HF Habs: 2023 Roster, Schedule & Standings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Can see us beating Ottawa both games because they're just trash. They should win, but they won't.

Got a feeling they'll get amped to play Toronto and Boston, so it's possible we may get W's, though less likely versus Boston. Thinking an OT loss to Toronto. Think we'll split versus the Isles.

See us going 3-8-1 in the games listed.

No matter where they are in the standings, Sens always get themselves going against the Habs. Sens have a chance to win those games. And if Habs beat them it'll be by the skin of their teeth.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We can't force Monahan to sign a value contract though. And we are not in a good position to offer him something he can't refuse.

Suzuki

Dobois sign/trade (hopefully)

Dvorak or Monahan. I'd be content with either but I prefer Monahan. However, it depends on what Monahan would sign for and also depends on what we can get at the deadline.
Yeah I'd definitely prefer Monahan to Dvorak. But, Dvorak is better for the tank this year and over the next few...

And yes, although we sorely need a 2c, as we see while Monahan is out, it is possible we can snag someone like Dubois when it's time to be good again. But, there's no guarantee we get Dubois or someone that good. Maybe Hughes tries to accelerate the rebuild by acquiring Dubois and re-signing Monahan... In hindsight, 2022 1st overall for Dubois may not have been a bad trade..

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
I will say while now im team tank it's always a slog getting through seasons like this
hopefully this si the last one as I expect us to be competing for a wildcard next year, with some of the deadwood gone, youngsters taking next steps, prospects graduating (Roy? Farrell? Beck? Mailloux? next draft 1st picks?) and maybe 1 or 2 signings

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
2-10-1 the last 13 games
Can't say we not trying

Exactly one month ago:

December 10th: Habs were in 21st place with 28 pts in 27 GP.
January 10th: Habs are in 27th place with 35 pts in 41 GP.

So they dropped 6 spots in the standings within a month. They only gained 7 pts in 14 games in that span. In the last month, they played .250 hockey.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Our 2nd and 3rd lines won't improve until we get better centers. Reality. We seen the difference with a healthy Monahan vs without him. Suzuki needs help behind him to spread out the load and make other teams focus on 3 lines vs just one.

We have to build up our centers or we go nowhere. And Dach is more like a play making winger than a true type center (today). Could change in the future as he matures.
Like i said, we had lot of succes with waiver player. He would not have made us a top team. But a little bit better. You also get him for free. If he does not work with us, you waive him to Laval. I'm tire of the Drouin, Armia or Hoffman. He is only 23 years old and a first round pick. He could have try him for a couple of games.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Looking at the remaining strength of schedule is interesting *(from Tankathon)

Strength of schedule in brackets below:

1. Chicago -24 pts (17th)
2. Columbus - 26 pts (4th)
3. Anaheim - 28 pts (30th)
4. San Jose - 32 pts (11th)
5. Arizona - 31 pts (26th)
6. Montreal - 35 pts (1st)
7. Vancouver - 37 pts (21st)
8. Philly - 39 pts (7th)
9. Ottawa - 39 pts (13th)
10. Florida - 40 pts (6th)

It's promising, Florida has the 6th toughest schedule remaining and we have the first. I think we can easily slide up to 4th, higher than that will require some luck but Anaheim has one of the weakest remaining schedules in the league.

I don't see Philly (because of Torts) or Ottawa embracing any form of tank either. Florida could slide up a bit.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Looking at the remaining strength of schedule is interesting *(from Tankathon)

Strength of schedule in brackets below:

1. Chicago -24 pts (17th)
2. Columbus - 26 pts (4th)
3. Anaheim - 28 pts (30th)
4. San Jose - 32 pts (11th)
5. Arizona - 31 pts (26th)
6. Montreal - 35 pts (1st)
7. Vancouver - 37 pts (21st)
8. Philly - 39 pts (7th)
9. Ottawa - 39 pts (13th)
10. Florida - 40 pts (6th)

It's promising, Florida has the 6th toughest schedule remaining and we have the first. I think we can easily slide up to 4th, higher than that will require some luck but Anaheim has one of the weakest remaining schedules in the league.

I don't see Philly (because of Torts) or Ottawa embracing any form of tank either. Florida could slide up a bit.

Nice. It's tracking much better than I would have imagined. I had the Habs in the 5-10 or 8-12 range and the Panthers in the 10-20 range.

Habs should be also younger and younger as the season moves along too.

Panthers players in about a month's time will be deflated and give up on the playoffs.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Richard has been sent down to Laval. Monahan should not be far from a come back.
Monaghan has proven himself at the beginning of the season and even more during his absence. If he comes back and the Habs string a few wins together again, GMs will place a ton of value on Monaghan’s impact and we may see him get traded for that 3rd first HuGo is looking for

Reactions: SupRocket

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
so bizarre . lol sorry to clog this thread. it still doesn't work. i can find GDT of other teams, but not here. thx anyway
Did you try clearing your cache? Whenever this site does crazy shit on me, that’s what I do.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Monaghan has proven himself at the beginning of the season and even more during his absence. If he comes back and the Habs string a few wins together again, GMs will place a ton of value on Monaghan’s impact and we may see him get traded for that 3rd first HuGo is looking for
With the Habs adding so much youth would it make sense to keep a solid vet like Monahan?
He is a solid top 6 center and for sure Suzuki is struggling without him in the line up.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
With the Habs adding so much youth would it make sense to keep a solid vet like Monahan?
He is a solid top 6 center and for sure Suzuki is struggling without him in the line up
Nice. It's tracking much better than I would have imagined. I had the Habs in the 5-10 or 8-12 range and the Panthers in the 10-20 range.

Habs should be also younger and younger as the season moves along too.

Panthers players in about a month's time will be deflated and give up on the playoffs.
Two top 10 picks in this particular draft is a major piece for this rebuild.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
He is a solid top 6 center and for sure Suzuki is struggling without him in the line up
Ya but if you’re getting a 1st or a prospect for him then if you’re HuGo you have to take it. I personally think he said that he might keep him just to raise his value to a 1st. You can always tell him that there’s a contract ready for him in the summer if he wants to come back. If not, you’ll have other options to help the kids including PLD later.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Ya but if you’re getting a 1st or a prospect for him then if you’re HuGo you have to take it. I personally think he said that he might keep him just to raise his value to a 1st. You can always tell him that there’s a contract ready for him in the summer if he wants to come back. If not, you’ll have other options to help the kids including PLD later.
Pld may not be an option. But yes, hopefully there will be others. And, trading Monahan helpsbthe tank for this year and perhaps others. Would be great to get a top 4 pick.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Two top 10 picks in this particular draft is a major piece for this rebuild.

Depends on what Monahan would sign for and what we could get for him at the deadline. You can't force Monahan to sign the team friendly deal and I'm not prepared to sign him for 5 years. 3 years at $4M or $4.5M max. Do you think he signs that?

I value Monahan and what he provided for us in those 25 games but not emotionally attached to him. It comes down to information we don't have. Does Gorton/Hughes have a good indication they can trade for Dubois and sign him (they likely talked to the Jets last summer about that) and if we keep Monahan, how difficult will it be to move Dvorak? In either the Dubois trade or another one?

If the best offer is a 2nd rounder but Monahan is willing to sign for 3x $4M, I'd sign him. That's one example

Reactions: Tyson

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
In principle it makes a lot of sense to re-sign Monahan but it comes down to what is being offered in trade and what he's willing to re-sign for before the TDL.

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
Monahan is a total bandaid. Would not sign him more than 2 years, which he likely won’t accept.

Also, trading him ASAP is a must. Would take a 2nd now if it means more losses than us going .500 until the TDL for a 1st for monahan

Reactions: Milhouse40

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Can see us beating Ottawa both games because they're just trash. They should win, but they won't.

Got a feeling they'll get amped to play Toronto and Boston, so it's possible we may get W's, though less likely versus Boston. Thinking an OT loss to Toronto. Think we'll split versus the Isles.

See us going 3-8-1 in the games listed.
The way we are playing right now, we aren't beating anyone. If the game is on the road. It's an automatic loss in regulation. If it's a home game, it's a miracle if we win. There would be no doubt that we are picking top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad