Speculation: 2023 UFA| Should we target someone?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
The UFA frenzy is approaching, are we going to be active or not?

The main players out there to grab free of assets are:

SulTt.png

SulTO.png

SulTe.png

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Yeah, some RFA's in there... I thought CapFriendly will only list UFAs.

You can still give your opinion instead no?
Nobody moves the bar long-term and Bergevin's legacy 3 amigos don't leave any roster spots anyways barring sending Slaf or one of the young D to Laval to create a spot, In that case, probably take on a contract for picks or take a flyer on a young waiver player instead of the UFA market unless it is to overpay on a 1 year deal to flip at the deadline.

Reactions: Belial

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
nothing worthy.
Team is not ready at all.
We already have 2 goalies unless we trade one.
Harris Guhle JackEye Edmundson Savard Matheson Barron (more rookies and wideman)

Caufield-Suzuki-Anderson-Dvorak-Gallagher-Evans-Dach-Hoffman-Armia-Pitlick-Slaf (they are not smart enough to send him in the AHL) , Ylonen
thats 12 forwards already

Let's say Pitlick and slaf goes ahl that's 10.

Pezetta and Gurianov are RFA if they decide to sign both we have 12.
Perhaps 1-2 rookie make it.

Our roster is pretty full unless we trade but those Ufas are not looking good at all and they are not what we need right now.

Reactions: themilosh

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Killorn 27 goals and guy I would target. It's free 65 points. Character and leadership too. With 2 Cup rings.

Talk on Facebook Perry wants come back here. Kind of neutral on this one. Unless they can get big haul for Anderson. Perry size and grit, would fill some of his void
I would sign Killorn if he agrees on a 2-year deal 3 years max.

Great role model for all the hustlers we have.

Depends on the money of course. He'll probably look for big bucks...

Reactions: HankyZetts

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
It really depends on how Hughes operates from now until FA starts. Will Hughes make any trades? Will he sell and retain on a (now healthy) Eddy? Will he move 37pt man Josh Anderson? Dvorak? Will he make any hockey move at the draft? Cole Caufield will he be signed? Monahan on a super cheap contract? What of Pierre-Luc Dubois? I don't think they'll enter the season with as weak and impotent a forward line as they did last season. I think we'll see some hockey additions. Hughes and MSL didn't seem like they want to tank for year another year.

But if they go for cap flexibility and some light tanking -- can they, for instance, sell Dvorak and sign Eller on a one year deal as a gapstop?

We are near our contract limit too, it seems.

Who would I want? Assuming we have no big surprise moves coming up, I'd offer a deal to Pacioretty actually. If we can acquire PLD, and sign Pacioretty and Monahan to injury-bonus heavy deals our forward corps will be much better albeit super brittle. The brittleness doesn't matter, we won't be seeking playoff glory next year but as long as they don't hurt we will have good scoring depth and can inflate the point totals of our players and raise their trade value for the deadline.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
It really depends on how Hughes operates from now until FA starts. Will Hughes make any trades? Will he sell and retain on a (now healthy) Eddy? Will he move 37pt man Josh Anderson? Dvorak? Will he make any hockey move at the draft? Cole Caufield will he be signed? Monahan on a super cheap contract? What of Pierre-Luc Dubois? I don't think they'll enter the season with as weak and impotent a forward line as they did last season. I think we'll see some hockey additions. Hughes and MSL didn't seem like they want to tank for year another year.

But if they go for cap flexibility and some light tanking -- can they, for instance, sell Dvorak and sign Eller on a one year deal as a gapstop?

We are near our contract limit too, it seems.

Who would I want? Assuming we have no big surprise moves coming up, I'd offer a deal to Pacioretty actually. If we can acquire PLD, and sign Pacioretty and Monahan to injury-bonus heavy deals our forward corps will be much better albeit super brittle. The brittleness doesn't matter, we won't be seeking playoff glory next year but as long as they don't hurt we will have good scoring depth and can inflate the point totals of our players and raise their trade value for the deadline.
What's your problem with guys like Dvorak and Anderson?

These guys are your support cast, they're not supposed to get you 100 points for god sake...

Dvorak makes less than 5M... but you shit on him like he was making 9M!

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
What's your problem with guys like Dvorak and Anderson?

These guys are your support cast, they're not supposed to get you 100 points for god sake...

Dvorak makes less than 5M... but you shit on him like he was making 9M!
I'm sorry, I was under the impression you wanted to initiate a conversation about the Habs roster planning.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Please point out where I've 'shit on' Dvorak.

Neither Dvorak or Anderson are part of this team's core, therefore they're both liable to be traded away. I didn't figure it's a controversial statement.
Come on man, you think Dvorak is useless... this is not news here

Theran189

Jun 24, 2006
Come on man, you think Dvorak is useless... this is not news here
Maybe not totally useless, but for sure totally heartless. You don’t want that surrounding kids on a rebuilding team.
Anderson is more of a question of selling while value is high as he might not be in top shape once the team contends.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Killorn 27 goals and guy I would target. It's free 65 points. Character and leadership too. With 2 Cup rings.

Talk on Facebook Perry wants come back here. Kind of neutral on this one. Unless they can get big haul for Anderson. Perry size and grit, would fill some of his void
They only one I'd give a call to. To have a role model for the boys in the locker room, it'd be worth it. 2-3 years. I reckon he will get more than that on the market but I'd shoot my shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad