Speculation: 2023 UFA| Should we target someone?

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I'd add grit and depth, but damn we have to trade some pieces before that.

Bertuzzi, I'd like a lot, but will ask for a lot more than he's worth, otherwise Killorn, Wood and Olivier would be nice up front.

But yeah, deals will have to be made.

Otherwise this UFA class ain't that enticing.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
We need 2 top 6 players. (age) I would prefer Anderson to the 3rd line and Gallagher to the 4th.

OFFENSE

Caufield (22)-Suzuki (23)-X
Slafkovsky (19)-Dach (22)-Anderson (29)
Hoffman (33)-Dvorak (27)-Gallagher (31)
Harvey-Pinard (24)-Evans (27)-Armia (30)
Extras: Pezzetta (25), Ylonen (23)

Waivers for Laval: Condotta (25), Teasdale (24), Pitlick (26)

Gurianov : I would take him back but not at that cap space. He needs to agree to a reduced salary. We will know soon because they will not qualify him if he wants to stay at 2.9M. If he stays, he could be tried on the top 2 lines.

Let go: Monahan (28), Byron (34), Tierney (28). Drouin (28), Belzile (31)

If we acquire P-L Dubois, I would try to unload Dvorak for sure in the deal.

Hoffman will have more value at the trade deadline.

DEFENSE
Matheson (29)-Savard(32)
Edmundson (29)-Barron (21)
Guhle(21)-Harris(22)/Xhekaj(22)
Kovacevic(25)

Waivers for Laval: Wideman (33)

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux91

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
What about Patrick Kane? 1 year at 6M. He'll be out for good chunk of the year. Won't count against the cap until he's back. We help him get healthy and ease him in when he's ready. Move him to a contender at the Trade Deadline

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
I will also sign Patrick Kane for 5-6m. Trade him to a good team for a second round pick.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Kane is done. Hip surgery will probably keep him out until January and he will probably done as an effective player anyway.
he would still be one of our best forwards.....we finished 5th worst last season and dead last the year before that Kane is one of the most talented players of this past decade our youngsters could learn from a player like him whos won it all a la Perry

It wont happen but it would be cool to see him wearing the bleu blanc rouge just like Perry,Radulov and Kovalchuk in the past

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Would require trading away several guys:
Matheson - Savard
Edmundson - Barron
Guhle - Harris
Xhekaj - Wideman
Kovacevic

My thinking is that he basically replaces Wideman, particularly his minutes on PP.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Dumba would be a great add to mentor Guhle on a 2-3 year deal IMO.

The fact he’s spent his career in Minny, having gained US residency, automatically opens up the bonus structured contract approach, putting Habs in a favorable financial negotiation position vs peers, unless of course said player has no interest in Mtl / Canada market

Reactions: DailyKaizen

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
If we want to improve next year, Severson is the guy they should seriously target
More expensive than Dumba ($ and term), but another player the Habs would have financial leverage vs peers if they choose to go after - and another Western boy to partner w Guhle

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
I want the youngsters to play their game with lots of minutes. Only player additions I would consider is goon type players to protect them from all the cheap shots they received last season.

-Vincent Desharnais (Not a UFA but a local boy)
-Ryan Reaves

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Jul 6, 2016
IF Habs could somehow got rid of Hoffman, Armia and or Gally, I would like them to sign Killorn, the perfect LW for Suzuki and Caufield.

i also would add some muscle and grit for Laval with Viel and Imama.

I honestly think they do re-sign him actually
Now that the price tag will be most likely work for us

The team was... interesting with him in the mix, you could definitely see right away what makes him a really good player
Just those pesky non stop injuries..
Monahan would be fine IF Dubois is not acquired and Dvorak, not gone in that trade. But I lost a bit of respect for him since he admitted having played injured just to have the chance to play in Calgary last Fall. He spent the rest of the season off the ice and was paid the big bucks to do so. Ad who knows how healthy he is right now ..... ????

Jul 6, 2016
I want the youngsters to play their game with lots of minutes. Only player additions I would consider is goon type players to protect them from all the cheap shots they received last season.

-Vincent Desharnais (Not a UFA but a local boy)
-Ryan Reaves
Desharnais is not a goon. Just a strong tall boy. And we already have everything we need on D. I prefer a forward for that job.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
IF Habs could somehow got rid of Hoffman, Armia and or Gally, I would like them to sign Killorn, the perfect LW for Suzuki and Caufield.

i also would add some muscle and grit for Laval with Viel and Imama.

Monahan would be fine IF Dubois is not acquired and Dvorak, not gone in that trade. But I lost a bit of respect for him since he admitted having played injured just to have the chance to play in Calgary last Fall. He spent the rest of the season off the ice and was paid the big bucks to do so. Ad who knows how healthy he is right now ..... ????
I want nothing to do with Monahan. He’s guaranteed not to stay healthy and he was just good enough to help us win those extra 5 games at the beginning of the year that took us out of the Bedard sweepstakes.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Perry WANTS to come back to Montreal or Facebook hockey fans want Perry to come back. Lol

I'm pretty neutral about that too. We have too many forwards as it is, and he's continued to slow down.

But, I loved Perry when he was here, and would welcome him back if he was OK with being 13th forward.
I would think that his first choice would be a team that has a shot at the cup.

Perry was a good role model, I
think.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Dumba would be a great add to mentor Guhle on a 2-3 year deal IMO.

The fact he’s spent his career in Minny, having gained US residency, automatically opens up the bonus structured contract approach, putting Habs in a favorable financial negotiation position vs peers, unless of course said player has no interest in Mtl / Canada market

Guhle is already better than Dumba who never was very good. His name is actually very apt considering his low hockey IQ.

I would target Perry as a great leadership guy, a top six guy (would Patches come back? :)) and a top four D.
He is the perfect mentor for Slaf. He has so many tricks around the net and along the boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad