Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs: Patriots finish 4-13, Will pick 3rd. Mayo hired as HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I'm not sure "lazy" is the right adjective.

They had a succession plan in place, and they followed it.
That's lazy to me, after a 4-13 season. You should be entertaining all options and not some predetermined succession plan. If Mayo is so insecure about something like that I wouldn't want him anyway.

Perfect start for Green Bay so far….Go Pack!

We are playing with the House Money, this game.
Belichick to Dallas

MillerTime29Bombs

Feb 12, 2023
Woburn
Jerry has this puppy all gassed up at Hanscom.

IMG_5206.jpeg

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
That's lazy to me, after a 4-13 season. You should be entertaining all options and not some predetermined succession plan.
It's probably not Jerod Mayo's fault they went 4-13.

I'm guessing that there was a lot of thought put into that succession plan, and it wasn't something that Bob or Jonathan came up with on a whim. They've already devoted resources and put time and effort into executing that plan. People have been hired with Mayo's input.

If the defense had fallen apart this year under Mayo's watch, then I think you might have a reason to doubt your sucession plan. But it didn't. Mayo's unit performed at a relatively high level despite being beset with numerous injuries.

To put it in Patriots terms... Jerod Mayo did his job. He didn't give the Krafts a reason to change the plan.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
If it was always Mayo play it cool and get a pick for Bill.

I don't think Dallas will even make it a game they are going to lose by 20+.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad