Draft 2024 NHL Draft Prospects & Undrafted Free Agents

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If you are looking to draft defense, trading back is a viable strategy. Doesn’t work as well if you are hunting for offense.
would think guys like Elick, Emery and to lesser extent Badinka are on their radar and in that 25ish-35ish range

But also have a feeling that pick gets traded for immediate help; especially if they can get Graf in. We will see though

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
would think guys like Elick, Emery and to lesser extent Badinka are on their radar and in that 25ish-35ish range

But also have a feeling that pick gets traded for immediate help; especially if they can get Graf in. We will see though
I doubt we have a shot at Graf. How good of a prospect is he anyways?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I doubt we have a shot at Graf. How good of a prospect is he anyways?
I don’t think Mollie is reporting that if there is no shot, and the Rangers have a pretty good track record of bringing in NCAA guys. Graf is the best available NCAA guy. I don’t love the fit here be he is a free asset. Not sure the offense translates 5x5 but wouldn’t hurt to try.

Reactions: egelband

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Usually I'd gravitate toward BPA but theres too much quality in positions of need in our range for me to sniff those RHDs early on.

Touched on the centers a bunch already. So let's go with some of the LHD in our range

On the US development team you have the more offensively inclined Cole Hutson and the more defensive Will Skahan. He'll be joining our guys at BC next year, wouldn't be my first choice but that could be a guy they're looking at

Sweden might have a sneaky good D crop despite not having any real standouts in the SHL right now. Lots of talented LHD... Alfons Freij, Noel Fransén, Leo Sahlin Wallenius, etc... Gabriel Eliasson might be this years Swedish Brady Cleveland. I wouldn't touch him early on but maybe mid to late rounds he'd be an interesting project. Wouldn't be surprised if someone goes off the board for him like Cleveland went last year

Sticking with LHD there's a bunch of guys overseas playing pro hockey already. Small, skilled Tomáš Galvas in Czechia. Aron Kiviharju, Veeti Väisänen and the overage anomaly Jesse Pulkkinen in Finland. Leon Muggli and Daniil Ustinkov in Switzerland.

It would make a lot of sense if they move down though, maybe grab a center and a D. If they stand pat and go with a defender, as odd as it is, the overage Pulkkinen might be my favorite choice. Thought this was a nice little breakdown on him I may have posted this article before I cant remember Film Room: How Jesse Pulkkinen went from unknown draft prospect to Finland's highest-scoring junior defenceman

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yep, he'll be joining both his brothers at BU. The other one Quinn is an undrafted free agent to watch for at some point as well, pretty talented

Any reason Quinn couldn't be signed now? He's 22, 2 back to back pretty good seasons at BU. If they're anything like Lane, they can all skate really well.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Any reason Quinn couldn't be signed now? He's 22, 2 back to back pretty good seasons at BU. If they're anything like Lane, they can all skate really well.
I guess if a team is interested they could offer him a contract but I'm not sure he's ready to go pro yet. Even from just last year a few of his former teammates that graduated only signed AHL deals. He's got pretty good skill but I don't know how well it would translate right now. He's worth keeping an eye on in case he takes another step next year

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
He's a 22y/o kid that's not even a PPG his last two years in college. He isn't really someone worth a contract slot and is only getting the notice because his two younger brothers are more talented

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
Another kid that seems interesting in the UNSTDP is Lucas Van Vliet. Just from stat watching, he was injured earlier to start the year and went pointless for a stretch. He's been scoring more lately and has been their 3C for the last bit. Has a nice combo of speed, size, and skill (great hands), but he'll need to learn how to utilize that with less space on the ice. He's a Michigan State commit, and they've been a really solid program lately.

With a name like that he's destined to be a Captain somewhere someday.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
He's a 22y/o kid that's not even a PPG his last two years in college. He isn't really someone worth a contract slot and is only getting the notice because his two younger brothers are more talented
I wouldn't say that, plenty of guys have gotten deals based off that sort of trajectory. Hell, look at Lettieri's numbers. He's been a good organizational depth guy for years. We just signed Trivigno off the same situation. Whether or not Quinn has an NHL future who knows... but another little bump in play could net him a contract in the future

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm
what are the thoughts on Dean Letourneau- 6'7 Center heading to Boston College next year. Supposedly the next Tage Thompson from what I am reading. Ranked anywhere from 23 to 44. Kind of prospect I would be very interested in with our #1 pick.
Thoughts???

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Any of Perreault’s BC teammates are eligible to be free agents this year??
The one guy who has received attention from the Pronman/Peters crowd is 24 year old LD Jacob Bengtstrom. His name comes up on several of the top free agent lists. Pronman had him as his #23 free agent with being a long-shot to make the NHL.

With Quinnipiac out I hope the Rangers are in on center Jacob Quinlan. He's one of the top NCAA free agents and the Rangers have an organization need at center.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The one guy who has received attention from the Pronman/Peters crowd is 24 year old LD Jacob Bengtstrom. His name comes up on several of the top free agent lists. Pronman had him as his #23 free agent with being a long-shot to make the NHL.

With Quinnipiac out I hope the Rangers are in on center Jacob Quinlan. He's one of the top NCAA free agents and the Rangers have an organization need at center.

When I was watching the BC-Quinnipiac game I was watching Quillan and man, that would be such a good signing for this team. 22 years old, 46 points in 39 games as a Junior, he's good at both ends of the ice and very good in the faceoff circle. His team plays a 1-3-1 which jives with Laviolette's system already and the team, long term, needs a center. Want an opportunity to play with a good team, with very good wingers, on an Original-6 Franchise, in NYC?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
we used to snag these guys all the time
NYR been very active w drafted college guys who hadn't signed - Gilmour, Vesey, Hayes

but undrafted college skaters
who signed first NHL deal w NYR
and had reasonable NHL career

can't think of too many in recent times...
post-lockout, who besides Pionk? ... and Gilroy (225 games)

these are guys who came to mind,
lemme know who i forgot
Pavelich, McPhee (surprisingly few NHL games at 144 incl PS), Ortmeyer
Pionk, Thomas Poeck, Bothwell

Reactions: noncents

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I get to watch Berkly Catton a good amount and I'd move everything to get him.

200 cents on the dollar, don't care. Screams Brayden Point to me.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
NYR been very active w drafted college guys who hadn't signed - Gilmour, Vesey, Hayes

lemme know who i forgot

You mean Gilroy

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

lemme know who i forgot

Hayes

Gilory and Gilmour for all the shit they got were good signings. Scanlin has been a good depth signing out of NCAA as well even though he hasn't broken through yet.

Vesey and Pionk.

Cam Talbot was a UFA signing out of school.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad