Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
1706901208031.gif

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Luiz Henrique from Betis to Botafogo, 20 mil with bonuses, the highest price a Brazilian club ever paid for a player. A player I like who I felt Pellegrini didn't like too much though. Betis does good business with him, after buying him for 8 mil.

Hopefully Rodri gets more minutes, but I doubt it with Pellegrini hardly utilizing him.

Eat it Fabrizio running that Barca propaganda :)

Sounds like it was close, but not sure we needed him. We just signed Darvich in the Summer and if Diarra isn’t official it’s all but from what I can tell. Kid looks good though and rather he goes to Spurs than plenty of other clubs. He reminds me of a Frenkie in more ways than one, but not quite as good. Another Frenkieesque clone around the same age is out there too.

Back OT: Fornals at Betis.

Or maybe not re: minutes for Rodri.

Bergvall? If it's him you're talking about, he's been on my keeper list for 2 years. Highly regret not picking him up in my pool because he's going to be much more expensive now.

I don’t regret not grabbing him and I would’n’t mind if he gets more expensive. Might be able to sneak someone else in on the cheap even though I don’t have much room.

Nope, there aren't.
Bergvall is a real talent. He might not pan out, but he's not a dime a dozen prospect by any means.

La Masia has had a lot of trouble the last years. Yamal, Gavi and Balde are the only real significant talents in the last few years.

Well you’d have to define “the last few years”, but either way as things stand right now that’s huge. How many other clubs are producing a Yamal, Gavi and Balde trio? Plenty of other interesting kids too like those named and Fort who is getting minutes and Dani Rodriguez who Xavi just called up.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Sounds like it was close, but not sure we needed him. We just signed Darvich in the Summer and if Diarra isn’t official it’s all but from what I can tell. Kid looks good though and rather he goes to Spurs than plenty of other clubs. He reminds me of a Frenkie in more ways than one, but not quite as good. Another Frenkieesque clone around the same age is out there too.
It was a possibility but it was never only Barca as he claimed. Tottenham was in it the entire time they just kept things quiet, so no hijack. Barcelona did also have a bid accepted but it was not the 7+3 bid Fabrizio claimed, that was their second bid that got rejected. It was their 4th or 5th bid thas eventually got accepted.

Rumored fee Tottenham is paying is 10M€ fixed and another 10M€ in possible addons, where 5 of those is quite easy to reach while the other 5 is less likely if it's not a complete homerun (probably PL and CL titles etc..).

I think Barca would have been a good fit too, they have a history of trusting young players that I admire. But I will enjoy getting to read and hear more about him in english compared to if he would have gone to Barca.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
It was a possibility but it was never only Barca as he claimed. Tottenham was in it the entire time they just kept things quiet, so no hijack. Barcelona did also have a bid accepted but it was not the 7+3 bid Fabrizio claimed, that was their second bid that got rejected. It was their 4th or 5th bid thas eventually got accepted.

Rumored fee Tottenham is paying is 10M€ fixed and another 10M€ in possible addons, where 5 of those is quite easy to reach while the other 5 is less likely if it's not a complete homerun (probably PL and CL titles etc..).

I think Barca would have been a good fit too, they have a history of trusting young players that I admire. But I will enjoy getting to read and hear more about him in english compared to if he would have gone to Barca.

I wasn’t commenting on the validity of the rumors or not. I didn’t follow it that closely and while the player looks good, again, not sure we really needed him. And while that figure isn’t bad, not sure what we could have afforded. He is one of two Swedish players I’ll be keeping an eye on though. Make that three actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad