Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I personally think he is a#5 Dman at best . I feel it is time to move on from him and his cap hit could be used to help improve the team. As i stated before I am really not trying to discuss his value more concerned with what his trade value is.

Ya I can see that and there plenty of people who agree with you. I think he’s roughly a number 4 so really not too far off.

Overall I like Gryz, but if lohrei is as good as some say he will be here then Gryz days are probably numbered in the next couple years. I wouldn’t be opposed to moving him in a deal depending on the return.

Reactions: Gordoff and bme44

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Ya I can see that and there plenty of people who agree with you. I think he’s roughly a number 4 so really not too far off.

Overall I like Gryz, but if lohrei is as good as some say he will be here then Gryz days are probably numbered in the next couple years. I wouldn’t be opposed to moving him in a deal depending on the return.
Im guessing a little sooner than that, given he'll be a UFA at seasons end.

Last edited:
Reactions: bme44

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Problem is you are brining in a bigger contract and losing a very manageable contract and you are just scratching the surface of Zachas potential.........If you are going after a big contract center I would prefer Petterson over Lindholm or Schefiele
I think Petterson is a pipe dream. No way the Nucks move him imo and if they do its going to cost a McAvoy. As far as Zacha , I guess I'm not as high on him as many here are. I don't think he's any more than what he showed last year and that was playing with the runner-up to McDavid for the Leagues MVP and Krejci.

Lindholm salary and Zacha for this year is pretty much a wash and next years the Bruins have more than enough Cap space available to extend Lindholm, who's clearly the better player.

• Love
Reactions: quietbruinfan

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
The plan is to have both and he’s free in June

They will wait
I think if they can make a deal for him its done. Its not like Lindholm is saying its Bruins or Free agency and then its Bruins again. The Flames will either re-up him or deal him and imo the team that gets him will have an extension in place. Therefore Lindholm wont be hitting the open market come June of 2024.

Sweeney went out and Signed Geekie he's Zacha's replacement if a deal with Calgary for Lindholm can be made, both would be Sweet, but Conroy is already on record as saying he's not going to let another top FA walk for free. so if the bruins want him they need to anti- up and Zacha or Debrusk would more than likely be the key roster piece heading the other way.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'd like Lindholm here just like everyone else, but if we're trading DeBrusk as part of the package for him, who does Lindholm center on his line? I think the goal should be to have those two together as a " in their prime " core pair and for Zacha/Pasta to be the other prime core pair. I think the Bruins should wait it out until closer to the trade deadline.

XXXX -- Zacha -- Pasta

Marchand -- Lindholm -- DeBrusk

Reactions: G Backup

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think if they can make a deal for him its done. Its not like Lindholm is saying its Bruins or Free agency and then its Bruins again. The Flames will either re-up him or deal him and imo the team that gets him will have an extension in place. Therefore Lindholm wont be hitting the open market come June of 2024.

Sweeney went out and Signed Geekie he's Zacha's replacement if a deal with Calgary for Lindholm can be made, both would be Sweet, but Conroy is already on record as saying he's not going to let another top FA walk for free. so if the bruins want him they need to anti- up and Zacha or Debrusk would more than likely be the key roster piece heading the other way.

I don’t think Calgary dealing him means he won’t hit UFA. He wants #1C money so its far from a guarantee that a playoff team getting him for a run can slot him in long term. It’s a risky bet to make, for sure, but who are the teams besides Boston and Calgary that are hot to pay Lindholm 9+?

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
What a powerful outage its gonna be with that black hole in the middle we better play those 2 to 1 games and win and that's what Donny is thinking here. I think will be fine playing this way and getting in.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Bruins won’t fill a hole by creating another

DeBrusk I’m not sure what the plan is but Zacha especially and Carlo likely are not going anywhere

If they trade for Lindholm I would go Zacha 0% Carlo 0% and DeBrusk 25%

I’d keep Jake and wait till February see where at

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Some cold water stats for Zacha amongst forwards last year.

5 on 5 goals: 76th (tied)
5 on 5 secondary helpers: 2nd
5 on 5 primary helpers: 91st (tied)

Going to need to see more primary points out of Zacha this coming season.
If that’s among forwards, those are “first line” forwards numbers no?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Some cold water stats for Zacha amongst forwards last year.

5 on 5 goals: 76th (tied)
5 on 5 secondary helpers: 2nd
5 on 5 primary helpers: 91st (tied)

Going to need to see more primary points out of Zacha this coming season.

Kind of tough to pick up primary assists on that line with Krejci and Pasta as the main facilitators.

IMO, primary vs secondary assists have just about the same importance.

A lot is going to be expected of Zacha, that's for sure. I think at least points wise, Pasta will help inflate his stats and Zacha will end up with 60-70 points, which is in line with Bergeron/Krejci production. The other parts of the position as current defacto #1 ( faceoffs, two way play, dependability in key situations ) will be what they'll have to focus on to see if he's up for the spot or if he's a bench warmer for a bigger fish.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Kind of tough to pick up primary assists on that line with Krejci and Pasta as the main facilitators.

A lot is going to be expected of Zacha, that's for sure. I think at least points wise, Pasta will help inflate his stats and Zacha will end up with 60-70 points, which is in line with Bergeron/Krejci production. The other parts of the position as current defacto #1 ( faceoffs, two way play, dependability in key situations ) will be what they'll have to focus on to see if he's up for the spot or if he's a bench warmer for a bigger fish.
Pasta makes plays but he isn't exactly a facilitator.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

Why do you feel this way?

• Haha
Reactions: Dr Quincy

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Why do you feel this way?

Just for my own observation ( not backed by stats ), a lot of secondary assists end up being just as impactful as the primary when breaking down a play that leads to a goal.

- A dman under pressure makes a breakout pass that ends up on the center's stick for a two on one breakout and eventually a goal

- Someone winning a board battle who then gets the puck to a teammate, who then passes it for a goal

Those guys are getting secondary assists, but were vital in getting the play in motion.

Reactions: Gordoff

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Just for my own observation ( not backed by stats ), a lot of secondary assists end up being just as impactful as the primary when breaking down a play that leads to a goal.

- A dman under pressure makes a breakout pass that ends up on the center's stick for a two on one breakout and eventually a goal

- Someone winning a board battle who then gets the puck to a teammate, who then passes it for a goal

Those guys are getting secondary assists, but were vital in getting the play in motion.

Those are great examples, for sure. But I don't think secondary assists on the whole come close in total numbers to being "just as impactful" as their primary counterparts. I think a majority of secondary assists end up being "guy who happened to touch the puck prior to the pass that actually set up a goal."

Reactions: wintersej
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille