Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs: Patriots finish 4-13, Will pick 3rd. Mayo hired as HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I know Tua has a weak-ass arm, but that wind is humming in his face…He can’t throw anything to the left side of the field. Wind just kills it.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Since I would be stunned if the Steelers beat the Bills it's looking like

Lamar vs. Stroud
Allen vs. Mahomes

That's good. And then Buffalo will choke against KC.

Reactions: bbfan419

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Mayo is a bad choice. He may have an impressive persona, some brains, and business acumen, but they need someone experienced and different from Bill. Player personnel experience would be very helpful as well.
Yeh Mayo was only a 7 year captain and 5 year Coach

You guaranteed the Bruins would miss the playoffs last season and they set the all time regular season record

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Baffles me how anyone outside of KC can root for the Chiefs & the absolute insufferable Mahomes clan… now add the NFL’s obsession with pop star not to be named.. (insert vomit emoji)

I'm rooting for Dallas or Detroit for the Super Bowl. None of the AFC teams I care about because they aren't the Patriots.

So I'll be rooting for the team that one of my favorite singers loves because it annoys everyone and I f***ing love it. Seethe more internet! Seeeeeethe!

Reactions: GabeTravels

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
An absolute twit. Many years ago in the club seats at a Celtics game he tore into a young waitress over something trivial (missing chicken fingers maybe?). It was clear that wasn’t the first time he had acted that way. My friend wanted to kill him.

Jonathan Kraft sucks, is a sucky person, and once he is the face of ownership, people will realize.

I used to work at Gillette, and my buddy did all the in house food for private events. The stories you hear form peoploe regarding him are 100% true.
30 years ago Will McDonough told Jonathan that if you want a stadium in South Boston invite Joe Moakley to lunch and hash it out and he told Will I don't need Joe - I have Governor Weld.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I take it Jonathan is a hot head with a short fuse?
He is the smartest guy in the room and will tell you that.

I give him credit for moving Pats radio to FM in 1994.

1705220467364.png

Reactions: EvilDead

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
With the frigid weather in the Midwest, NBC might have had a record rating on Saturday night - instead, the game was on Peacock.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
With the frigid weather in the Midwest, NBC might have had a record rating on Saturday night - instead, the game was on Peacock.
Luckily for me, I have Peacock because that's where my Days of Our Lives airs on :laugh:

I don't quite understand why it aired on Peacock, I assumed they wanted cable ratings. Guess not lol

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Luckily for me, I have Peacock because that's where my Days of Our Lives airs on :laugh:

I don't quite understand why it aired on Peacock, I assumed they wanted cable ratings. Guess not lol

Now there's a show that the Patriots should petition to be on. Forget Hard Knocks. Days Of Our Lives is the most fitting show for this team given the drama coming out of Foxboro.

He is the smartest guy in the room and will tell you that.

I give him credit for moving Pats radio to FM in 1994.

View attachment 802901

Lots of Harvard-ites never seem to know when to shut up when telling you how smart they are. I hope his Ivy League arrogance goes away quick. He's not going to win allies within and outside of the team if he continues that bullshit.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I take it Jonathan is a hot head with a short fuse?
yes - he did 30 years ago even before Patriots- my buddy worked for paper company high enough and a football guy where he went on Krafts private plane to some or all of early SB

Said Bob always wanted to know what was going on ‘how’s things going? You need anything? Kind of to much but he liked him and had good stories - Jonathan was my buds age and they got along good but he told me about the temper - he could really go off but he never said about company specifically stories when the Stadium being built. I got a few good stories we ever meet ask me - nothing horrendous but shows how he could fly off when not needed

The brothers were more like Bob & mother - I think it’s Dan who he was and is friends with - one of them he said was as good a person as you could ever meet

Jonathan though could get pretty hot - not sure about fuse length but when lit look out

Because of this and other stuff I always was waiting for Belichick to stumble I figured he would lead the charge to tske out

Curran was JK go to so when I was hearing this stuff I figured it was true

Jonathan very protective of father - he is very bright but like Fenway said he knows it and learns he isn’t always right to late at times

He also is a good guy according to my friend but those close know about the temper

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Belichick should have been fired after last season so I'm giving Jonathan some slack here. If it took him another year to get the point across to Bob it is what it is.

I just don't like the lack of a coaching search and the idea now that they are relying on people who worked under Bill to run the upcoming draft. Unless he knows that their opinions were stifled and resulted in picks like N'Keal Harry and Cole Strange. If it comes after the draft ok but at some point it would be nice to get some new blood in here.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
FWIW...

"Belichick leaned too heavily on former director of player personnel Nick Caserio and often bypassed advice from his scouting department, according to league sources. The recurring theme had become a major point of contention among Patriots scouts, who felt their input was largely ignored when it was time to set the draft board or make their selections."

Reactions: rfournier103
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad