Draft 2024 NHL Draft Prospects & Undrafted Free Agents

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I can't see how the Rangers don't draft the best available defensemen available in the first round, unless another forward drastically drops like Gabe did for us.

Our defense in our prospect pipeline is extremely thin.
They likely will, but there’s also a lot of defensive depth available in this class.

It’d be very uncharacteristic of them, but there’s potential to move back a few spots to add an extra day two pick to nab one of those dmen

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Another kid that seems interesting in the UNSTDP is Lucas Van Vliet. Just from stat watching, he was injured earlier to start the year and went pointless for a stretch. He's been scoring more lately and has been their 3C for the last bit. Has a nice combo of speed, size, and skill (great hands), but he'll need to learn how to utilize that with less space on the ice. He's a Michigan State commit, and they've been a really solid program lately.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Maxim Masse and Charlie Elick are the two players I really like that seem frequently slated in the late first round.

Reactions: yychockeymom

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Maxim Masse and Charlie Elick are the two players I really like that seem frequently slated in the late first round.
I am not convinced we end up keeping the pick. But I do like Elick, but don’t care for Masse. I think a lot of those Swedish/SEL D-men are going to be the ones that make sense on the board by the time the Rangers come up

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I can't see how the Rangers don't draft the best available defensemen available in the first round, unless another forward drastically drops like Gabe did for us.

Our defense in our prospect pipeline is extremely thin.

While I agree we need to draft D-men, I would be very open to trading down and acquiring two 2nd round picks instead, getting multiple D-prospects.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
On behalf of all us alumni, I say GET IT DONE DRURY!!!!!!

i'm not sure drury has much of a chance here unless it's like an adam fox situation. he's far from a lock to be on the roster, and the rangers depth chart for wings can't be the most appealing situation for a kid who will be presented a lot of options and has established relationships with a couple other nhl teams.

would love to add him to the mix, but i have a tough time imagining it happens unless there's some undiscovered backdoor loophole the rangers cba nerds found as a way to flex their financial muscles in their offer, or the kid just wants to be a ranger. as far as i know, neither are true.

Reactions: Ranger Ric

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
While I agree we need to draft D-men, I would be very open to trading down and acquiring two 2nd round picks instead, getting multiple D-prospects.

Have to find a team with an early and mid to late 2nd rounder for that. There should be 3/4 options anyway and this draft appears good enough where that's not a bad strategy at all for both the Rangers to move down and for another team to want to move up. If it's done on draft day though there's also the potential of someone unexpected dropping in your lap. These situations can be fluid though it wouldn't surprise me if Drury has a conversation with a couple target teams prior to draft day.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
i'm not sure drury has much of a chance here unless it's like an adam fox situation. he's far from a lock to be on the roster, and the rangers depth chart for wings can't be the most appealing situation for a kid who will be presented a lot of options and has established relationships with a couple other nhl teams.

would love to add him to the mix, but i have a tough time imagining it happens unless there's some undiscovered backdoor loophole the rangers cba nerds found as a way to flex their financial muscles in their offer, or the kid just wants to be a ranger. as far as i know, neither are true.

Not having seen Graf....only heard of him It depends. If the Rangers think he's really close or ready they'll let him know I'm sure.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

The argument that Drury can put forth is more about long-term outlook for the kid. The Rangers has recently shown a steady influx of forwards that spent time in Hartford and looks like it will continue to be good place for development and competition.

Otherwise it will depend on the prospect - long-term steady development could be just as appealing to some as looking to make it ASAP to the NHL even if it’s weaker franchise with easy attainable spots in the lineup.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
The argument that Drury can put forth is more about long-term outlook for the kid. The Rangers has recently shown a steady influx of forwards that spent time in Hartford and looks like it will continue to be good place for development and competition.

Otherwise it will depend on the prospect - long-term steady development could be just as appealing to some as looking to make it ASAP to the NHL even if it’s weaker franchise with easy attainable spots in the lineup.
Making it to the NHL as fast as possible for an undrafted college FA is probably priority. It’s the fastest way to putting millions of dollars in his pocket.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
It almost sounds like Quillan is the guy who would fit the teams needs right away. He's a center who sounds like he is tenacious on the puck and defensively conscious as well as good on faceoffs.

Reactions: Ranger Ric

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Have to find a team with an early and mid to late 2nd rounder for that. There should be 3/4 options anyway and this draft appears good enough where that's not a bad strategy at all for both the Rangers to move down and for another team to want to move up. If it's done on draft day though there's also the potential of someone unexpected dropping in your lap. These situations can be fluid though it wouldn't surprise me if Drury has a conversation with a couple target teams prior to draft day.
Everything I’ve heard says this draft outside the top 10 or so is real weak.
In that scenario I wouldn’t mind moving out the first for a valid reason.

Reactions: eco's bones

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016

I'd say very high chance we see this overager get drafted

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I'd say very high chance we see this overager get drafted
well scouted, well known
1710871753747.png

Relation to Evgeni?
if EliteProspects knows of family relations, they list it. NO such listing (yet) for this guy

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Coyotes: 38 & 49 & 63
Flyers: 36 & 51
Penguins: 42 & 50
Blues: 48 & 57
Flames: 44 & 59
Sharks: 33 & 40
Predators: 52 & 55 & 61
Ducks: 35 & 65*
Blackhawks: 34 & 54 & 62

draft slots based on current standings

*65 is the last pick in the 2nd round due to the Flyers receiving a compensatory pick for not signing Jay O'Brien

Reactions: eco's bones

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Coyotes: 38 & 49 & 63
Flyers: 36 & 51
Penguins: 42 & 50
Blues: 48 & 57
Flames: 44 & 59
Sharks: 33 & 40
Predators: 52 & 55 & 61
Ducks: 35 & 65*
Blackhawks: 34 & 54 & 62

draft slots based on current standings

*65 is the last pick in the 2nd round due to the Flyers receiving a compensatory pick for not signing Jay O'Brien

....and it's a deep enough draft as you've remarked where we could get two players instead of one. The Rangers don't have to hit home runs with their earlier picks.....we'll tend to be drafting later in rounds with our own picks anyway but getting good players is still a necessary. I do think at the moment we have a lot of forward prospects with potential and not enough defense prospects. In the early 30's there should be a lot of very good choices to make and even some fallers.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Still think Hage is the no-brainer pick if he's on the board, but with more and more spotlight being done on Jett Luchanko, it's hard to not love the kid's game. He looks like he'll be an awesome pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad