Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
The guys around Grizz are nothing special. Should trade him for a fourth…

This makes total good sense...I only see 2 leafs.

You're allowed to post whatever you want if it pertains to trade/free agent talk as far as I know.

But if you share questionable reports people are going to question it.

As Omar said, its all in the game right?
Cool, I'm simply posting something that folk can read not read question whatever...

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I don’t seriously dial in on hockey news until October, but this showed up in my news feed. This story also lists Calgary's Elias Lindholm and Winnipeg's Mark Scheifele as possible trade targets for the Bruins.

This may be old news to some of us, but I found it pretty interesting all the same.

• Love
Reactions: BMC, TCB and Kegs

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
IRREGARDLESS of any rumors---fake, real, or otherwise---the issue the B's face in any attempted trade for a good/great young player is that basically every other team can trump their offer pretty easily. They have one of the lowest ranked prospect pools and no picks.

Their organizational asset cupboard is not overflowing.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
IMO Matthews Marner Tavares Nylander are hurting the leafs with their poor post season play and cap hit.

The leafs need to find a away to bring in character dudes with skill. Especially on D. I still say they needed to trade one of Matthews or Marner "long ago" to improve the overall team. Marner makes the most sense, however, I'm not sold on Matthews. Something about him that doesn't look right, especially when it matters most.

Immediately after the Tavares signing, I knew the leafs were in trouble. It led to a bunch of bad contracts.

Well, that's TO for you. They have the $$$ and the stupidity to sign Talent Minus Heart.

Mathews comes to mind.

Whatever one thinks of Dubas, he had a plan. Just as Jeff Gorton and John Davidson did in NY.

Dolan throws a fit, blows that up, and the Rags are pretty much back in shiny new toy territory. As they have been for much of their existence. It never works out, because they don't bring in character with talent. They bring in talent and think, erroneously, that's enough.

It isn't.

Both of those clubs are loaded, and it wouldn't surprise if they win it all soon. Even so, I don't respect the model.

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
IRREGARDLESS of any rumors---fake, real, or otherwise---the issue the B's face in any attempted trade for a good/great young player is that basically every other team can trump their offer pretty easily. They have one of the lowest ranked prospect pools and no picks.

Their organizational asset cupboard is not overflowing.
I only see one way out of that. Years of actually drafting instead of trading away picks. Years. This team will still be competitive but we're all in for a rough ride.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
As much as I’d love to have him, it was Calgary who rescued Lindholm’s career when he and Hanifin were dealt for Hamilton. From that moment forward he became the player he is today. My guess he resigns for 5 or 6 years in Calgary and calls it a career. The coaching staff rolling over may be the reason he and Backlund stay. I don’t buy the argument Calgary is a terrible city. It’s no different than Denver (for example) and taxes are better than any other province. He gets to play with Huberdeau and that could be a lot worse elsewhere. I say it’s BS he was never even close to our radar.
Calgary is a nice city. It’s not Edmonton or the peg. The people are nice, the weather is decent and it’s clean.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I only see one way out of that. Years of actually drafting instead of trading away picks. Years. This team will still be competitive but we're all in for a rough ride.
I think their way out is free agency. Sweeney (and Chiarelli) both like(d) to use free agency to build their rosters. Sweeney will try to trade for one of the pending UFA's and hope they use their NTC protection to help facilitate the deal (like Hall did), or he'll wait until next July to sign one.

Stamkos
Scheifele
Reinhart
Stephenson
Lindholm
Backlund
Duchene
Domi
Toews
Hartman
Roslovic

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I don’t seriously dial in on hockey news until October, but this showed up in my news feed. This story also lists Calgary's Elias Lindholm and Winnipeg's Mark Scheifele as possible trade targets for the Bruins.

This may be old news to some of us, but I found it pretty interesting all the same.
I think their way out is free agency. Sweeney (and Chiarelli) both like(d) to use free agency to build their rosters. Sweeney will try to trade for one of the pending UFA's and hope they use their NTC protection to help facilitate the deal (like Hall did), or he'll wait until next July to sign one.

Stamkos
Scheifele
Reinhart
Stephenson
Lindholm
Backlund
Duchene
Domi
Toews
Hartman
Roslovic
Geez I hope so. That’s a nice list. Toews might sign late in the season I feel like.

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont

Stamkos
Scheifele
Reinhart
Stephenson
Lindholm
Backlund
Duchene
Domi
Toews
Hartman
Roslovic
I hope you're right but in the long term, FA signings feel like a bandaid on a bullet wound. 32nd prospect pool in the league is depressing. Let's see what Sweeney and Gold can do when it's finally time to shit or get off the pot.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

Stamkos
Scheifele
Reinhart
Stephenson
Lindholm
Backlund
Duchene
Domi
Toews
Hartman
Roslovic

That's certainly a list of NHL players.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Geez I hope so. That’s a nice list. Toews might sign late in the season I feel like.
I think any of the players in the article I cited earlier - Pettersson, Lindholm, or Scheifele - could put the Bruins right back into contention. I like Jonathan Toews as much as the next guy, but I think he’s just a little too old.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I hope you're right but in the long term, FA signings feel like a bandaid on a bullet wound. 32nd prospect pool in the league is depressing. Let's see what Sweeney and Gold can do when it's finally time to shit or get off the pot.
FA signings brought this team back from the dead. (Chara, Savard) Hopefully this time around it buys us time to draft a long-term solution.

That said, this team has been rated the 32nd prospect pool 5 years running. How have we done the last 5 years? A Cup final, best record in history... Have we not had prospects come out of our cesspool in the last 5 years that contributed to that success? According to NHL.com, here's a list of the rookies that played for us in the last 5 years; Heinen, DeBrusk, McAvoy, Grzelcyk, Kuraly, Frederic, Swayman, Clifton, Lauzon...

Hopefully, the current pool has a few gems in it as well; Lohrei, Lysell, Poitras, maybe there will be some useful role players in there in guys like Beecher, Duran, Brunet, Edward...

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
This is the whole point. For the first time in a long time the Bruins are able to put some young kids in a position to succeed.

Debrusk is a perfect example of that. Before playing with Bergeron and Marchand people wanted to get a 3rd round pick for him.

Give Freddy a shot and put him with a zacha Pasta for 20 games and see what you get.

Kids need to grow and elevate their game.

M
As much as I don't see this working the fact is that you never know until you try.
Somewhere, somehow the Bruins need to find a diamond in the rough, no better season to unearth those diamonds than this year.

The Bruins should be trying all kinds of shit this year. They're not a legit contender so experiment away.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Just a thought I had driving home. I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign Toews just before the deadline. Seems like the kind of player they like.

Leadership, old, way past their prime, damaged goods and is a center.

I mean, what's not to like? ;)
I believe that he said that he's taking time away from the NHL this season and then possibly coming back next season (2024-25).

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Stamkos
Scheifele
Reinhart
Stephenson
Lindholm
Backlund
Duchene
Domi
Toews
Hartman
Roslovic

Domi was definitely a missed opportunity . Don't see the Bruins attracting any other of those without to much going the other way.

Domi would have been then perfect 2C on this team under then present circumstances without breaking the bank.

Also, can we stop with Toews ? He's an broken player, needs a season off. What does that mean? He's broken ,let some other team fix him, nothing to see here

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
This makes total good sense...I only see 2 leafs.

Cool, I'm simply posting something that folk can read not read question whatever...
Corey replied to a quesiton about a player left off.. that it's just a list of some random players he thought typified a certain type. It's not a list or ranking in any way.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad