GDT: Game 4: Bruins @ Leafs | HNIC | Justice League Edition | Sat Apr 27, 8 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Nylander back will be a huge boost for the team. If we score the first goal the games in the bag. Nylander should get the typical return goal from injury.

We lose this the series is over, I truly hope Keefe is hammering home that we should treat this as game 7. Lay everything on the line.

GO LEAFS GO
We saw how game 3 against Florida looked last year. That was more of a do or die and we died. Keefe is a terrible motivator or our core doesn't give a flying f. Or both.

Reactions: torontoblood

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Shouldn't he be telling him to treat it like a Game 2??

They have been awful in Game 7's
Lmao don't kill me.

I'm just hoping for Magic Mitch to come back, dude had been a ghost. He needs to find another gear in the playoffs.

Do_Something_meme_banner_imag.jpg

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
I don't like that there is a bit of pressure on this team(not exactly diamonds in this group..). Hopefully, Nylander can offset it with some Styles!

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I was one of the guys who was furious with the media's low opinion of him.

I was wrong. They were right.

Whew.....that felt good. Admitting defeat is cathartic.
I just find it incredible that the guy we are sitting has been 3rd or 4th in TOI in the playoffs. You would simply expect him to be playing the least amount of minutes. So now Brodie is to come in and go to 3rd or 4th? This better work.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
He single handedly cost us that game? Didn’t realize we were guaranteed a win otherwise with only scoring 2 goals.

It’s amazing we haven’t won more then in recent history, considering we’ve only scored more than 2 goals once in our last 10 playoff games. Those darn Leaf goalies! Ruining everything!

100% this... so tired of hearing that we got goalied and our goalies aren't making saves and blah blah blah.. this team was built with a huge amount of money going to top end forwards.

SCORE

It is a totally flawed way to build a team because a stable defense and good goaltending do win a lot more championships than offense.. but you gotta roll with what you got. So just score. I don't want to hear anything about expected goals and other baloney. I want actual goals from these guys making tons of money to play hockey.

This means you Matthews, Marner, and Nylander.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Yep, we are so much tougher than Boston, and look at how we are destroying them... excited for knuckle-dragging hockey.

Do people really think toughness is what we are missing?

Tough enough to compete and be effective without coughing up the puck endlessly after being hit big difference.

Lilly
Timmins
Brodie
And to a lesser extent Reilly who has been a non factor for a long time now.
million for what?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Tough enough to compete and be effective without coughing up the puck endlessly after being hit big difference.

Lilly
Timmins
Brodie
And to a lesser extent Reilly who has been a non factor for a long time now.
million for what?

Bertuzzi is beating everyone by a fair bit in giveaways...

Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 3.57.55 PM.png

Everyone else has 1 or less.

A lot of "tough" guys on this list.

Reactions: authentic

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
the above is what happens when someone forgets that hockey is entertainment.

Winning is more entertaining than losing, but that's just me, some people like losing.

This isn't even the most we've taken it to a team... the Simmonds/Clifford series against Tampa was more fun to watch even when losing.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Winning is more entertaining than losing, but that's just me, some people like losing.

This isn't even the most we've taken it to a team... the Simmonds/Clifford series against Tampa was more fun to watch even when losing.
I get that you young progressive whippersnappers truly don't understand why "knuckle dragging" hockey is more entertaining, but you will.

one day, you will.

until then, enjoy not understanding.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I get that you young progressive whippersnappers truly don't understand why "knuckle dragging" hockey is more entertaining, but you will.

one day, you will.

I agree, but only when losing, it is more fun.

I just prefer winning and watching more hockey, but that's me.

I'm sure winning a cup or going to the conference finals doesn't come close to losing in 6 but hitting a lot.

Hopefully people start to realize this type of poster and dry up the stream under his bridge.

Just ask for a tag that says "safe space" and put it on some threads and I won't post...

I think conflicting ideas is good, but some people are too fragile, I don't mind avoiding the ones who are.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Are they flip flopping their goalies again

I hope so, if they switch, it is idiotic.

As a fan I'd rather face Ullmark, Swayman has been amazing.

I've seen at least one article saying they are keeping with Swayman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

one day, you will.

Great explanation, I especially like the “one day, you will” reminds me of what my dad used to say after I once again ignoring his advice and I did something stupid………

Hopefully people start to realize this type of poster and dry up the stream under his bridge.
Replying to him is like talking to the wall……..

Reactions: HolyCrap

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Great explanation, I especially like the “one day, you will” reminds me of what my dad used to say after I once again ignoring his advice and I did something stupid………

Replying to him is like talking to the wall……..
At least a wall has a decent idea about hockey or life in general.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Maybe there was a reason LA didn't want him in a trade? People here wanted the guy in the lineup years ago when he clearly wasn't ready, the low down there was he lacked hockey IQ, he couldn't process the game at a high level. You can't teach that, we've given him forever to figure it out, to the point this year we benched other guys to keep him in there, beyond merit. He's a right D, otherwise he wouldn't even be in the conversation. It isn't over for him, but man he's spinning his wheels and hasn't made any progress I can see for the last two years.
Maybe the issue is our idiot coach has most of our young players constantly worrying about making mistakes and ending up in the press box? Keefe doesn't give ANY young guys the rope he gives the vets when it comes to breakdowns and errors. I keep seeing articles complaining about the Leafs being unable to develop young guys since Babcock; consider maybe it's because we have a coach who seems to be actively hostile to playing young guys in a way that allows them to develop?

Reactions: egd27 and ashs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad