Speculation: 2023 UFA| Should we target someone?

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
The UFA frenzy is approaching, are we going to be active or not?

The main players out there to grab free of assets are:

SulTt.png

SulTO.png

SulTe.png
We're good, thanks.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Killorn 27 goals and guy I would target. It's free 65 points. Character and leadership too. With 2 Cup rings.

Talk on Facebook Perry wants come back here. Kind of neutral on this one. Unless they can get big haul for Anderson. Perry size and grit, would fill some of his void

Perry WANTS to come back to Montreal or Facebook hockey fans want Perry to come back. Lol

I'm pretty neutral about that too. We have too many forwards as it is, and he's continued to slow down.

But, I loved Perry when he was here, and would welcome him back if he was OK with being 13th forward.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Perry WANTS to come back to Montreal or Facebook hockey fans want Perry to come back. Lol

I'm pretty neutral about that too. We have too many forwards as it is, and he's continued to slow down.

But, I loved Perry when he was here, and would welcome him back if he was OK with being 13th forward.
Of course it's a Facebook thing... Perry will play with a contending team

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
my heart says Kane because hes been one of my favorite players this past decade but woudlnt make sense for either side

Killorn would be good short term but hes probably looking for a big contract so thats a no

Habs need RDs so maybe management will target one of Dumba or Severson

JT3

May 27, 2013
I'd give Monahan a shot as well if he's healthy. We have the opportunity to sign him to a cheap bonus laden contract cause of his injuries, so there's little to no risk there. He's a good vet and mentor and if he can stay healthy could get us a nice return, especially if he's on such a cheap deal.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Mathieu Olivier is an RFA with NSH.

Monahan can sign something like a 2M base + 2M team-determined performance bonus contract for one year. Move him at the deadline if we aren't competitive.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
my heart says Kane because hes been one of my favorite players this past decade but woudlnt make sense for either side

Killorn would be good short term but hes probably looking for a big contract so thats a no

Habs need RDs so maybe management will target one of Dumba or Severson
Kane is done. Hip surgery will probably keep him out until January and he will probably done as an effective player anyway.

• Wow
Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think the Habs top need in the UFA market would be a bonafide top 2 RHD to solidy the defence. Someone like Severson would really fit the bill for the Habs.

Reactions: Redux91

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I wouldn't mind taking a gamble on Klingberg. Could help our woeful pp and if things go right, improve his value so we can flip him at the deadline like Anaheim did this year.

Would require trading away several guys:
Matheson - Savard
Edmundson - Barron
Guhle - Harris
Xhekaj - Wideman
Kovacevic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad