Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs: Patriots finish 4-13, Will pick 3rd. Mayo hired as HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
IMG_8412.png

Reactions: Oates2Neely

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If you have a high draft pick it means things went really bad and you are crossing your fingers.
The biggest problem Belichick had was whiffing on too many players in the draft the last 5-6 years. He made some truly egregious reaches that un shockingly did not pan out. That futility lead him to today, and their record.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Chicago has 1 and 9. Arizona at 4 most likely taking MHJ if the Pats don’t. Washington at 2 is interesting. We assume they take Maye. What if the Bears take Williams at 1, offer Washington 9 + Justin Fields + for #2 overall?

Bears come out with Caleb Williams and Harrison Jr. Washington with Justin Fields and Odunze, Bowers or Nabers +.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
If you have a high draft pick it means things went really bad and you are crossing your fingers.
I think it's kind of funny a couple months ago when I was researching how the draft works in the nfl... *hmm never had experience looking this up before in any of our teams*

Usually I try and keep up to date on how the top of the leaderboard works...

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
A high end WR without a QB or an OL to block for the QB seems like a waste.

Starting to come around to Jayden Daniels at #3 if Williams and Maye are gone.
They never invested around Mac, so I'm leery to think they would surround another rookie qb with nothing.

I go high end offense and then get a QB

Reactions: UConn126

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
They never invested around Mac, so I'm leery to think they would surround another rookie qb with nothing.

I go high end offense and then get a QB
If Belichick were still going to be here, then I think you'd have a point.

...but I'm assuming there's going to be a new GM and Head Coach.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
If Belichick were still going to be here, then I think you'd have a point.

...but I'm assuming there's going to be a new GM and Head Coach.
I genuinely don't know if it actually is Bill's last game here. I hope so. We really need a complete build. It's going to take years but that's unfortunately what we have to do.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I genuinely don't know if it actually is Bill's last game here. I hope so. We really need a complete build. It's going to take years but that's unfortunately what we have to do.
There a bunch of different ways to go about rebuilding. You’ve got the draft capital and the cap room. It’s pretty hard to screw up the #3 pick, no matter which direction you go, especially with the holes that need to be filled. QB is the riskiest position to draft, but also the most important. (Bortles, Darnold, and Lance were all #3s).

Fist step in the process is figuring out who the GM and coach will be, and what their vision is.

Last edited:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Terry McAuley just said refs got help from "replay" on a decision to pick up flag on a penalty. It wasn't a scoring play or a challenge. I always thought these guys have to have someone in their headset helping out but never heard anything definitive until McAuley just now.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
This is a great draft to have a number 3 pick.

You basically cannot miss with Caleb Drake or MHJ

I am very happy we didn’t win today as we will now be getting an excellent player.

Any of these 3 guys on this roster make us a .500 team.

If you go MHJ you opt for a good veteran and draft a backup. There are a lot of good potential QBs out there prospect wise this year.

If you go Drake or Caleb you hit up the Broncos for Jeudy or Titans for Hopkins. Pay what you need to.

At any rate I am very excited for this pick and the next NE Patriot. lfg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad