling at the level he was before despite showing up on the scoresheet more than expected.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Casemiro was a great add for United to be sure, but that's a lot of money for just a year of that. Normally fees like that are reserved for young players who you're going to get a full career out of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad