Draft 2024 NHL Draft Prospects & Undrafted Free Agents

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Been trying to get caught up on this class, but it’s been nearly impossible with a baby on the way and wrapping up a thesis. Most of this is just very cursory looking at some intriguing options that’ll be there in the late first for who I think should be targets.

I’ve spoken about him all year, but Michael Hage is still the kid that’s a huge swing for the fences pick to finally add a high-end C prospect to the pipeline. Loved what I saw from him last year coming back from injury, and he’s looked better in the limited viewings I’ve seen so far this year. Some other Cs I’ve been interested in are Sacha Boisvert, Cole Beauodin, and Jett Luchanko.

I know @Steve Kournianos has said there’s going to be plenty of good D that’ll be there later in the draft. Would love to hear what he thinks on the forwards I mentioned above.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Been trying to get caught up on this class, but it’s been nearly impossible with a baby on the way and wrapping up a thesis. Most of this is just very cursory looking at some intriguing options that’ll be there in the late first for who I think should be targets.

I’ve spoken about him all year, but Michael Hage is still the kid that’s a huge swing for the fences pick to finally add a high-end C prospect to the pipeline. Loved what I saw from him last year coming back from injury, and he’s looked better in the limited viewings I’ve seen so far this year. Some other Cs I’ve been interested in are Sacha Boisvert, Cole Beauodin, and Jett Luchanko.

I know @Steve Kournianos has said there’s going to be plenty of good D that’ll be there later in the draft. Would love to hear what he thinks on the forwards I mentioned above.
If we go forward it must be a true Center. Best Center/Defenseman available.

Our D prospects are non existent at this point

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
We need to figure out a way to get Celebrini to stick around NCAA for 4 years. Maybe Dolan can get him an MSG endorsement deal with the Knicks to avoid the wrath of the NHL. 20 million ought to do it.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
We need to figure out a way to get Celebrini to stick around NCAA for 4 years. Maybe Dolan can get him an MSG endorsement deal with the Knicks to avoid the wrath of the NHL. 20 million ought to do it.

He would only need to stay 3 more years. NCAA players are UFA eligible the moment they finish their senior year.

Reactions: CTTribe73

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016

I'd like to see what he thinks too.

If we hold onto our pick I agree I think Hage would be a great target. Some of those 24' USHL guys are really starting to seperate themselves from the rest of the pack in that league now. I had recently watched an EP podcast and something interesting they had mentioned is that they had spoken to Hage recently and he said he feels like he's really only fully recovered from last years injury and rehab within the last month or 2. EP actually just put out an article about him too.

The race for the top center prospect in the USHL between Hage and Boisvert... when I had watched them earlier in the season I probably would've had Boisvert a tad ahead of Hage because he seemed to be a more complete player. I wonder if he might have a safer floor. That being said Hage since feeling fully recovered has been on an absolute tear and I haven't caught any games since, so I'd be excited to see this new level.

Monday I half heartedly was flipping back and forth between the Mississauga and Guelph games to see a little Luke Misa and Jett Luchanko. Luckily for me they had super uneventful games. Luchanko really screams a Drury pick. He finished first in the top prospects game on-ice training, high work ethic. Drury likes those. He's another one that should have a pretty safe floor.

Luckily for us, if we keep our picks there's plenty of centers and defenders in our range

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm
Question about Trevor Connelly. See he is ranked as high as 5th and hear a bunch of teams have him as don't draft because of his off ice issues. If he falls to the Rangers in Round 1 would they take him? I think I would. Thoughts?

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Question about Trevor Connelly. See he is ranked as high as 5th and hear a bunch of teams have him as don't draft because of his off ice issues. If he falls to the Rangers in Round 1 would they take him? I think I would. Thoughts?

From what I’ve read, I would have him as a DND as well. Something is rotten there.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
The Athletic had an interesting article about him a few days ago. Teams are becoming more and more focused on their optics and public relations. Aside from being a possible locker room headache they don't want to deal with the cancel culture backlash.

In terms of the actual player, Connelly does have a ton of talent. For a dumb 16 year old the silly shock humor incident is a nothing burger personally. The actual issues to me are some of the reports about the things in his pre-teen and early teen years. Some said he used to be a bad teammate, some said he was a great teammate. It's a lot of he said she said stuff with a big gray area. Based on the article it's hard to know what's true and what's not. How much growing up has he done too? At the very least right now he doesn't appear to be like a Mitchell Miller for example.

Usually I think you should gravitate toward BPA but I think there should be enough solid players in positions of need that will be avaliable in our range that we don't need to take a risk on a less needed position. That's if he even falls to our range. Now if he drops in the 2nd round he's well worth the gamble. If he did some growing up and nothing egregious pops up he 100% could be one of those guys teams are kicking themselves for not drafting

Reactions: Harbour Dog

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm
The Athletic had an interesting article about him a few days ago. Teams are becoming more and more focused on their optics and public relations. Aside from being a possible locker room headache they don't want to deal with the cancel culture backlash.

In terms of the actual player, Connelly does have a ton of talent. For a dumb 16 year old the silly shock humor incident is a nothing burger personally. The actual issues to me are some of the reports about the things in his pre-teen and early teen years. Some said he used to be a bad teammate, some said he was a great teammate. It's a lot of he said she said stuff with a big gray area. Based on the article it's hard to know what's true and what's not. How much growing up has he done too? At the very least right now he doesn't appear to be like a Mitchell Miller for example.

Usually I think you should gravitate toward BPA but I think there should be enough solid players in positions of need that will be avaliable in our range that we don't need to take a risk on a less needed position. That's if he even falls to our range. Now if he drops in the 2nd round he's well worth the gamble. If he did some growing up and nothing egregious pops up he 100% could be one of those guys teams are kicking themselves for not drafting
Yes, I read the Athletic article and he peaked my interest. Top 5 talent with questionable issues. Agree with you, seems to be a lot of the he said/she said stuff. The post to social media I personally chalk up to a immature kid making a very poor decision. But there is enough in his past to pause for thought. I don't think its enough to slip from 5 to last third of the first round but could see him slipping to the low to mid teens.

Reactions: B17 Apricots

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If Aron Kiviharju somehow drops even further because of his size and injured season, I'm all for taking a shot on him and hoping he can eventually play against stronger players. The way he reads plays reminds me of Fox. Of course, he could end up a Jones instead... Unfortunately, this is a draft where we won't have multiple second round or 3rd round picks to take advantage of some fallers. Same for next year,

Reactions: surlysailor

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Noticed a few teams just signed some undrafted junior players. Based on our D prospect depth we should be all over Hudson Thornton

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
In case anyone's interested, Torpedo vs SKA playoff game is starting now. On Torpedo, Silayev and Artamonov could both be first round picks this summer. Atanasov will likely be a high profile undrafted free agent shortly. Both teams have notable NHL prospects including, Nikishin (SKA, CAR), Gritsyuk (SKA, NJD), Kovalenko (TOR, COL), Konyushkov (TOR, MTL), etc...

* TOR = Torpedo

If you're lucky maybe you get to see Galchenyuk hurl obscenities at the refs

Last edited:

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
I say it every year we have a late first, depending on who's on the board I'd 100% consider moving back. Funny enough before the draft last summer Perreault was one of the few players I would've stood pat for. This year I'm not sure there's really anyone in our range I feel overly strong about over another. Maybe Zether or Hage. Those would be my top 2 targets. There's also Misa, Boisvert, Beaudoin, Luchanko, etc... plenty of options. I'm really surprised the consensus has Simon Zether late in the 2nd, Mika-like sort of player.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Whom would the Rangers have interest in among this group?

I just want to say I am in the minority but I would not like Graf on the Rangers. Think he is the best guy, but really think he needs to go somewhere that he will get PP times early and often. Good player but not the right team fit

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

hella rights

Oct 9, 2006
I just want to say I am in the minority but I would not like Graf on the Rangers. Think he is the best guy, but really think he needs to go somewhere that he will get PP times early and often. Good player but not the right team fit
Ya not sure why he’d want to sign here with our wing depth.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ya not sure why he’d want to sign here with our wing depth.
Yeah the last thing we need is another wing unless there is an exception, like Perrault was, available. But that’s nothing against Graf who will make someone happy for sure

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I can't see how the Rangers don't draft the best available defensemen available in the first round, unless another forward drastically drops like Gabe did for us.

Our defense in our prospect pipeline is extremely thin.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2