Transfer: 2024 Winter Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Dahoud is heading to Stuttgart on loan for the remainder of the season. He showed some promise early in the year but has been off the pace for most of the season.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I mean, do good neck tattoos exist? I feel like you just get a neck tattoo to say “no I will not ever need an office job”
I’m not a tattoo guy, so I’d extend that same sentiment from the neck all the way down to the toes, but yeah.

I feel the same way about footballer tattoos the same way I feel about footballer “fashion”. These guys all look ridiculous.

Reactions: Ceremony

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I watched Monaco a lot when Kovac was their manager. Never ever ever did I think Badiashile and Disasi would be moving to Chelsea for like combined 80m a year onwards.

And somehow Fofana is still at Monaco and apparently overlooked. On half the teams in the top half of the EPL he'd be the best midfielder.
Fofana had some ups and downs but boy this year, he's been dominant.

Matz Sels goes from Strasbourg to Forest.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I’m not a tattoo guy, so I’d extend that same sentiment from the neck all the way down to the toes, but yeah.

I feel the same way about footballer tattoos the same way I feel about footballer “fashion”. These guys all look ridiculous.
I like tattoos, have several, but have always thought neck tattoos were……bold. Too each their own though.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I find tattoos are okay when they're small and discreet (I have two small ones and one of which that I just did to make my sister happy) but I find so many people borderline make them their personality and then it gets loud and garish IMO. In large part I think it's because the vast majority of folks don't have the eye/spatial awareness (if that's the right word) to pull them off at that level but to each their own of course. So long as it makes them happy.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
In probably the biggest robbery of this transfer period, Roma bought Empoli's Baldanzi for 10 million. Having seen about half of all his professional games, the kid's not a Serie A player yet, but I guess they're banking on his potential, as he's just 20. However, he's very undersized, lazy and his rare moments of brilliance don't make up for the many games where he's invisible.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I find tattoos are okay when they're small and discreet (I have two small ones and one of which that I just did to make my sister happy) but I find so many people borderline make them their personality and then it gets loud and garish IMO. In large part I think it's because the vast majority of folks don't have the eye/spatial awareness (if that's the right word) to pull them off at that level but to each their own of course. So long as it makes them happy.
in the same way as too many paintings can make an apartment well cluttered, so too can too many tattoos! but there are ways to curate and pull it off effectively.

i have three, all of which are big but quiet.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

maybe you're just gettin' old Gramps

i used to be with it, then they changed what it was. now what's it is weird and scary.

Some of you didn't grow up with a father who had your mother tattooed naked on his sleeve and it shows. No tats for me, I don't see them as cool. For obvious reasons.
spat out my coffee at this, cheers

Reactions: maclean

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
maybe you're just gettin' old Gramps

i used to be with it, then they changed what it was. now what's it is weird and scary.

spat out my coffee at this, cheers
Nah. The totality of today’s footballer fashion being an oversized Balenciaga hoodie and five figure slippers is objectively dumb and ugly.

To be fair, it’s not just footballers. One look at Kyle Kuzma and I stay in bed for a week.

pfft some of you are insulting Cody Rhodes with this talk.

man has a whole brand based on an awful neck tattoo.
Cody Garbrandt too.

Note to self: stay away from Codys.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Bergvall 50/50 between Barcelona and Tottenham. Tottenham is not a last minute effort, they have been interested for some time. Visited him in Stockholm 10 days ago etc. A second big English club entered the conversation in the last hours though, but they are probably to late.

This is straight from Peter Kisfaludy's mouth who probably has the biggest influence on Bergvall and his family when it comes to football.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No incomings for LFC. Most interesting thing that happened was that they turned down a permanent sale of Kelleher to Nottingham Forest, which is why Forest had to settle for Sels. Kind of shitty for Kelleher, but he is going to get a Cup Final this month and may get FA Cup and Europa games as well. Would have been every week starter for Forest though. LFC might have let him go if they had time to replace. Probably goes in the summer though. They also turned down a several opportunities to loan out for Bobby Clark, because Klopp loves him.

Speaking of loans:

So much for getting 50 million

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Supposedly Blackburn and Orlando were after the same centerback and things got weird
So, turns out Orlando is getting their CB (Slovenia CB David Brekalo) and Blackburn is getting Duncan McGuire.

Blackburn is getting their CB from LFC - Billy Koumetio on loan.

Everybody happy

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Nothing surprising on LFC standpoints.

Bit surprised a few more kids didn't go out on loans considering how much depth they do have, but can't take any chances with 4 things to play for.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nothing surprising on LFC standpoints.

Bit surprised a few more kids didn't go out on loans considering how much depth they do have, but can't take any chances with 4 things to play for.
Not surprised but would have like one or two reinforcements. Tough to find minutes though. Didn’t necessarily need to do three like Arsenal last year, but would have really liked a forward and/or a CB. But it’s a fun group we are sticking with so can see what happens.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
What are you looking for position wise? Central defender?

Is anyone they're getting this window going to be better than Quansah or Konate?

Forward? If it's going like now, who is even playing.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What are you looking for position wise? Central defender?

Is anyone they're getting this window going to be better than Quansah or Konate?

Forward? If it's going like now, who is even playing.
Would like a central defender to replace Matip minutes (can play behind Quansah if needed or maybe a utility guy); if Quansah replaced the 3rd choice Matip minutes, need a body for fourth choice Quansah minutes. Thought they might let Luke Chambers do it but they sent him on loan. Gomez is there but he cannot play full back and centerback at the same time. So yeah want to replace minutes lost due to Matip injury.

Yes want a forward. Basically want another finisher to come in if Darwin is cold, and to keep Elliott in midfield and not RW. Not really looking for any starting XI guys but those are the two holes that I think they have at the moment.

But if anything of their own doing bites them this season, it will probably be their set piece defending because that is absolutely still a weakness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad