HF Habs: 2023 Roster, Schedule & Standings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs are bottom 5 in both Giveaways/60 and Takeaways/60. Blocks/60 is solid (top 10) but Hits/60 is also bottom 5. Very weak in 3 of 4 intangibles.

16th in faceoff %. Was better when Monahan was in the line-up.

Bottom 5 in shots/GP. Bottom 7 in shots against/GP.

PK was strong to start the season but it's now bottom 10. PP had a little run where we were doing well but that was a little run. We have the worse PP (again)

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
The more it goes, the less I believe we can crack the Top 4.

My guess is we'll pick 5th-6th with our pick, and 12th-13th with Florida's.

This will get us two solid players, but still very disappointing as we'll miss yet again on drafting a true superstar franchise forward, something we didn't have since Guy Lafleur.

Kent Hughes should trade the goalies and fuel the tank. Soon.

Over the last 17 games our goalies have a combined 4.08 GAA and .876 save %, they aren't preventing us from tanking.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

This will get us two solid players, but still very disappointing as we'll miss yet again on drafting a true superstar franchise forward, something we didn't have since Guy Lafleur.

Be careful with that. The goalies are stealing 2 games for every 8 they stink.

I guess a sophomore trending to 40-50 goals doesn't register with you? I mean other than Bedard, is there anyone else in the draft crop you are sure will score more than 40-50 per year?

Last edited:
Reactions: Colezuki

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
So we’re 6 losses back from last place Chicago with a half-season left to play. Tankathon has us as having the hardest remaining schedule while Chicago ranks as 17th hardest. There’s still a chance that we get whatever the opposite of the President’s trophy is. I’m guessing it’s called the Asshole trophy just based on my card game skills.
The whole 6 game thing is very misleading though because we would actually need something closer to a 20 game losing streak to drop below Chicago because at their current pace it will take them 19.5 games to earn the 12 points needed to pass us.

There's a chance but it's really much much smaller then the "6 games" would suggest.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Let's put it this way, if Chicago and Arizona are playing, Chicago winning increases our odds at Bedard more than Arizona winning. As long as that 32nd place is mathematically possible, you aim for it (from a tanking perspective).
No, not if that is virtually impossible anyway, but the few extra wins of Chicago knock San José and Arizona below us.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
It' not impossible. 11 pts back. Still half the season left to play.
1673303884359.gif

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
How much would you gauge Caulfield would ned to improve to be a franchise player?

Would need to make others around him better, and have more assists.

He'd need to be Top 10 in points year in year out or in contention.

As it is, Caufield currently is not as good as Kovalev was in 2007-2008. A franchise player would need to be at least as good as 2008 Kovalev, for multiple years.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Would need to make others around him better, and have more assists.

He'd need to be Top 10 in points year in year out or in contention.

As it is, Caufield currently is not as good as Kovalev was in 2007-2008. A franchise player would need to be at least as good as 2008 Kovalev, for multiple years.
Cole is not a franchise player. But he also have almost no one to pass the puck too, when he does the player doesn’t put it in the net, he’s almost the only one who score on this team so that’s kinda normal he doesn’t get as many assists. He would rack up assists if he would have another elite player to play with (suzuki is great don’t get me wrong).

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Cole is not a franchise player. But he also have almost no one to pass the puck too, when he does the player doesn’t put it in the net, he’s almost the only one who score on this team so that’s kinda normal he doesn’t get as many assists. He would rack up assists if he would have another elite player to play with (suzuki is great don’t get me wrong).

A franchise player would exactly turn pylons into goalscorers.

That's what a Connor Bedard could do.

I'm not blaming Caufield at all, he's great.

Reactions: Troyp

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Chicago just won 2 in a row, anything is possible.

Stalock was really good for them in both those games.

Mrazek has been their tank commander.
In 14gp: 4.19 g/a & .878 save percentage.

Stalock in 13 gp: 2.54 g/a & .923 save percentage.

If you recall, Chicago got off to a really hot start. They were even challenging for top 3 in Central. That was because of Stalock. Then he got hurt. He was out almost 2 months with a concussion.

Mrazek took over & Chicago tanked hard, because he's the worst goalie in the NHL, bar none.

Well, Stalock is back, and he's still great.

Chicago could very well see an up tick in their winning percentage just because of Stalock. Instead of .250, I can see them playing at .400 to .500 like earlier in the season.

Unless Chicago trades Stalock, which is definitely a possibility.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
A franchise player would exactly turn pylons into goalscorers.

That's what a Connor Bedard could do.

I'm not blaming Caufield at all, he's great.

Ah, yeah i agree. I just wanted to say why i think he doesn’t get much assists haha!

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
thx man. weird. i get this when i click on it:

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

The requested thread could not be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad