Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
This is one of the most bang on posts I've read in a while, shame you had to ruin it with that last paragraph. Most ill legit SC ever, I can't give give them credit for that, especially the coaching.
Don’t want to get into it but there’s a reason I said good coaching and not great.

I’ll take a compliment even a backhanded one :laugh:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Don’t want to get into it but there’s a reason I said good coaching and not great.

I’ll take a compliment even a backhanded one :laugh:

It's not intended backhanded at all. I couldn't agree more with everything you wrote until you got to St.Louis.

I still haven't swallowed that one. Don't think I ever will. That was wrong on every level.

When a coach tells the refs how he needs them to call the games and then they go out and follow his orders . I don't know how anyone can call that good coaching.
That is nothing but corrupt.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
DeBrusk , Carlo , Swayman..........
Those are players used to add to foundation

I’m starting to think North Shore hockey fans like North Shore beef is just a step up

In no universe is Carlo Swayman or DeBrusk foundational or not good

This place criminally underrates Carlo & DeBrusk

I’m just glad Sweens lived in the North Shore all those years

Since I appear to be the only one who knows exactly 100 % how the 2015 draft went down - Sweens only major blemish is the Riley Smith deal - yet we are talking Riley Smith, who was unfairly not accepted by the 2010-2013 team and Sweeney wanted to remove Savard contract

• Haha
Reactions: Mione134 and TCB

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

I’m starting to think North Shore hockey fans like North Shore beef is just a step up

Since I appear to be the only one who knows exactly 100 % how the 2015 draft went down - Sweens only major blemish is the Riley Smith deal - yet we are talking Riley Smith, who was unfairly not accepted by the 2010-2013 team and Sweeney wanted to remove Savard contract
This makes sense now.

Good to know that Sweeney doesn't even know what he was doing on draft day.

Last edited:

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
They can get Lindholm without giving up any of those guys, but it would most likely involve moving Linus out in a separate deal and packing his return with gryz, Frederic and Linus’ return.

I think people will be surprised at the return the Flames get for Lindholm. Flames hold almost no leverage in that situation. It will be at a relative discount.
You are probably right , I know he is a good player but I just don't think he is worth the investment he is going to be looking for next contract.........I am not against moving Ullmark ,I have even said it should be a priority over moving Swayman to get some cap space.......

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

I have no clue what you are trying to say , I have always been a supporter of Carlo has been always under valued in this town , I always liked DeBrusk and felt early in his career he was capable of 25-30 goals a year , I will admit there was a point that maybe being moved would be best for all concerned . As far the North Shore Bullshit , I have no idea what you are talking about because I am not from the North Shore..........

Reactions: Dr Quincy

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This makes sense now.

Good to know that Sweeney doesn't even know what he was doing on draft day.
He was GM Providence they played Thursday and Saturday no scouting, Gretzky ran show but you don’t care about truth which is pretty pathetic

Saw him at Merrimack watching Bjork on a week night - said trusts his scouts that’s what they get paid for

I know you are part of the hate Sweeney cult and as someone who has studied Cults in American history at NSCC the first thing you learn is don’t bother trying to change the person - they believe what they want to believe

You have 0.0 credibility on the subject of Sweeney GM

Stick to Mitch Miller

I have no clue what you are trying to say , I have always been a supporter of Carlo has been always under valued in this town , I always liked DeBrusk and felt early in his career he was capable of 25-30 goals a year , I will admit there was a point that maybe being moved would be best for all concerned . As far the North Shore Bullshit , I have no idea what you are talking about because I am not from the North Shore..........
I’m sorry to hear that

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
You are probably right , I know he is a good player but I just don't think he is worth the investment he is going to be looking for next contract.........I am not against moving Ullmark ,I have even said it should be a priority over moving Swayman to get some cap space.......

I want the player but I agree I’m not interested in giving him an 8 year extension into his late 30s. Maximum I would go is 6 years and if that results in him not wanting to come here then so be it.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
WOW, reporting on nothing to report! Classic.
Typical.

Sweeney is done for the summer except for that 300K overage.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Sweeney is 8 years in without a cup. We’ve seen more accomplished GMs with the bruins be shown the exit in the same time frame.

I’d imagine his time is coming very soon. Especially after wasting two years worth of future draft assets on a first round exit while the coach he fired won the cup.

Unless they win I doubt he makes it to 2025-2026 season.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Sweeney is 8 years in without a cup. We’ve seen more accomplished GMs with the bruins be shown the exit in the same time frame.

I’d imagine his time is coming very soon.
He just signed a contract last year , do think Jacobs will eat that contract ........

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden

I’d imagine his time is coming very soon. Especially after wasting two years worth of future draft assets on a first round exit while the coach he fired won the cup.

Unless they win I doubt he makes it to 2025-2026 season.
Never mind without a cup, he is one of the worst drafters in history.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
He just signed a contract last year , do think Jacobs will eat that contract ........

Idk how long he signed for but I’d be stunned if he makes it to the 2025-2026 season if this team doesn’t win a cup. Full decade without winning a cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad