Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
From Oct 12 to Nov 1 with Forbort they were at 94.2%

From Nov 2 to Nov 28 they were 76.1% without him.

From Nov 29 to Mar 16 with him they were at 86% with him.

From mar 17 to start of playoffs they were 93.9% without him.

On which planet is that improved without him?
The planet where they went from 86% to 93.9%? :dunno:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
You can pay the price now for a package of Lindholm/Hanifin ( which takes you from pretender to contender) or you can wait until TDL and try to lowball and come up empty.

JDB, Lysell, Grizz ( for Calgary to flip) and 2025 1st. Now.

For Lindholm and Hanifin and Calgary 3rd 2024.

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
The only one there I would not trade is DeBrusk, we need young forwards who can score and he can do that, Ullmark or Gryz for Lindholm, I have no problem moving either of them in a deal.
I hear you, but the problem is they won't want Ullmark as they have Wolfe coming up and Gryz isn't enough to get it done. If they feel DeBrusk will want more than they can afford next contract he becomes the prime trade chip.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
With DK likely announcing his retirement I hope this can put to bed the hope that Bergy or DK miraculously save this team. Let them live with their mistakes for a season and maybe management will understand the value of drafting actual centers.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Lindholm rumors won't go away. Only meaningful pieces you can move are DeBrusk, Gryz and Ullmark, and Calgary doesn't want a goalie so it would have to be DeBrusk and/or Gryz. Just don't see how this happens.
there are zero rumors just speculation and suggestions that he could (and should) be the target. I have not read one report of a "source" indicating that talks are actually going on. its literally Horvat to BOS all over again

Reactions: Gordoff

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
With DK likely announcing his retirement I hope this can put to bed the hope that Bergy or DK miraculously save this team. Let them live with their mistakes for a season and maybe management will understand the value of drafting actual centers.
Quick check - in the last three years 6/8 of their picks in the first four rounds have been centers. The other two were Lysell and Svedeback. They also signed Merkulov in there.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Quick check - in the last three years 6/8 of their picks in the first four rounds have been centers. The other two were Lysell and Svedeback. They also signed Merkulov in there.
Yes panic drafting centers as the two binky’s neared retirement is clearly the path for success. The last top 6 center drafted and developed by Boston was Seguin. Spin it anyway you like, it’s an organizational failure.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
But we just ignore they went from 94% to 76 without him?

I'm not saying I love the player, but it's wrong to say the PK was more effective without him.
I think the common sentiment throughout the year was that Forbort was the PK and that we put up with his 5-on-5 play because he was so critical to that unit. But we saw when he went down to end the year, the PK actually improved without him.

So he wasn't this ace that many made him out to be. The justification for his value was evidenced to be greatly exaggerated when better options were given a chance in front of him.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
The planet where they went from 86% to 93.9%? :dunno:
They went from 86 to 93.9 with Orlov being there the final 15 games Forbort missed. Forbort and Orlov only played a couple games together. So, this part is virtually the same again this year:

Oct 12 to Nov 1 with Forbort they were at 94.2%

From Nov 2 to Nov 28 they were 76.1% without him.

From Nov 29 to Mar 16 with him they were at 86% with him.

So, it was a huge difference

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Yes panic drafting centers as the two binky’s neared retirement is clearly the path for success. The last top 6 center drafted and developed by Boston was Seguin. Spin it anyway you like, it’s an organizational failure.
3 years is a long way from "panic" moves.

I do love the "they haven't developed any top 6 centers for the team since Krejci and Bergeron became their top 6 centers 15 years ago" argument. :laugh:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
there are zero rumors just speculation and suggestions that he could (and should) be the target. I have not read one report of a "source" indicating that talks are actually going on. its literally Horvat to BOS all over again
Your exactly right. The Flames are still trying to sign him. That's their number one obligation this off season is to get Lindholm signed to a Multi-Year contract. Conroy addressed his upcoming UFA early as he didn't want another Gaudreau incident where someone left for nothing.

Bruins need a center and Lindholm may become available, and there will be speculation until he signs or is traded.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I think the common sentiment throughout the year was that Forbort was the PK and that we put up with his 5-on-5 play because he was so critical to that unit. But we saw when he went down to end the year, the PK actually improved without him.

So he wasn't this ace that many made him out to be. The justification for his value was evidenced to be greatly exaggerated when better options were given a chance in front of him.
Okay...so we just ignore early in the year when the PK was an absmyal 76% without him because it fits that narrative and only look at the stretch at the end of the year when we had Orlov, where it matched his early season success? Who is our Orlov then this year? Because when we were without both Forbort and Orlov it wasn't pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad