Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Sweeney is 8 years in without a cup. We’ve seen more accomplished GMs with the bruins be shown the exit in the same time frame.

I’d imagine his time is coming very soon. Especially after wasting two years worth of future draft assets on a first round exit while the coach he fired won the cup.

Unless they win I doubt he makes it to 2025-2026 season.
Sweeney built a team that went to the Cup Finals. He built another team that was the best regular season team in history. He’s been GM of the year once and should have won it again this year. He just signed a contract extension to oversee the rebuild. He’s not going anywhere anytime soon.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Sweeney is 8 years in without a cup. We’ve seen more accomplished GMs with the bruins be shown the exit in the same time frame.

I’d imagine his time is coming very soon. Especially after wasting two years worth of future draft assets on a first round exit while the coach he fired won the cup.

mediocre results. we are constantly told how great he is after he was handed a great core and went past the 2nd round once with it in 8 years. Celebrate regular seasons if you want but playoff hockey is when the best built teams succeed

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Never mind without a cup, he is one of the worst drafters in history.

Sweeney built a team that went to the Cup Finals. He built another team that was the best regular season team in history. He’s been GM of the year once and should have won it again this year. He just signed a contract extension to oversee the rebuild. He’s not going anywhere anytime soon.

Idk he’s closing in on Art Ross for the 2nd longest tenured GM without cup win. We’ve seen more successful GMs in chiarelli get fired.

I think he has two season to figure this out or he’s gone. I’d be very surprised if he made it to 2025-2026 season

Have you ever heard of Harry Sinden..........

Ya I’ve also seen more successful GMs in chiarelli get fired too

Reactions: Gordoff

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

Who are these more accomplished GM's? Gordon?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Like most of these guys you need to get very lucky to win a cup. It always on the players and no GM has ever loaded up a team for success than Sweeney.

Period. The coach and players F'ed him.

Chiarelli's cup teams were built for playoff hockey, Horton was a huge part of that along with a great 4th line, Lucic and physical defense (Mcquaid etc). Sweeney teams have repeatedly been bullied out of the playoffs by physical play.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Like most of these guys you need to get very lucky to win a cup. It always on the players and no GM has ever loaded up a team for success than Sweeney.

Period. The coach and players F'ed him.

Thatsa because no GM's are dumb enough to mortgage two years with of future draft assets and dip $4.5m into future cap for one season. That will be a big mistake with ramifications the Bruins have to deal with going forward for the rest of the decade.

Harry was one of the best of all time Im sure Sweeney would be honored
Out of all four major US sports, no GM had a longer tenure in the history of any sports without winning a championship in their respected leagues than Harry Sinden. So he definitely is the best at something.

Reactions: Midship and Gordoff

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Thatsa because no GM's are dumb enough to mortgage two years with of future draft assets and dip $4.5m into future cap for one season. That will be a big mistake with ramifications the Bruins have to deal with going forward for the rest of the decade.

Out of all four major US sports, no GM had a longer tenure in the history of any sports without winning a championship in their respected leagues than Harry Sinden. So he definitely is the best at something.

I think you guys just need to be pissed at something? Its summer go outside and enjoy the sun.

We can start pissing and complaining again in less than 6 weeks.

GO BRUINS!

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I think you guys just need to be pissed at something? Its summer go outside and enjoy the sun.

We can start pissing and complaining again in less than 6 weeks.

GO BRUINS!

It’s just the truth. Historically this is around the time most GMs who haven’t won a cup start to get fired. Hell even some who win cups don’t make it this far without getting fired.

His time is ticking.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
He was GM Providence they played Thursday and Saturday no scouting, Gretzky ran show but you don’t care about truth which is pretty pathetic

Saw him at Merrimack watching Bjork on a week night - said trusts his scouts that’s what they get paid for

I know you are part of the hate Sweeney cult and as someone who has studied Cults in American history at NSCC the first thing you learn is don’t bother trying to change the person - they believe what they want to believe

You have 0.0 credibility on the subject of Sweeney GM

Stick to Mitch Miller

I don't hate Sweeney. I think he's a good GM who has made some great moves. He's also made some bad moves. But overall, he's very good.

Don't see the need to try and absolve him of every bad decision.

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
They can get Lindholm without giving up any of those guys, but it would most likely involve moving Linus out in a separate deal and packing his return with gryz, Frederic and Linus’ return.

I think people will be surprised at the return the Flames get for Lindholm. Flames hold almost no leverage in that situation. It will be at a relative discount.

Winnipeg had zero leverage dealing PLD look at the return there. I wouldn't make that assumption at all. As soon as there is more than one team interested, which there will be , that's all the leverage you need.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I will be absolutely shocked to see Sweeney trade for a 1C. I think they're getting ready to keep max cap flexibility here for the massive retool (rebuild?). Linus and Marchy will be the next big names to leave the roster (in due course).

Predicting even 1/3 of the 2025-2026 roster strikes me as nearly impossible, compared to a lot of teams with young cores.

Swayman
Pasta/Zacha/Coyle
Charlie/Lindholm/Carlo/(Lohrei?)

That's it! It's exciting to think we're literally that close to a total redo, after so many years of stability. I'm not super pumped about Sweeney being in charge of that if I'm being totally honest. But hey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad