Draft 2024 NHL Draft Prospects & Undrafted Free Agents

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Besides Celebrini, Berkly Catton is probably my favorite player in this draft. Will Skahan screams future Ranger as a kid with that size/skating combo who's already pretty damn good on defense. I feel like he'll get more notability as the tournaments approach and you get to see him defend against the top peers of his draft class

Reactions: egelband

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Besides Celebrini, Berkly Catton is probably my favorite player in this draft. Will Skahan screams future Ranger as a kid with that size/skating combo who's already pretty damn good on defense. I feel like he'll get more notability as the tournaments approach and you get to see him defend against the top peers of his draft class
Going to need top five pick Catton. Skahan more realistic but he could shoot up with his size

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Going to need top five pick Catton. Skahan more realistic but he could shoot up with his size
I know, I was just saying that he’s my next favorite player in this draft. Already had great moments last year and was essentially carrying his team.

2024 will be a good year to restock the defensive pipeline since that looks a lot deeper compared to last year

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Few days into the KHL regular season. The Torpedo / Lokomotiv was a good one today. Lots of young players on those teams worth following.

Lokomotiv
Simashev (ARI) is legit. Didn't notch a point but hes just smooth. Poised, defends well. He just makes the right plays. Stepan Nikulin had a quiet game. Daniil Isayev is coming off contending for goalie of the year.. wasn't very sharp today.

Torpedo
Kovalenko (COL) could be one of the next KHL stars to make the jump. Kid is good. The Avs have him signed but loaned him back to Russia. 6th round pick. Reinforces my opinion that you should really be targeting these Russian guys later in the draft. Many seem to get undervalued. Sergei Goncharuk and Vasili Atanasov notched a couple points. Big 6'7 17 year old LHD Anton Silayev got some action.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Didnt see too much today. Watched a little bit of the beginning of Barys / Novosibirsk just because it was the first game on. Barys have some former NHL/AHLers, including Jeremy Bracco. Sibir has the 2 Klimovich brothers. Yegor (18) & Ivan (20). I was really surprised Yegor went undrafted last year. Theyre both still draft eligible. Ivan wasn't in the lineup this game and Yegor apparently barely played, so I didn't miss much.

I wouldve liked to see the Spartak / Severstal game. Spartak has German Tochilkin, an overager that's still draft eligible. He's spent the past 2 seasons primarily playing pro as a teenager in the VHL and KHL. A handful of games in the MHL as well. Looks like he was in the same boat as teammate Nikita Susyev (STL).. neither played much today. Severstal has a handful of players to keep tabs on. Vasili Shumilov (20) and Ilya Ivantsov (20) might not be the standout ones at the moment but they're the only 2 that are still draft eligible. Danil Aimurzin (21) is one of a few that aged out. He's spent most of the last 3 years playing in the VHL and KHL. His game has translated well from the junior league to against adults. The first 2 games this year they've used him heavily as a top 6 center.

Not to go off on too much of a tangent but one of the reasons it kinda irked me some of the picks we've made the past couple years. Here you have guys that are producing in one the best leagues in the world against grown men. You're removing a huge question mark from the equation, will their game translate to the pros? They already answered that. Aimurzin joins some other promising young KHLers to age out last year. Alex Suvorov, Maxim Fedotov, Vasili Atanasov, who I mentioned in the post above. Other teams targeted these sorts of players last year, guess these guys just slipped through the cracks.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Kravtsov still looks silky out there. He signed for a couple years over there that'll bring him to 25 when it's done. If he can put together a strong couple of seasons I could see a return to NA. Probably not here, but who knows. Obviously it worked out well for Nichuskin. Even a guy like Grigorenko, at the least, probably could've carved out a career as a role player if he chose to stay

Edit: VK, great feed on the PP to set up a goal

Torpedo/SKA
Ridiculous play from Atanasov.. would've hated drafting him. Goal and an apple so far. I'll try to post the highlight

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Brittney Griner was considerably more recent than that. I think it's pretty understandable to want to avoid putting yourself in a position where that becomes a possibility. I certainly wouldn't be doing it right now either.

She actually broke the law though. I'm talking about the insinuation that Americans would get arrested without doing anything wrong.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
She actually broke the law though. I'm talking about the insinuation that Americans would get arrested without doing anything wrong.

Ah, I gotchya. You were responding more to the 'espionage' part.

That's fair, yeah; I do think that as a high profile athlete you would have to weigh your decisions a little differently though. We seen how Griner was leveraged for the release of that arms dealer. And heaven forbid things escalate even farther, you may not have a lot of time to get to the right side of the border.

I imagine it isn't as sketchy as I'm laying it out, but I don't think I would take the risk personally.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Some would argue the 1960s viz. USSR never left. They just went on hiatus.

Pray tell me, where to find a Soviet* in all of Russia rn.

USSR is gone, there is no Soviet in Russia or China for that matter.

*Soviet being the original workers and peasant councils that technically made up the USSR.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Kravtsov still looks silky out there. He signed for a couple years over there that'll bring him to 25 when it's done. If he can put together a strong couple of seasons I could see a return to NA. Probably not here, but who knows. Obviously it worked out well for Nichuskin. Even a guy like Grigorenko, at the least, probably could've carved out a career as a role player if he chose to stay

Edit: VK, great feed on the PP to set up a goal

Torpedo/SKA
Ridiculous play from Atanasov.. would've hated drafting him. Goal and an apple so far. I'll try to post the highlight

Nice moves but that pass was complete blind luck…no look, backhand pass through the defenseman’s legs.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
There is an American WSJ reporter, Evan Gershkovich, in Russian jail since March for "espionage." Broke no laws. Then there is Paul Whelan, also an American detained as a spy... broke no laws.
The fact of the matter right now is that any American in Russia is potentially a bargaining chip for an ever more desperate autocrat. Greiner may have broken a law, but if she hadn't, do you think they would have had any compunctions just SAYING she did if they could use her to bargain with? It's a dumb move for Americans to go to Russia right now.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Things between Russia and the United States can always deteriorate worse than they are now though. It's been trending negative and that ratcheted up hard after the Ukraine invasion. It's not likely anything will get substantially better anytime soon. I don't really think we're headed towards war but the current situation is not nice for anyone. If I were an American player I wouldn't go there---at least not a KHL team in Russia proper.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Atanasov follows up Vadim Moroz' (ARI) snipe with a great move to score a goal of his own. Sitting at 1G 1A so far.. off to a hot start this season. 6 points through 3 games right now.

Another goal for Atanasov. This kid is trending the right way for sure. 2G 1A so far.

Last edited:

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
Pray tell me, where to find a Soviet* in all of Russia rn.

USSR is gone, there is no Soviet in Russia or China for that matter.

*Soviet being the original workers and peasant councils that technically made up the USSR.
In the mind of the Potato Fuhrer presently sitting in Russia's Power Chair. That's the vision that driving The Present Situation, shall we say. And right now he has control of the means and might to make that vision a reality, independent republics notwithstanding and socioeconomic particulars aside.

Reactions: bhamill

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Another kid I really like this year is Michael Hage. The Steel are gonna be a powerhouse once again, and he should be a huge contributor now that he’s healthy. He was a monster in the Canadian juniors circuit two years ago before jumping to the USHL/committing to Michigan.

Trevor Connelly is also super skilled and has great speed. He’ll be the engine for Tri-City’s offense and will likely jump into the top-15 discussion after annihilating the Hlinka

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Only caught the first period but Atanasov grabbed another 2 points today. Tied for 2nd in the league in points right now, 9 in 5 games. All the while only averaging 14 minutes a game. Easily the lowest ice time compared to any number of the leagues top point scorers.

apoptygma

2-5-9-11
Apr 9, 2011
Really looking forward to following the draft rankings this year, as we in Norway have 2 prospects that both might be drafted higher then any norwegian before (highest pick so far in history is Marius Holtet 42 ovr in 2002).

Michael Brandsegg-Nygård (RW, Mora, Allsvenskan) and Stian Solberg (D, Vålerenga, Norwegian league) are both ranked in the top 2 rounds by some. Having sucessfull NHL players really helps getting media attention to the sport.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Torpedo has been fun to follow this year. Emerging as the top team in the league. Bunch of young undrafted and draft eligible players worth following. Nikita Artamonov just notched his first KHL goal. That'll put him at 8 points through 11 KHL games so far. Great production for a first year eligible player. That giant kid Silayev has been fantastic on D. They're both still just 17.

Atanasov scored the game winner in OT off a great feed from Kovalenko (COL). Both now in the top 10 for points

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If I were a US player I wouldn't venture over the KHL any time soon. I'd be frankly scared to death of being detained on some espionage charge or another trumped up accusation.
If I were a US player I'd be all about going to the KHL

have you seen the women? and the cities?

Reactions: Ail

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3