HF Habs: 2023 Roster, Schedule & Standings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Try logging out then clicking the link. At least that way you can check if it's a personal account setting and not a link issue.
so bizarre . lol sorry to clog this thread. it still doesn't work. i can find GDT of other teams, but not here. thx anyway

Reactions: Gravity

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
How much would you gauge Caulfield would ned to improve to be a franchise player?
I would also add Caufield isnt a complete all around player. He isnt really good defensively, neither physically. He is all offense. His shots is elite thought. So he is a star player. I agree. He is gonna score 40 goals for us. But it’s like saying Stephane Richer was an elite plAyer. Elite to me is like Beniers. Good offensively, Score goals, good defensively aand add physicality to his game. He checks 3 box.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
How much would you gauge Caulfield would ned to improve to be a franchise player?
I’ll bite.

I think minimum 50-goals per season for a length of time, sniffing if not getting 60+ at least a couple times. Winning a few Rockets as well as a Ted Lindsey and/or Hart thrown in as the latter two are typically won by players who carry the team.

I mean, these are obviously lofty asks and HOF type of accolades but to me anyways, a franchise player should be the most impactful player on the team. Not necessarily a generational player but should be damn elite and a player you build around.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
All the games were shutouts tonight - so far. Doubt LAK - Oilers game has a shutout.

Nashville wins 3-0 over Ottawa. If Sens had gotten a point they would have tied, and passed Florida. Can't count on them for anything. Nashville at least moves 4 pts up on Florida with still 2 games in hand.

Flyers move within a point of Florida with a 4-0 win over Buffalo. Sabres still have 3 games in hand on Florida.

And, Montreal loses 4-0, continuing on their tanking ways.

We stay at #6 for now. Florida #11.

Tomorrow night, SJS @ Arizona! Someone is getting 2 points closer.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
All the games were shutouts tonight - so far. Doubt LAK - Oilers game has a shutout.

Nashville wins 3-0 over Ottawa. If Sens had gotten a point they would have tied, and passed Florida. Can't count on them for anything. Nashville at least moves 4 pts up on Florida with still 2 games in hand.

Flyers move within a point of Florida with a 4-0 win over Buffalo. Sabres still have 3 games in hand on Florida.

And, Montreal loses 4-0, continuing on their tanking ways.

We stay at #6 for now. Florida #11.

Tomorrow night, SJS @ Arizona! Someone is getting 2 points closer.

I’d say it was an acceptable tank night. Even though OTT and BUF could had used the points, NSH and PHI need them also.

We lost, so that’s good since there’s some key games tomorrow where we stay at #6 regardless of results but some teams may gain ground on us.

FLA plays COL tomorrow so hoping for them to lose and DET pull off a win versus WPG.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
We have been a lot worse than even the bottom 3 teams. Just look at the goal differential. It won't be long before we are #1.
Screenshot_20230110_022615_Chrome.jpg

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Caufield is not a franchise player, I'm sorry.

He's a star, for sure, but that's not the same level.
But the lament was if we draft 6th or later, we won't get a franchise player. Who is to say that picks 2-5 will be 40+ goal scorers by their sophomore year?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Desired results tonight:

- FLA regulation loss to COL: COL would move 5 pts up on FLA with 3 games in hand.

As many of the following games ending in OT/SO, the better:

- CBJ win vs. TBL: CBJ win would move them 7 pts behind MTL. TBL win would move them 11 pts up on FLA.
- BUF win vs. SEA: BUF win + FLA reg. loss = BUF moves 4 pts up on FLA with 3 games in hand.
- VAN win vs. PIT: VAN win + FLA reg. loss = VAN moves 1 pt behind FLA with 2 games in hand. PIT win + FLA reg. loss = PIT moves 8 pts up.
- DET win vs. WPG: DET win or OT/SO loss + FLA reg. loss = DET moves ahead of FLA. If win, they move 1 pt up. If OT/SO loss, they tie in pts but have 3 games in hand.
- NYI win vs. DAL: NYI win + FLA reg. loss = NYI moves 8 pts up on FLA.

- STL vs. CGY: STL win + FLA reg. loss = STL moves 5 pts up on FLA. CGY win + FLA reg. loss = CGY moves 8 pts up on FLA.
- NYR vs. MIN: NYR win + FLA reg. loss = NYR move 13 pts up on FLA. MIN win + FLA reg. loss = MIN move 9 pts up on FLA.
- SJS vs. ARI: SJS win moves them 1 pt behind MTL. ARI win moves them 2 pts behind MTL and will have 1 game in hand.

So the only movement possible is if FLA loses in regulation and DET picks up at least 1 point. Then FLA drops one spot, from 22nd to 23rd. But even if FLA wins, they don't move up any spots. So they will either end the night exactly where they are, in 22nd place, or they will drop one spot to 23rd.

And the other thing we know for sure is that either SJS or ARI will get even closer to MTL and just about to pass them.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Why did we pass on Tolvanen when he was on waivers?

I hope having Drouin, Dadonov, and Hoffman already on the 23 man NHL roster had nothing to do with it. They should be in Laval.
I has asking myself the same question... We should have pick him up. First round pick and still young. We have been having lot of succes with waivers lately. Tolvanen could have helped us in the second line.

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I has asking myself the same question... Why should have pick him up. First round pick and still young. We have been having lot of succes with waivers lately. Tolvanen could have helped us in the second line.
I agree Drouin and Dadonov are getting too long a leash. Vrana was also worth considering.

Reactions: ReHabs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I has asking myself the same question... Why should have pick him up. First round pick and still young. We have been having lot of succes with waivers lately. Tolvanen could have helped us in the second line.

Our 2nd and 3rd lines won't improve until we get better centers. Reality. We seen the difference with a healthy Monahan vs without him. Suzuki needs help behind him to spread out the load and make other teams focus on 3 lines vs just one.

We have to build up our centers or we go nowhere. And Dach is more like a play making winger than a true type center (today). Could change in the future as he matures.

Reactions: SupRocket

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Jan 12 vs NSH
Jan 14 @ NYI
Jan 15 @ NYR
Jan 17 vs WPG
Jan 19 vs FLA
Jan 21 vs TOR
Jan 24 vs BOS
Jan 26 vs DET
Jan 28 @ OTT
Jan 31 vs OTT

All-star break and bye week

Feb 11 vs NYI
Feb 12 vs EDM

Reverend Lovejoy voice: And it goes on like this...

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Jan 12 vs NSH
Jan 14 @ NYI
Jan 15 @ NYR
Jan 17 vs WPG
Jan 19 vs FLA
Jan 21 vs TOR
Jan 24 vs BOS
Jan 26 vs DET
Jan 28 @ OTT
Jan 31 vs OTT

All-star break and bye week

Feb 11 vs NY!
Feb 12 vs EDM

Reverend Lovejoy voice: And it goes on like this...

Can see us beating Ottawa both games because they're just trash. They should win, but they won't.

Got a feeling they'll get amped to play Toronto and Boston, so it's possible we may get W's, though less likely versus Boston. Thinking an OT loss to Toronto. Think we'll split versus the Isles.

See us going 3-8-1 in the games listed.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Winning % with MSL last season appears to be more of the same this season.
Having Monahan, Matheson, etc.. out of the lineup has made a huge difference. We need to have talent to compete. And they're not even elite.

It will be interesting to see if Hughes moves Monahan. It would be great for the tank. But it would really set us back over the next 3 years. I'm personally for the tank and building up young talent through the draft, in particular top 5 picks. But let's see which direction Hughes picks...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Having Monahan, Matheson, etc.. out of the lineup has made a huge difference. We need to have talent to compete. And they're not even elite.

It will be interesting to see if Hughes moves Monahan. It would be great for the tank. But it would really set us back over the next 3 years. I'm personally for the tank and building up young talent through the draft, in particular top 5 picks. But let's see which direction Hughes picks...

We can't force Monahan to sign a value contract though. And we are not in a good position to offer him something he can't refuse.

Suzuki

Dobois sign/trade (hopefully)

Dvorak or Monahan. I'd be content with either but I prefer Monahan. However, it depends on what Monahan would sign for and also depends on what we can get at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad